Jerry Gray takes over Media Duties from Blache

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 10-09-2009, 09:18 AM   #61
MTK
\m/

Re: Jerry Gray takes over Media Duties from Blache

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beemnseven View Post
I thought Doc Walker's explanation fit best -- when Blache said earlier in the week "throw me under the bus", Zorn may have come to him and said, 'don't do that, I'm the coach, I take the blame here, not you' -- Blache may have agreed, and then said 'I'm not speaking to the media, period.'
Yeah I can buy that.

Or maybe the pieces are being put in place just in case Zorn gets the boot at the bye. Who the F knows anymore.

Advertisements
Old 10-09-2009, 09:32 AM   #62
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beemnseven View Post
I thought Doc Walker's explanation fit best -- when Blache said earlier in the week "throw me under the bus", Zorn may have come to him and said, 'don't do that, I'm the coach, I take the blame here, not you' -- Blache may have agreed, and then said 'I'm not speaking to the media, period.'
If it was Blache and Zorn said that to me, I would have been really tempted to say "Well, you haven't taken the blame here so somebody on this staff had to man up and do it"
Old 10-09-2009, 09:37 AM   #63
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
If Snyder needs to find out what his roll is, simply look around the league at successful organizations (Giants, Pats, Steelers) and see how their owners do things. See they let "football" people run things, making the big decisions. Now Im not saying that always work but dont tell me with the money he is willing to pay people, he could not pull someone from another organization, fire Vinny or demote him to a scout, and say "Ive tryed my way for 10 years and it doesnt work, please fix this and I will stay hands off with my enormous open check book." Until then we will be grouped with the other owners like Jerry Jones and Al Davis. I guess Im just sick of these crazy ass moves, getting a bingo caller on offense without consulting the head coach and then having your D coordinator saying im not talking to the media anymore....this is not normal operations for a football team...if Blanche (who I support and thinks he does the best job on a weak coaching staff) cant take talking to the media cause its just too much, just retire if you dont want to be here. Skins are a circus...the Snyder era has hit a bottom, next stop is Raiders-land of knocking out assistant coaches and the owner calling the sidelines inserting D and O packages during the game. Oh and CRedskinsRule not calling you an idiot, just frustrated. And your post quote about building the house rules and completely relates to this topic of Snyder running things, maybe he should read it.
Any Skins fan who isn't frustrated, is pure and simple weird, or not a real fan. I think every one of us looks at the team and tries to figure out this basic thought: "Why the heck can't the team I have watched all my life put together a team that is clearly capable of winning it all year in and out?" How many fans want their teams to be bottom of their division over and over? So we look at the team and some say: It must start at the top. or We need a new xxx (qb, rb whatever player of the day). or if a "real" football guy were the GM. or in my case - firing one low level position coach (cough cough Hixon cough cough).

The reality is it has been 10 years of trying approach after approach, bringing in a bad coach set us back, going after big names, etc. But my point is Snyder isn't selling this team, he is trying - in my opinion - to do what it takes, and as a fan, I can only hope that he gets it right. In the meantime, I will use my fan glasses to evaluate the moves made (i have no power to change them, so I hope for the best), and watch each gameday hoping that today is the day.

a couple specific points:
Cerrato brought Lewis in, to lay that at DS' feet is wrong, unless you want him to override his football guy

Cerrato is a "football guy" you and others may not think he is the quality that you want, but he is and has been a football guy for since the early 90's and does have some successes on his record

Bringing in a consultant is not a wild ass crazy move like JJ or Al Davis would make. Those two owners specifically think they know everything, and people who question them, like Dan Reeves, or any number of coaches in Oakland, are shown the door. DS has shown much more patience and respect to those who he brings in. And, businesses bring consultants in all the time(look in the yellow pages) when an area of operation is not producing like it should, football should be no different.

The Skins aren't a circus, they are a Bingo tent.

