Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop




Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum


2022 veteran QB options

Locker Room Main Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-22-2022, 02:51 PM   #61
Redskins247
Impact Rookie
 
Redskins247's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Raleigh NC
Posts: 743
Re: 2022 veteran QB options

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
Kyler Murray anyone?

Betting odds shift amid talk that Kyler Murray could leave the Cardinals

The maturity issues are a big red flag, but still something to think about if he was really available
He is definitely a talent...but definitely has some issues that may not can be overcome. But he'd make things interesting for sure.
Redskins247 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 02-22-2022, 04:29 PM   #62
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder
 
mooby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 19,249
Re: 2022 veteran QB options

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redskins247 View Post
He is definitely a talent...but definitely has some issues that may not can be overcome. But he'd make things interesting for sure.
If nothing else putting him on the market and giving him away to a top bidder would mean one less roster spot that needs to be filled - which helps us. The supply would still be less than demand but every bit helps.
__________________
Hail to the Football Team
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2022, 04:41 PM   #63
SunnySide
Playmaker
 
SunnySide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Posts: 3,425
Re: 2022 veteran QB options

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redskins 2021 View Post
Jimmy g has a big cap hit for team trading for him and want a new contract. I don't think there will be as much competition as everyone thinks for him.
Agreed.

If Jimmy was a FA, id offer something like 4 yrs/90M/40M guaranteed .. but have to trade a possible 1st or a 2nd plus more ... then have to give him a big contract? No thank you.

Jimmy is definitely better then the Trubisky/Winston tier but not worth trading resources and cap space.

My preference ... (1) trade for Russell Wilson or (2) draft a Qb at 11 this year, draft a QB with first pick next year and keep doing this until one of them checks the franchise QB box.

Trading for Jimmy or signing Wentz or Trubisky is just guaranteeing a below .500 season and another year or 2 of not properly addressing the Qb situation.

Give me Wilson or give me Heinike (and we draft a QB round 1 every year).
SunnySide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2022, 04:48 PM   #64
BaltimoreSkins
Playmaker
 
BaltimoreSkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Parkton, MD
Posts: 4,008
Re: 2022 veteran QB options

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnySide View Post
Agreed.

If Jimmy was a FA, id offer something like 4 yrs/90M/40M guaranteed .. but have to trade a possible 1st or a 2nd plus more ... then have to give him a big contract? No thank you.

Jimmy is definitely better then the Trubisky/Winston tier but not worth trading resources and cap space.

My preference ... (1) trade for Russell Wilson or (2) draft a Qb at 11 this year, draft a QB with first pick next year and keep doing this until one of them checks the franchise QB box.

Trading for Jimmy or signing Wentz or Trubisky is just guaranteeing a below .500 season and another year or 2 of not properly addressing the Qb situation.

Give me Wilson or give me Heinike (and we draft a QB round 1 every year).
Dude I totally want you as my wingman at the bar. Might as well say give me Kate Upton or give me Rachel Dratch
__________________
Washington Commanders, The Pee Pole's Team!
BaltimoreSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2022, 09:12 PM   #65
rocnrik
The Starter
 
rocnrik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 1,676
Re: 2022 veteran QB options

Willis is gonna be a star .. take him at 11 problem solved !
rocnrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2022, 10:52 PM   #66
diehardskin2982
Another Year, another mess.
 
diehardskin2982's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 3,581
Re: 2022 veteran QB options

I am conflicted in the direction that I want the team to go. On one hand, I want us to go all-in for Wilson. But, on the other hand, I think sacrificing what it would take to get him, I question whether it is worth it?

For me, I think we need to continue to put together the best team. The cost in draft picks and salary for Russell is too much. I know could get crushed for that.

I would sign Mariota plus draft Willis. If you pick Malik Willis, the bridge qb should be a similar type of player, that way when Willis takes over the offense, it's not too much of a change for the other players on the field. Using the money saved from going this route at qb, I would sign Allen Robinson or Mike Williams, and a quality guard.
__________________
That got ugly fast
diehardskin2982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2022, 11:28 PM   #67
sdskinsfan2001
Hakuna Matata
 
sdskinsfan2001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Mount Pleasant, South Carolina
Age: 39
Posts: 14,143
Re: 2022 veteran QB options

Quote:
Originally Posted by diehardskin2982 View Post
I am conflicted in the direction that I want the team to go. On one hand, I want us to go all-in for Wilson. But, on the other hand, I think sacrificing what it would take to get him, I question whether it is worth it?

For me, I think we need to continue to put together the best team. The cost in draft picks and salary for Russell is too much. I know could get crushed for that.

