Old 06-17-2007, 05:15 PM   #61
jsarno
Franchise Player

Re: Best Offseason

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
The Browns clinched "best offseason" when they signed Kenny Wright
LOL,
that was a waste of a signing. Notice I didn't mention him when I was name dropping as to why I thought they had the best offseason.

Advertisements
Old 06-19-2007, 01:33 PM   #62
skinsfan242
Special Teams

I think it is amazing when you say best offseason people keep turning to money spent and big names. If you have ever seen the Redskins (you obviously have) you know that doesn't work.

The Redskins attacked their weaknesses and got almost every player they wanted. Only a few, (Pettigout, Davis, Dockery), slipped through the cracks, but they all got way to much money.

I don't know about you but one thing you need to realize is the coaches know best. They see these players everyday, last year they said we only rushed three players because the secondary was so banged up. Our LB's were all hurt. Are biggest playmaker missed on offsense missed 10 games. Our QB stunk.

So if you talk about improvement and attacking areas of weakness, I don't see a team who did a better job. Patriots signed 5 WR's, didn't we try that last year? Cleveland got two first rounders, so what. San Fran paid out the a*s for a couple of players? I've seen that before.

Let's look at this; Colts win the SB, did they sign anybody that offseason? Patriots have never signed anyone big in the offseason before so who knows.

In 2004 the Skins didn't sign anyone big, they went to the playoffs the following year, then they sign everyone, they go 5-11. See a trend.

So let's not play the headline game because we know it doesn't work. If you want to look at headlines, we didn't have the best offseason, but i think we improved our team the most overall this offseason.
skinsfan242 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 03:32 PM   #63
TheMalcolmConnection
I like big (_|_)s.

Those are actually very good and valid points.

I can only say though that while the offseason doesn't always predict future success, you can at least argue what you "think". This is why we discuss.
Old 06-19-2007, 07:44 PM   #64
jsarno
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan242 View Post
I think it is amazing when you say best offseason people keep turning to money spent and big names. If you have ever seen the Redskins (you obviously have) you know that doesn't work.

The Redskins attacked their weaknesses and got almost every player they wanted. Only a few, (Pettigout, Davis, Dockery), slipped through the cracks, but they all got way to much money.

I don't know about you but one thing you need to realize is the coaches know best. They see these players everyday, last year they said we only rushed three players because the secondary was so banged up. Our LB's were all hurt. Are biggest playmaker missed on offsense missed 10 games. Our QB stunk.

So if you talk about improvement and attacking areas of weakness, I don't see a team who did a better job. Patriots signed 5 WR's, didn't we try that last year? Cleveland got two first rounders, so what. San Fran paid out the a*s for a couple of players? I've seen that before.

Let's look at this; Colts win the SB, did they sign anybody that offseason? Patriots have never signed anyone big in the offseason before so who knows.

In 2004 the Skins didn't sign anyone big, they went to the playoffs the following year, then they sign everyone, they go 5-11. See a trend.

So let's not play the headline game because we know it doesn't work. If you want to look at headlines, we didn't have the best offseason, but i think we improved our team the most overall this offseason.
You make very good points, but every team can't draft superstars and sometimes need free agents. But in general I agree with your comments.
Old 06-20-2007, 01:51 AM   #65
EARTHQUAKE2689
You did WHAT?!?

the off-season is so overrated wait till december to see who had the best off-season

Shameless self-promotion. It is what it is.
EARTHQUAKE2689 is offline   Reply With Quote