Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Rex Grossman Named Starting QB

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 09-05-2011, 03:19 PM   #46
SolidSnake84
Playmaker

Re: Rex Grossman Named Starting QB

I think Rex will be fine as the starter. I don't think it was a coincidence last year that he came in and played so much better than McNabb. I think we are dealing with a guy here who really knows the offense, who really knows his own limitations a whole lot better, and is willing to work hard to keep his job as starter. We really haven't had that before at QB. Brunell was coming off a playoff season and was benched because the team needed a scapegoat. Campbell fared no better. Collins played great, we were a playoff team, but the man-crush on Campbell came back and it was the same old JC again. McNabb could have been good but he was too far gone physically and he didn't want to put in the time or work to pick up the offense.

I am excited about Rex getting another chance as starter. I don't think this is his last chance. I think if he shows he can put up starter numbers, and manage the game, then someone signs him even if the skins do not.

Advertisements
Old 09-05-2011, 03:21 PM   #47
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

I thought it would be Beck, but not based on anything he did better than Grossman. I only watched one quarter of one preseason game so all I have to go from is what I read. Looking at the schedule, it is not like we are playing any 'world-beater' defenses so the mobility thing is probably not going to be much of a factor. Flip a coin...that is probably what they did. It was tails - the same thing Grossman will be sitting on if he makes too many stupid mistakes.
Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 03:32 PM   #48
REDSKINZ-RIDEORDIE
Special Teams

Glad this "battle" is over. Cant imagine how garbage we look across the league. QB battle between Steve Urkel & Screetch. I'll be so happy when we get our REAL QB next year......
REDSKINZ-RIDEORDIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 03:36 PM   #49
IrMitchell
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreekSkin View Post
Was it really? And how do you prove that exactly? lol
It was, Grossman did absolutely no harm since day one of signing here. Beck was a struggling nobody with more of a shot at looking for a new career rather than being a 2nd string QB.

I didn't see it with beck in the his start against Indy and commented on it, and I couldn't believe that people were actually buying the "Beck will be a top 15 QB and nobody knows exactly what he's like" blah blah blah, he's junk.
Old 09-05-2011, 03:37 PM   #50
Skinsfan6776
Camp Scrub

I figured as much... BIG Mistake !!!! I don't know why the Skins will not let a quarterback develop. AKA Colt Brennan. Washington has always had this crazy mentality of buying an old qb to win. You need to develop a new guy and work around him for 2-3 years and then let him be your main qb. They should let Beck play this whole season and learn the system properly instead of this crazy 2 qb rotation crap!!!!
Skinsfan6776 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 03:42 PM   #51
12thMan
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinsfan6776 View Post
I figured as much... BIG Mistake !!!! I don't know why the Skins will not let a quarterback develop. AKA Colt Brennan. Washington has always had this crazy mentality of buying an old qb to win. You need to develop a new guy and work around him for 2-3 years and then let him be your main qb. They should let Beck play this whole season and learn the system properly instead of this crazy 2 qb rotation crap!!!!
Would you mind tossing out a few names you would like to the Skins develop? Kellen Clemmons? Jason Campbell? Colt Brennan had his shot, he just wasn't good enough.
12thMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 03:43 PM   #52
That Guy
Living Legend

beck didn't look great all that great this preseason vs tough competition. This is the right move, grossman is still 20-14, despite his hiccups. I figured this would be the case, but still think QB is our weakest position (though OL #1 CB and #2 ILB are all close).
That Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 03:47 PM   #53
53Fan
Franchise Player

Nice new look to the Warpath BTW.
Old 09-05-2011, 03:48 PM   #54
That Guy
Living Legend

by the way, can we please stop talking about "developing" beck like he's some 22 year old rookie? he's 30, and in 2 years after he'd had time to sorta figure things out, he'd be 32. grossman is the same age and has a lot more experience, and if i'm throwing away two years to watch a QB develop, it better be andrew luck or someone that hasn't already blown two shots as is about to be on the wrong side of 30. It's not like he came in and threw 14 TDs as the peerless paragon of perfected passing :P
That Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 03:52 PM   #55
skinsfan57
Camp Scrub

I agree beck is not the guy to start the season. he made too many dumbass mistakes vs. tampa bay.
skinsfan57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 03:53 PM   #56
NYCskinfan82
Playmaker

I won't beleive it until Sunday, wanted Beck but IF Grossman is the answer then I WILL CHEER for him, I'm not going to bad mouth Beck or Grossman and end up eating CROW later like some SKIN fans will.
NYCskinfan82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 03:57 PM   #57
wilsowilso

Quote:
Originally Posted by 53Fan View Post
Nice new look to the Warpath BTW.

Yeah the new look is really cool.
wilsowilso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 03:58 PM   #58
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrMitchell View Post
It was, Grossman did absolutely no harm since day one of signing here. Beck was a struggling nobody with more of a shot at looking for a new career rather than being a 2nd string QB.

I didn't see it with beck in the his start against Indy and commented on it, and I couldn't believe that people were actually buying the "Beck will be a top 15 QB and nobody knows exactly what he's like" blah blah blah, he's junk.
Ah, so you knew from the time that Grossman stepped on the field last year that nothing Beck ever did would make him start over Grossman. Gotcha. So you're just a Beck hatter, and that's your reasoning for being right. Cool.

For the record, I'm not in either qb's camp. I'm in the "whoever gets us the best shot to win" camp.
Old 09-05-2011, 03:58 PM   #59
53Fan
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCskinfan82 View Post
I won't beleive it until Sunday, wanted Beck but IF Grossman is the answer then I WILL CHEER for him, I'm not going to bad mouth Beck or Grossman and end up eating CROW later like some SKIN fans will.
Smart.
Old 09-05-2011, 04:08 PM   #60
REDSKINZ-RIDEORDIE
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinsfan6776 View Post

Because neither of these garbage ass QBs are here to be the QB of our future. They are here for this year, and will be back ups here next year if they are on the team. We drafting our next REAL QB with our 1st pick next year. So it doesnt matter if we give Beck the chance to develop.

And for the love of GOD, never bring up Colt Brennan to make a point again. That dude was GARBAGE then and he's GARBAGE now. That dudes not even a 3rd stringer on anyone's team, he's bagging groceries somewhere. The ONLY thing that was good about him was his name.....get over it...

If there's anyone we shouldve took the time to develop, it was Chase Daniel. The dude who actually SH-TTED on Colt during their preseason battle. I wanna say he is the #2 QB behind Brees in New Orleans.
REDSKINZ-RIDEORDIE is offline   Reply With Quote