2022 veteran QB options

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 02-16-2022, 12:10 PM   #16
SunnySide
Playmaker

Re: 2022 veteran QB options

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
C'mon. Wilson is an accomplished SB champ and a borderline HOF type of player.

Chase had like one sack last year. SMH...
1. Yall so quick to downplay or turn on Chase. I think hes going to be in the HOF all said and done (barring injuries of course). He is a generational physical talent with a motor and will to be the best.

The way this fan base views Chase is disappointing to me.

2. Did you see Chase get face time on that Superbowl commercial with the other superstars of the NFL?

Chase is very marketable and already a brand name.
SunnySide is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 02-16-2022, 12:16 PM   #17
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
Seattle has not said a word regarding RW, which to me seems odd.. If they were keeping him you would think they would come out and say that.

I'd offer 2 first and go from there.

Wentz to me is better than the other guys listed.
So they'd get our 1st rounder which is pick 11. They'd go from Wilson to Kenny Pickett? Or Corrall? Or Willis? LOL and SMH.

If the Seattle GM and Carroll made that deal they would be and should be fired and never be allowed to work in the NFL again. That would be the stupidest trade in the history of trades.

Not only is that stupid on the football side, but also on the business side as well. I can not think of one reason why Seattle would move Wilson. Not one.

Get ready to get your Carson Wentz or Mitch Trubisky Commander jerseys!!!!
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2022, 12:17 PM   #18
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnySide View Post
1. Yall so quick to downplay or turn on Chase. I think hes going to be in the HOF all said and done (barring injuries of course). He is a generational physical talent with a motor and will to be the best.

The way this fan base views Chase is disappointing to me.

2. Did you see Chase get face time on that Superbowl commercial with the other superstars of the NFL?

Chase is very marketable and already a brand name.
He can do all the ads he wants, get some damn sacks. Pressure the QB. Until then I don't care.
Old 02-16-2022, 12:18 PM   #19
MTK
\m/

I can definitely see CY in the running for comeback player of the year in 2022. Hopefully he was humbled by last season and works his ass off to bounce back strong. Maybe even take up Charles Mann on his offer to work with him.
Old 02-16-2022, 12:19 PM   #20
Redskins 2021
Camp Scrub

Wentz or Winston pick one for this year.
Redskins 2021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2022, 12:21 PM   #21
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Just to see Ruskins lose it, I’d like to see Cousins comeback

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2022, 12:21 PM   #22
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
I would go

1. Wilson…make the home run offer
2. Wentz - this to me is a no brainer. He bounced back and I could see him being the top QB garnering interest quickly across the league. Ron needs to move fast..offer the 1 and a defensive player now.
3. Matt Ryan - the money is an issue, but Ron needs to win now. Ryan would be a calming influence on the team and the leader on offense they need. I might put him ahead of Wentz.
4. Winston - the guy for all his faults is loved by coaching staffs and teams. His story isn’t finished in the NFL. System system system matters.
5. Trubisky - they had interest before and as a fall back option he would be cheap. He can run and has a decent arm. I like he sat and learned behind a winner last year.
Here is my thing on Wentz. The Eagles gave up on him for a RB that plays QB. Then he goes to Indy where he has a relationship w/ Reich. Now after one year he may be flat out released.

Something really stinks w/ Wentz. Yeah he is better than what we have but a lot of alarm bells going off around that guy. Something ain't right.
Old 02-16-2022, 12:22 PM   #23
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
He would stroke out if we got Kirk back.
Old 02-16-2022, 12:27 PM   #24
MTK
\m/

From a recent article on The Athletic regarding Wentz, main reason why they are on the fence with him

Quote:
The three words that stuck out to me most during Ballard’s 66-minute postseason news conference after the season:

Make the layups.

That was a window into the GM’s lengthy conversation with his quarterback after the Week 18 collapse; Ballard was urging Wentz to stop playing hero ball, to instead make the smarter, safer decisions he got away from in the season’s final two games. “Just make the layups,” Ballard urged his QB.

And it wasn’t just an issue at the end; Wentz was guilty of this all year. It’s the conundrum the QB has battled throughout his career, and led to his benching in Philadelphia in 2020. He plays overly aggressive, taking unnecessary risks that can bury his team. Sometimes they pay off. Oftentimes, they don’t.

Wentz largely kept this in check in Indianapolis — an encouraging sign after his dismal last year with the Eagles — but he became unglued in Jacksonville. He missed open receivers in the flat. His footwork was sloppy, his decision-making hesitant, then reckless. He panicked on some snaps, forcing the ball down the field into heavy coverage. Because of the way their quarterback played, especially after halftime, the Colts never had a shot.

“You’ve got to be able to get the ball out of your hands quickly,” Ballard said. “You’ve got to be able to get the ball out and take the easy completion when it comes, and that is a big part of Frank’s offense.”

Asked if Wentz was capable of improving in this area — if a QB who’s played the game one way his entire life can, at the age of 30, learn to play more disciplined — Ballard’s answer seemed more like a shrug of the shoulders, and a telling one at that.

“I think that’s something we’ve got to work through,” the GM said.

Most worrisome is Wentz was a sixth-year quarterback in 2021, still having trouble knowing when to throw it away, still refusing to check it down, still having issues reading a defense. It’s not a coincidence a year after making 63 catches from Philip Rivers, shifty running back Nyheim Hines had just 40 this past season with Wentz. No quarterback is perfect, but the fact that Wentz, in game No. 103 of his career, struggled with the most essential components to quarterbacking is, at the very least, an alarming red flag.

“Still been walking that one out my whole career,” Wentz said before the season, “trying every day to figure out how to toe the line of being aggressive, trying to be a playmaker, trying to make things happen, but being smart.”
Old 02-16-2022, 12:30 PM   #25
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
LOL
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2022, 12:33 PM   #26
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
So they'd get our 1st rounder which is pick 11. They'd go from Wilson to Kenny Pickett? Or Corrall? Or Willis? LOL and SMH.

If the Seattle GM and Carroll made that deal they would be and should be fired and never be allowed to work in the NFL again. That would be the stupidest trade in the history of trades.

Not only is that stupid on the football side, but also on the business side as well. I can not think of one reason why Seattle would move Wilson. Not one.

Get ready to get your Carson Wentz or Mitch Trubisky Commander jerseys!!!!
You are probably right, that the Wilson talk is crazy. However, Seattle could get three 1st round picks for him, and not settle for Pickett, Corral, etc. They could strike a deal for J Garappolo, K Cousins, M Ryan, C Wentz, J Winston...and be set up to draft a QB in next year's draft.

Neither of those guys are the caliber of R Wilson, but if ever there was a time to get the moon for RW, now is the time.
Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2022, 12:42 PM   #27
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

I don't see them trading him either but until they come out and say NO, I'll have some hope.
Old 02-16-2022, 12:45 PM   #28
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
I don't see them trading him either but until they come out and say NO, I'll have some hope.
This was from back on Jan 9

Quote:
Despite all the speculation, the Seahawks have no plans to trade Russell Wilson this offseason, according to team sources who spoke with NFL.com’s Mike Garafolo.

https://www.profootballrumors.com/20...russell-wilson
Old 02-16-2022, 01:09 PM   #29
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
This was from back on Jan 9
Well if this is still the case, we might as well move on from that thought..
Old 02-18-2022, 10:53 AM   #30
GridIron26
Playmaker

Not sure if this info is legit but according to Standig from The Athletic, we will be willing to trade almost anyone including Young for Wilson or Rodgers. I think this off-season will be interesting for us!
GridIron26 is offline   Reply With Quote