Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Sean Taylor Article.

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 02-28-2004, 06:29 PM   #1
Daseal
Puppy Kicker

Sean Taylor Article.

Nice read for those of you that don't know much about Taylor.

For some reason these guys think the Redskins are going to draft Offense on draft day and skip Taylor, I can't see us drafting Offense.

They also mention Taylor was an awesome HS running back, which explains why he always does so good on his INT returns. Here's the link:
Sean Taylor
Daseal is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 02-28-2004, 06:36 PM   #2
Cush
Impact Rookie

I have an uneasy feeling that Oakland or NYG will snatch him.
Cush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2004, 06:44 PM   #3
Daseal
Puppy Kicker

That could happen, wouldn't suprise me. However I think that Oakland is the real wild card in this draft:
Chargers Eli Manning.
Oakland: they can go with Big Ben, Fitz or Gallery here. I cant see them going after anyone else (MAYBE Taylor)
Cards: hard to say here too. Green seems to like McCown so Sean could go here, they have Boldin, but might want to give him help, or pickup Gallery.
Giants: Gallery or Andrews. Can't see them going anywhere but O Line.
Skins: Taylor or Trade down. If taylor's there, grab em!
Old 02-29-2004, 12:24 AM   #4
Shane
Special Teams

Oakland needs a wide receiver - I really doubt they would pass on Fitzgerald or M. Williams. Jerry Porter is a number two kind of receiver. Norv absolutely needs a number one at WR.

I hope we draft Sean Taylor - we do need him, even with the signing of a free agent cornerback. Reading about Taylor, I am very impressed. This is the kind of person who has an all pro mind and desire to excel to go with his remarkable talent. He is a Redskin kind of player!
Shane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2004, 02:30 AM   #5
JWsleep
Propane and propane accessories

Question

We certainly could use him! Let's hope the conventional wisdom holds (safties aren't top-shelf picks) and he's there if we want him.

I am torn about this issue. We could trade down, and get a lineman or two, or just go for Taylor and maybe get a game-changing future HOF safety. It's been so long since we've really had quality there that it's real tempting.

Who was the best skins safety?
Old 02-29-2004, 03:08 AM   #6
offiss

Oakland need's to much especially on the offensive side to take taylor, davis's track record is throw the ball deep so they have 2 choices QB or WR and there is tremendous talent at both, Green has been going so far out of his way to let everyone know he loves MCown that I believe it's a smoke screen, and he want's 1 of the QB's, arizona really need's an identity and a franchise QB will do that, or a franchise WR to complimant bolden, they also have dexter jackson doing a great job for them in the secondary, as well as green is an offensive guy. Giant's? they have shawn williams and serious need's on the O-line, gallery is thier man, san diego? pencil in manning, to sum it up, the only 2 team's that would draft taylor would be stupid to do so considering thier need's at this point, when you consider the Impact type players in the top 10, most teams can draft need and still get a great player, this will be 1 of the most exiting draft's in a long time, and I believe we will walk away with taylor, I think danny's thinking will be to top dallas in the saftey dept.
offiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2004, 09:27 AM   #7
Daseal
Puppy Kicker

Well, apparently Gallery did exceptional at the combine.

I think Taylor is a no brainer. The linemen coming out are good, but not exceptional. If he falls into our lap I couldn't see us passing.
Old 03-01-2004, 06:24 AM   #8
joecrisp
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWsleep
We certainly could use him! Let's hope the conventional wisdom holds (safties aren't top-shelf picks) and he's there if we want him.

I am torn about this issue. We could trade down, and get a lineman or two, or just go for Taylor and maybe get a game-changing future HOF safety. It's been so long since we've really had quality there that it's real tempting.

Who was the best skins safety?
Probably Ken Houston was the last great one. He was enshrined in the HOF in 1986, here's his write-up:
Traded to Redskins for five players, 1973...NFL's premier strong saftey of the 1970's...Excellent speed, quickness, size and a punishing tackler...Intercepted 49 passes for 898yds, then record nine TDs...Also scored on a blocked FG, fumble, punt return...Named to two AFL all star games, 10 Pro Bowls
Of course, the guys we remember from Gibbs' days are Brad Edwards and Alvin Walton. I wouldn't qualify either of those guys as "great", but they could damn sure put a lick on people, and had a nose for the ball. Another guy from back in the day is Mark Murphy, he was another guy who really brought the lumber.
joecrisp is offline   Reply With Quote