Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Chase young discussion

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 01-14-2020, 10:52 AM   #121
Ohioskins
Special Teams

Re: Chase young discussion

To a certain extent I think he is a product of the system at LSU. He had 3 great receivers all of whom have speed and are willing to go up and "get the ball" plus a great tight end. Burrow himself has said he throws to receivers who appear to be covered because he knows his guys know how to "go get the ball". I think his first year or two in Cincinnati will be tough until they get him a core of great receivers around him. Clearly he is a gifted QB with a high level of "football intelligence". But at LSU he was in a perfect system for his talents. I think he will struggle in his early NFL years until the Bengals put enough talent around him. And since it is the Bengals whose front office would make Bruce Allen seem competent, there will be some questions about whether they can build a team around him.
Ohioskins is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 01-14-2020, 11:43 AM   #122
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohioskins View Post
To a certain extent I think he is a product of the system at LSU. He had 3 great receivers all of whom have speed and are willing to go up and "get the ball" plus a great tight end. Burrow himself has said he throws to receivers who appear to be covered because he knows his guys know how to "go get the ball". I think his first year or two in Cincinnati will be tough until they get him a core of great receivers around him. Clearly he is a gifted QB with a high level of "football intelligence". But at LSU he was in a perfect system for his talents. I think he will struggle in his early NFL years until the Bengals put enough talent around him. And since it is the Bengals whose front office would make Bruce Allen seem competent, there will be some questions about whether they can build a team around him.
He's the best QB in the history of that program and that is saying something seeing they have been around forever. The guys pocket awareness and movement is as good as it gets, he's accurate and his arm is strong enough (which is the most overrated attribute).
Old 01-14-2020, 11:54 AM   #123
MTK
\m/

Aren't most big program QB's in a great system and surrounded by a lot of talent?
Old 01-14-2020, 11:56 AM   #124
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Joe Brady was a big difference scheme wise, but he also let Burrow actually make more decisions pre snap and gave him autonomy at the line...something he never woulda had at OSU. Trusting in Burrow was the smart move which led LSU to a title. With this one year with Joe Brady...he's 1000 more times ready than say Haskins.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2020, 12:35 PM   #125
skinsfan69
Living Legend

I give less than a 50/50 shot that Burrow makes it playing for the Bengals. I'd force my way out a la Cousins and become a free agent in 4 years. But no question they have to take him. He is the best player in the country. That kid just drops dimes. He throws guys open.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2020, 12:39 PM   #126
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Also I don't get all the hype with Trevor Lawrence. Yeah he's a big strong tall kid but he is just a thrower w/ a lot of mobility. Burrow is a passer who has mobility and that is the difference between the two. Both Burrow and Tua are passers, they have the touch and the pure accuracy. Lawrence doesn't seem to have that down yet, neither does the kid at Oregon.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2020, 12:44 PM   #127
Ohioskins
Special Teams

It is true that Burrow is way more advanced than Haskins. But you have to remember Haskins only had ONE YEAR as a starting QB and that was with Urban Meyer who does not run a pro style offense. Burrow had at least 2 years at LSU. And remember Haskins did have better numbers, by quite a bit, than Burrow in 2018 when it was the first year as a starting qb for each of them.
Ohioskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2020, 01:26 PM   #128
Warthog
The Starter

Chase young discussion

They’ll get rid of:
Norman
Reed (he’ll retire)
Richardson
Davis
AP
McCoy
Keenum
Trade Kerrigan unless he takes a real cap friendly contract
They’ll resign Trent and Scherff and Flowers and maybe Penn
Youth movement!

FA - Hooper TE
CB
WR —#2 WR

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Flyboy.

"Land of the Free and Home of the Brave"

Last edited by Warthog; 01-15-2020 at 03:32 PM.
Warthog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2020, 08:33 PM   #129
Warthog
The Starter

Chase young discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohioskins View Post
It is true that Burrow is way more advanced than Haskins. But you have to remember Haskins only had ONE YEAR as a starting QB and that was with Urban Meyer who does not run a pro style offense. Burrow had at least 2 years at LSU. And remember Haskins did have better numbers, by quite a bit, than Burrow in 2018 when it was the first year as a starting qb for each of them.

Haskins was improving quickly, at the end of the season he had over 120 QB rating in his last two games.

Flyboy.

Old 01-17-2020, 08:36 PM   #130
5superbowls3wins
Impact Rookie

Chase young discussion

Was Josh Norman’s performance poor because of shit coaching? We saw how bad the rest of the defense performed under Manusky. No one was in a position to succeed including Norman.

It will be interesting to see if they keep him, and how well he plays under Rivera again with the 4-3 system Del Rio puts in.

5superbowls3wins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2020, 08:37 PM   #131
Meks
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5superbowls3wins View Post
Was Josh Norman’s performance poor because of shit coaching? We saw how bad the rest of the defense performed under Manusky. No one was in a position to succeed including Norman.

It will be interesting to see if they keep him, and how well he plays under Rivera again with the 4-3 system Del Rio puts in.

I personally think he stopped giving a shit and hot burnt like the roast loaf he was playing like.

Not someone I want on the team.
R.I.P #21SEAN TAYLOR
Meks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2020, 09:00 PM   #132
Warthog
The Starter

Chase young discussion

The defense improved A LOT, when Norman was pulled out of the game. He is another over-priced, under-performing FA picked by Bruce Allen. That play where they put him into a ST field goal, and HE DIDN’T MOVE during the entire play, tells me everything I need to know about him.

This is the prototype veteran that has been hired by the Redskins (Cerrato / Allen) in the Snyder era. A big SLASH, and he plays just hard enough to ensure his return for another season (and another fat paycheck) and not to get hurt. Dump him!!

Flyboy.

Last edited by Warthog; 01-18-2020 at 09:18 AM.