Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Giant's fans predicting victory: funny stuff here!

Locker Room Main Forum

Closed Thread

Old 09-07-2011, 11:37 AM   #31
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Re: Giant's fans predicting victory: funny stuff here!

I don't think he's being an asshole, it's just an ironic thread, as Lotus pointed out.

Advertisements
Old 09-07-2011, 12:30 PM   #32
Alvin Walton
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeydad View Post
Are you new here? I'd say 3/4 of the board are pessimists who pick us to lose.
Yes.
I'm still wet behind the ears.
I still haven't found the mens room.
I post unfunny pictures in the funny pictures thread.
I like batters and matters and Redskin hatters.
Old 09-07-2011, 12:51 PM   #33
irish
Playmaker

No funnier than people predicting double 10+ wins for the Skins.
Old 09-07-2011, 01:10 PM   #34
SirClintonPortis
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by irish View Post
No funnier than people predicting double 10+ wins for the Skins.
Take a look at our schedule and how loaded we are. We are DEEP at RB. We are DEEP at WR. Our OL is improved. Our QB is improved. Our DL is improved. Our LB is improved.

We are easily capable of having 10 wins.

We face:
Arizona
Carolina
Buffalo
San Francisco
Miami
Seattle
Minnesota

Win all of these games, split the season series against our division rivals and truck Fat Albert, and we have 11 in the bag.

Virtuosity remembered, douchebaggery forgotten.

The ideal character profile shoved down modern Western men and women's throats is Don Juan.
Old 09-07-2011, 01:19 PM   #35
BringBackJoeT
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
Until we beat them consistently, I think that they have to feel that way. Redskins.com is kinda making it a point of focus by tweeting and keeping in the media the fact that we haven't beat the NYG in an opening game since 1976. I think this is the year we break that streak, but lets not pretend that they haven't had our number for a while - moreso than Dallas, or Philly by far.

geez, looking at the history, since 2001 we are 5-15 against the Giants, including 0-6 since Sep 4, 2008. We seriously need to change that ratio!
We've been similarly dominated by the Eagles and Cowboys during the same time period. We've been the doormats since the Cardinals left the division. Those were the days . . .
Old 09-07-2011, 02:11 PM   #36
polywog
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsguy View Post
Eh...I just look at it as Poly trying to have a pep rally and getting the 'skins fans excited. No different from hearing Giants fans at work talking trash. If we had the same exact team as a year ago, then yeah, I'd be a bit more pessimistic. But, this is a completely different Redskins team. As far as I'm concerned there is no last year. This is year one.
Hey, careful Skinsguy....lets not start having fun or anything like that!
Old 09-07-2011, 02:22 PM   #37
CrustyRedskin
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by BringBackJoeT View Post
We've been similarly dominated by the Eagles and Cowboys during the same time period. We've been the doormats since the Cardinals left the division. Those were the days . . .
Yeppers and that crap changes Sunday!!!!!!! Im telling ya were fixing to put the shocker right on the G's !!!

HTTR. You wern't a bunch of losers on 10-27-14.
Old 09-07-2011, 02:30 PM   #38
irish
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirClintonPortis View Post
Take a look at our schedule and how loaded we are. We are DEEP at RB. We are DEEP at WR. Our OL is improved. Our QB is improved. Our DL is improved. Our LB is improved.

We are easily capable of having 10 wins.

We face:
Arizona
Carolina
Buffalo
San Francisco
Miami
Seattle
Minnesota

Win all of these games, split the season series against our division rivals and truck Fat Albert, and we have 11 in the bag.
Loaded is not a word I'd use for the Redskins.
Old 09-07-2011, 02:30 PM   #39
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

I feel like this thread is having the opposite effect it should be having on me. My hyped-ness is going the wrong way. It's like a battle where one side is being just way overly positive and the other side is determined to bring it down with reality and negativity.

I've got it! From now on I'm just gonna avoid this thread. Unless of course, hijack?
Old 09-07-2011, 02:30 PM   #40
Jontrem
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrustyRedskin View Post
Yeppers and that crap changes Sunday!!!!!!! Im telling ya were fixing to put the shocker right on the G's !!!
I wouldn't even see it as a shocker if they won this game now. The giants are all banged up (not an excuse for them) and we are a better team this year, especially on defense.

Crusty you safe from the fires down in Texas?
Old 09-07-2011, 02:32 PM   #41
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BringBackJoeT View Post
I don't think its anywhere near the same. We split with the eagles last year and swept them 3 years ago. I think we have split with Dallas most years as well. 0-6 is amazingly bad, and it just hasn't made sense. This year I can see us splitting or sweeping both the giants and dallas, but that still to the point of this thread, it is crazy homeristic to think any nfc east fan base is going to fear or respect us until we earn it.
Old 09-07-2011, 02:45 PM   #42
polywog
Special Teams

Quote:
I don't think its anywhere near the same. We split with the eagles last year and swept them 3 years ago. I think we have split with Dallas most years as well. 0-6 is amazingly bad, and it just hasn't made sense. This year I can see us splitting or sweeping both the giants and dallas, but that still to the point of this thread, it is crazy homeristic to think any nfc east fan base is going to fear or respect us until we earn it.
Duly noted, sir! What is being completely lost on YOU, is that this is not a serious thread! Relax and pour yourself a cold one, kick back and don't forget to goof off every once in a while!
Old 09-07-2011, 03:04 PM   #43
BringBackJoeT
Impact Rookie

Quote:
I definitely agree with the latter point, and I'm not looking to dwell on our divisional misery, but I stand by the comment about the general long-term domination we've suffered against all three, even if we've fared slightly better against the Eagles and Cowboys in the most recent years (although we're 2-10 overall in the last two years in the division). Since '01, we have a losing record against all three teams, and dating back to '97, the team has lost 20 of its last 28 games against the Cowboys (and four of the last five). While we did sweep the Eagles in '08, as I said, we've lost more than we've won against them in the last decade, and have lost three of the last four, with the last meeting being one of the most lopsided losses in the franchise's history. What I'm sure we can at least agree on is, simply put, the division games have served as salt in the wound of 15+ years of losing.
Old 09-07-2011, 03:10 PM   #44
CrustyRedskin
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jontrem View Post
I wouldn't even see it as a shocker if they won this game now. The giants are all banged up (not an excuse for them) and we are a better team this year, especially on defense.

Crusty you safe from the fires down in Texas?
Yeah im up north east a little from it but its pretty bad. A woman and her little girl got killed, pluss some other innocent folks. We need rain baaad!

HTTR. You wern't a bunch of losers on 10-27-14.
Old 09-07-2011, 04:38 PM   #45
Giantone
Gamebreaker

If any of you guys know me you know I try not to predict at all becuase there is just to much that can happen.As for homers hell there isn't a thing wrong with it and if you go on to someone else's board you should dam well expect it.
Of course I want my team to win but we also must remember ...this is the NFC East...the best divison in the league where anything can and almost always does happen,no mater what your record any team in the east can beat any other team in the east......"it's why they play the games".Yeah the Giants have taken a beating this preseason and not just pulls or sprains but all teams deal with it so will NY what I find funny is no one has said a word about the upcoming weather for the game ,wet and wetter.Rain is the great equalizer so enjoy the game and may noone get hurt.