Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop




Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum


The stadium thread 2: New stadium boogaloo

Locker Room Main Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-20-2021, 07:07 PM   #1
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder
 
mooby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 19,250
The stadium thread 2: New stadium boogaloo

I don't expect this thread to get a lot of action soon, just wanted someplace to document this in case years later we find out this was the turning point on a stadium announcement.

A caller to Brian Mitchell/JP Finlay claims the contractor that did the Raiders stadium is working with the WFT to re-develop RFK. Seems a little sus given the trend with new stadiums is to build huge retail developments all around it to bring in money year-round and RFK doesn't seem to have that kinda space.

That also seems to contradict with this recent WaPo article saying team officials are working with legislators in VA to convert the useless baseball stadium authority into a football stadium authority to find a spot for the team in VA - preferably in Loudoun or Prince William counties according to the article. Loudoun would make sense if they built near the Silver Line extension - as much as I would enjoy them building in PWC it doesn't make sense considering we don't have direct Metro access.
__________________
Hail to the Football Team
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 12-20-2021, 07:56 PM   #2
JackLord
Special Teams
 
JackLord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2020
Posts: 276
Re: The stadium thread 2: New stadium boogaloo

A return to the RFK site is the most appealing, but also the most unlikely option.

My prediction: Snyder takes a page from the Mets move from Shea to Citifield. He builds a newer, smaller place next to FedEx Field on the parking lot. Once completed, he knocks down FedEx and replaces the parking.
JackLord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2021, 08:09 PM   #3
BaltimoreSkins
Playmaker
 
BaltimoreSkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Parkton, MD
Posts: 4,008
Re: The stadium thread 2: New stadium boogaloo

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
I don't expect this thread to get a lot of action soon, just wanted someplace to document this in case years later we find out this was the turning point on a stadium announcement.

A caller to Brian Mitchell/JP Finlay claims the contractor that did the Raiders stadium is working with the WFT to re-develop RFK. Seems a little sus given the trend with new stadiums is to build huge retail developments all around it to bring in money year-round and RFK doesn't seem to have that kinda space.

That also seems to contradict with this recent WaPo article saying team officials are working with legislators in VA to convert the useless baseball stadium authority into a football stadium authority to find a spot for the team in VA - preferably in Loudoun or Prince William counties according to the article. Loudoun would make sense if they built near the Silver Line extension - as much as I would enjoy them building in PWC it doesn't make sense considering we don't have direct Metro access.
Plus where would the surfing moat go?
BaltimoreSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2021, 08:40 PM   #4
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend
 
CRedskinsRule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Age: 55
Posts: 20,692
Re: The stadium thread 2: New stadium boogaloo

I could certainly see a contractor drawing up a competitive bid for rebuilding on RFK. That is just doing due diligence.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2021, 12:20 AM   #5
TheGuyFromOverThere
Impact Rookie
 
TheGuyFromOverThere's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Vienna, Austria
Age: 44
Posts: 610
Re: The stadium thread 2: New stadium boogaloo

The new stadium will be built in Stamford, Connecticut for the McMahon Dumbfounders after Dannis-the-Menace sold the team to Vince McMahon.
TheGuyFromOverThere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2021, 05:55 AM   #6
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder
 
mooby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 19,250
Re: The stadium thread 2: New stadium boogaloo

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
I could certainly see a contractor drawing up a competitive bid for rebuilding on RFK. That is just doing due diligence.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
Makes the most sense - draw up multiple options for multiple sites and let DC/VA outbid each other for the best deal - I think Hogan has already said MD is out for a new stadium.
__________________
Hail to the Football Team
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2021, 08:16 AM   #7
mredskins
MVP
 
mredskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 11,334
Re: The stadium thread 2: New stadium boogaloo

Quote:
Originally Posted by credskinsrule View Post
i could certainly see a contractor drawing up a competitive bid for rebuilding on rfk. That is just doing due diligence.

Sent from my sm-g973u using tapatalk
this
__________________
When life gives you paper jams, turn them into paper footballs!
mredskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2021, 09:20 AM   #8
AnonEmouse
The Starter
 
AnonEmouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: UK
Age: 56
Posts: 1,691
Re: The stadium thread 2: New stadium boogaloo

Wherever it ends up, lets just hope it doesn't get named the "Daniel Snyder Memorial Stadium" or the like.
AnonEmouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2021, 01:24 PM   #9
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder
 
mooby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 19,250
Re: The stadium thread 2: New stadium boogaloo

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonEmouse View Post
Wherever it ends up, lets just hope it doesn't get named the "Daniel Snyder Memorial Stadium" or the like.
Implying Dan has moved on to the 8th level of hell (in my hell it would be the Cowboys winning the Super Bowl every year)? I would make that deal.
__________________
Hail to the Football Team
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2021, 05:45 PM   #10
AnonEmouse
The Starter
 
AnonEmouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: UK
Age: 56
Posts: 1,691
Re: The stadium thread 2: New stadium boogaloo

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
Implying Dan has moved on to the 8th level of hell (in my hell it would be the Cowboys winning the Super Bowl every year)? I would make that deal.
Now, how much do you want for your soul?
AnonEmouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2021, 12:51 PM   #11
JackLord
Special Teams
 
JackLord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2020
Posts: 276
Re: The stadium thread 2: New stadium boogaloo

This article states there may be a dome in Virginia:

https://www.bizjournals.com/washingt...P-gP3MJFnxEldA
JackLord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2021, 12:52 PM   #12
BaltimoreSkins
Playmaker
 
BaltimoreSkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Parkton, MD
Posts: 4,008
Re: The stadium thread 2: New stadium boogaloo

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackLord View Post
This article states there may be a dome in Virginia:

https://www.bizjournals.com/washingt...P-gP3MJFnxEldA
Dear lord the only thing worse than a stadium in the suburbs is a domed stadium in the suburb.
BaltimoreSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2021, 01:04 PM   #13
sdskinsfan2001
Hakuna Matata
 
sdskinsfan2001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Mount Pleasant, South Carolina
Age: 39
Posts: 14,143
Re: The stadium thread 2: New stadium boogaloo

No fucking dome!!! Hell no!!!
__________________
https://linktr.ee/summo13

Acts 16:31: Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved.
sdskinsfan2001 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2021, 01:55 PM   #14
JackLord
Special Teams
 
JackLord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2020
Posts: 276
Re: The stadium thread 2: New stadium boogaloo

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
No fucking dome!!! Hell no!!!
I agree. Domes are soul sucking structures.
JackLord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2021, 01:57 PM   #15
MTK
\m/
 
MTK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: NY
Age: 49
Posts: 97,889
Re: The stadium thread 2: New stadium boogaloo

How about a dome with a retractable roof? You get the best of both.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
MTK is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:30 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We have no official affiliation with the Washington Commanders or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.20345 seconds with 10 queries