Finally I know fully well that I am an idiot, and I have an ex-wife who will gladly tell you every legitimate reason + some
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 11:10 AM   #64
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

^ha, Bingo tent nice. Yeah, Cerrato is a football guy, but he is also a "yes" man. And Vinny has had successes in the past, but hey he has had enough time to build this team. People behind the scenes confirm that the big decisions are being made and influenced by Snyder, refering to the recent George Michael article that was posted. Snyder's way doesnt work, and he wont sell the team which hell I wouldnt the revenue figures were the best last year among franchises. I just wish Snyder would go hands off and hire a GM to make the big decisions. Now I would love Bingo Man to wave that wand and make everything work, but I simply dont believe he will, Im more of the Charlie Casserly state of mind with the move. I will continue to support the players and pray for a playoff birth...HTTR
Chico23231 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 11:22 AM   #65
freddyg12
Playmaker

This move to bring Lewis in would have to have snyder's approval obviously, but it also seems to have more than just Snyder's stamp. This has been done twice before under his ownership. It is also a very corporate approach, rather than a conventional football team move. Another way it seems to point toward snyder is simply in spending money & doing something.

Men of his means often believe they can buy their way out of things or fix things by throwing money at it & being proactive. That may be the case here, or there could be a greater plan at work as so many others have already speculated.

I have to agree w/chico's last post, don't have high hopes of this working.
freddyg12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 11:45 AM   #66
warriorzpath

Quote:
Originally Posted by freddyg12 View Post
This move to bring Lewis in would have to have snyder's approval obviously, but it also seems to have more than just Snyder's stamp. This has been done twice before under his ownership. It is also a very corporate approach, rather than a conventional football team move. Another way it seems to point toward snyder is simply in spending money & doing something.

Men of his means often believe they can buy their way out of things or fix things by throwing money at it & being proactive. That may be the case here, or there could be a greater plan at work as so many others have already speculated.

I have to agree w/chico's last post, don't have high hopes of this working.
I agree with all of this and I think it's time for Snyder to stop taking the corporated approach and start making decisions from a football perspective.
warriorzpath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 12:24 PM   #67
GMScud
Swearinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
Yeah I can buy that.

Or maybe the pieces are being put in place just in case Zorn gets the boot at the bye. Who the F knows anymore.
Exactly. Such a simple sentence, yet so true in so many aspects with this team right now.
Old 10-09-2009, 12:44 PM   #68
Longtimefan
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70Chip View Post
I think it's absurd that anyone is required to talk to the press. What a waste of time talking to a bunch of simple-minded reporters. If it were up to me, reporters wouldn't be allowed on the property.

Blache is probably just tired of talking to idiots. I sympathise completely.

I've said that more than once, the man just grew tired of constantly ansewring the same old stupid questions week after week. One could sense how fed up he had become when he responded to Trevor Matich the way he did in a post-game interview. With all the discord surrounding this team right now it wouldn't surprise me at all if Blache dosen't call it quits at seasons end.
Longtimefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 12:50 PM   #69
Gmanc711
Thank You, Sean.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70Chip View Post
I think it's absurd that anyone is required to talk to the press. What a waste of time talking to a bunch of simple-minded reporters. If it were up to me, reporters wouldn't be allowed on the property.

Blache is probably just tired of talking to idiots. I sympathise completely.
Well without media and reporters, its likley that Blache is doign something else with his life... and Robert Henson for that matter...
Gmanc711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 03:47 PM   #70
RedBar
Camp Scrub

Smile Re: Jerry Gray takes over Media Duties from Blache

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gmanc711 View Post
Well without media and reporters, its likley that Blache is doign something else with his life... and Robert Henson for that matter...

Yeah, football is a media invention. No one would participate if it wasn't for the press. I gotta tell my nine year old to hang the pads up because he just isn't getting enough ink.

"If american boys ever lose the the desire to hit and be hit this country will fall apart at some of its greatest national seams." -Paul "Bear" Bryant
RedBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 06:05 PM   #71
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill B View Post
Smootsmack - when they said Shanahan was the guy did they mention anything about the current Front Office setup? Would Vinny still be part of the organization? Would Shanhan only come if he gets to bring his Front Office people including a new GM and would Synder get out of all things except signing the paychecks and marketing?
Front Office would reportedly alter a bit, but it wouldn't involve Vinny not being here.
Old 10-09-2009, 10:23 PM   #72
celts32
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Front Office would reportedly alter a bit, but it wouldn't involve Vinny not being here.
teflon Vinny

“Goal line, goal line. I-left, tight wing, 70 chip on white.”

www.facebook.com/HackettstownBeerClub
celts32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 10:33 PM   #73
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by celts32 View Post
teflon Vinny
I'll take Vinny over Shanahan as a GM