I would sign Mariota plus draft Willis. If you pick Malik Willis, the bridge qb should be a similar type of player, that way when Willis takes over the offense, it's not too much of a change for the other players on the field. Using the money saved from going this route at qb, I would sign Allen Robinson or Mike Williams, and a quality guard.
Definitely not an easy choice. If the cost was about the expected cost, I would go for Wilson. But I could see the arguments against it too. Especially since we have bad luck on big moves. I know past luck shouldn't make you not make future moves, but it's still hard to overcome.

I just hope we do something legit at the QB position. My preference is sign a vet, and draft the best QB available at No. 11.
__________________
https://linktr.ee/summo13

Acts 16:31: Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2022, 02:27 AM   #68
REDSKINS4ever
Playmaker
 
REDSKINS4ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Washington, D.C.
Posts: 3,706
Re: 2022 veteran QB options

I think we should draft Pickett or Corall....both are potentially better than Taylor Heinicke. All the front office needs to do is put talent around a rookie qb.....I'm all for keeping all of our picks. Forget Wilson and Watson. The only guy I would trade for is Justin Love.....offering GB a 2nd.
__________________
Touchdown Washington Redskins!!!
REDSKINS4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2022, 08:23 AM   #69
mredskins
MVP
 
mredskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 11,333
Re: 2022 veteran QB options

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDSKINS4ever View Post
I think we should draft Pickett or Corall....both are potentially better than Taylor Heinicke. All the front office needs to do is put talent around a rookie qb.....I'm all for keeping all of our picks. Forget Wilson and Watson. The only guy I would trade for is Justin Love.....offering GB a 2nd.
Shhhhhh.... man that is the best kept secret in the NFL! We could get JUSTIN with a super low pick but we all got keep JUSTIN on the DL or every other team is going jump on the JUSTIN band wagon.
__________________
When life gives you paper jams, turn them into paper footballs!
mredskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2022, 08:36 AM   #70
EdmundDorf
The Starter
 
EdmundDorf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: UK, South
Posts: 1,013
Re: 2022 veteran QB options

For those curious about Carson Wentz, this seems like a very succinct summary of his situation


JP Finlay
@JPFinlayNBCS
·
2h
I keep circling back to this on Carson Wentz - Indy just gave up 2 firsts to get him, will have to eat money to release him and there’s no clear upgrade in sight for Colts. How many red flags is that?
EdmundDorf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2022, 09:36 AM   #71
rocnrik
The Starter
 
rocnrik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 1,676
Re: 2022 veteran QB options

That’s IT !!!! The Washington Redflags!! 😳😀😀😀
rocnrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2022, 12:20 PM   #72
KI Skins Fan
Pro Bowl
 
KI Skins Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Jacksonville, Forida
Posts: 5,750
Re: 2022 veteran QB options

Quote:
Originally Posted by diehardskin2982 View Post
I would sign Mariota plus draft Willis. If you pick Malik Willis, the bridge qb should be a similar type of player, that way when Willis takes over the offense, it's not too much of a change for the other players on the field. Using the money saved from going this route at qb, I would sign Allen Robinson or Mike Williams, and a quality guard.
You could have been reading my mind when you posted this. I think this is an excellent solution that fits what we want to do on offense now and in the future. Willis has time to develop with this scenario and we can upgrade our receiving corps and OL right away.
KI Skins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2022, 12:27 PM   #73
KI Skins Fan
Pro Bowl
 
KI Skins Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Jacksonville, Forida
Posts: 5,750
Re: 2022 veteran QB options

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdmundDorf View Post
For those curious about Carson Wentz, this seems like a very succinct summary of his situation


JP Finlay
@JPFinlayNBCS
·
2h
I keep circling back to this on Carson Wentz - Indy just gave up 2 firsts to get him, will have to eat money to release him and there’s no clear upgrade in sight for Colts. How many red flags is that?
Here's another red flag: Even Frank Reich couldn't help him to improve his game. Look, let's not toy with the idea of signing Wentz. Wentz is D.O.N.E. as an NFL QB. He is absolutely terrible and there is no magic wand that can revive his NFL career. Did anybody on this site even watch his miserable failures last season?
KI Skins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2022, 12:47 PM   #74
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame
 
skinsfaninok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Buffalo NY
Age: 35
Posts: 33,169
Re: 2022 veteran QB options

Yeah I don't want Wentz, if it's him or Winston I'd take Winston..

Wentz is always hurt
__________________
“Mediocre people don’t like high achievers, and high achievers don’t like mediocre people.”
― Nick Saban
skinsfaninok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2022, 01:18 PM   #75
jamf
Playmaker
 
jamf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: San Diego Ca
Posts: 4,469
Re: 2022 veteran QB options

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaltimoreSkins View Post
Dude I totally want you as my wingman at the bar. Might as well say give me Kate Upton or give me Rachel Dratch
Comment of the day!
jamf is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:32 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We have no official affiliation with the Washington Commanders or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.28832 seconds with 10 queries