Old 09-09-2019, 06:38 PM   #46
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Re: Guice injured again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
https://thefandc.radio.com/morgan-mo...rson-slap-face

Just some tmz bullshit the first week of the season
He should get the same treatment. Cut his fat overpaid ass. We gotta get rid of all the guys like this and go with the young hungry guys like McLaurin. Put Christian at RT and sign the best guy available to be backup. So tired of players running their fucking mouths.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 09-09-2019, 10:42 PM   #47
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDSKINS4ever View Post
Guice's injury is on Gruden's incompetent ass....if AP plays and Gruden uses them both then it minimises Guice's chances of injury....and it probably gives the running game more production....Gruden is a retard.
Guice shouldn't play at all if you're worried about minimizing chances for injury. You can't proceed with him like that. Either he's cleared to play or he's not.

I somewhat understand the rationale behind making AP inactive - to bolster special teams...especially if the game plan was not to pound the rock, and considering how poor ST was during the preseason - you want to give it all you can. I disagree with that rationale though, because even if you thought Guice was healthy enough to handle the 15-16 carries, what's your plan when you get the lead? Hopefully, run run run...and AP would have been nice to have then...
Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 01:49 AM   #48
Warthog
The Starter

Guice injured again

Guice is coming off a major injury. You EASE HIM BACK by playing him for SOME CARRIES, along with sharing the role with a still energetic and powerful AP. Guice should not have had to carry the whole running load himself on his very first damn NFL game after an ACL last year.

Guice’ s injury is mostly on Gruden!! Gruden was pissed because he wanted to get rid of AP and got overruled. So he pulled a high school move and grounded his 1,000 yd RB from last year.

Guice proved he wasn’t back 100% by getting 1.8 yds per carry. Yet, there was no way to fix things by bringing in AP.

Gruden sacrificed his veterans respect by grounding a well-liked, well-preforming star player, with the BS reason that he needed an extra guy on ST. It was far more important to ease Guice into his first real NFL game with help from AP, than bringing in a guy for punt returns.

This Redskins injury is caused by Gruden’s mismanagement , NOT just “bad luck”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Flyboy.

"Land of the Free and Home of the Brave"

Last edited by Warthog; 09-10-2019 at 03:16 AM.
Warthog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 08:19 AM   #49
htownskinfan
JUST LIVIN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warthog View Post
Guice is coming off a major injury. You EASE HIM BACK by playing him for SOME CARRIES, along with sharing the role with a still energetic and powerful AP. Guice should not have had to carry the whole running load himself on his very first damn NFL game after an ACL last year.

Guice’ s injury is mostly on Gruden!! Gruden was pissed because he wanted to get rid of AP and got overruled. So he pulled a high school move and grounded his 1,000 yd RB from last year.

Guice proved he wasn’t back 100% by getting 1.8 yds per carry. Yet, there was no way to fix things by bringing in AP.

Gruden sacrificed his veterans respect by grounding a well-liked, well-preforming star player, with the BS reason that he needed an extra guy on ST. It was far more important to ease Guice into his first real NFL game with help from AP, than bringing in a guy for punt returns.

This Redskins injury is caused by Gruden’s mismanagement , NOT just “bad luck
While some people were surprised and couldn’t understand why I would be shocked Guice was named starter this is exactly why!
Coming off the major knee injury,a few carries in preseason,and then BAM named starter over AP who looked great last year!?
I thought the plan would be for AP to start and ease Guice in there for 3 or 4 carries a game.While I was happy to see Guice would be playing more,I thought it was a terrible decision to have AP inactive,and rightfully so. Gruden is getting crucified by current players on team,ex players from team,and just about everyone else

Last edited by htownskinfan; 09-10-2019 at 08:52 AM.
htownskinfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 10:21 AM   #50
KI Skins Fan
Pro Bowl

Gruden's naming Guice the starter for Game 1 and then deactivating AP for the game was among the stupidest things Gruden has done as HC - and that's saying something! The way Gruden gave away HOF RB AP's starting role to someone who hadn't earned it was certain to piss off the veterans on the team.
KI Skins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 10:54 AM   #51
jamf
Pro Bowl

Brian Mitchell pretty much said the same thing as Warthog, he blamed Gruden for the injury saying Guice protecting the bad leg put too much stress on the good leg.

As is every year, this was the teams last preseason game, DG will get better. Gruden would be 0-6 on opening games if they played anyone other than the horrible cardinals last year.
jamf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 11:11 AM   #52
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamf View Post
Brian Mitchell pretty much said the same thing as Warthog, he blamed Gruden for the injury saying Guice protecting the bad leg put too much stress on the good leg.

As is every year, this was the teams last preseason game, DG will get better. Gruden would be 0-6 on opening games if they played anyone other than the horrible cardinals last year.
I love BMitch, but that's BS.

Guice had 10 carries, one less than he had in the third preseason game. He was cleared to play, played sparingly, and got injured. I'll never understand blaming the head coach for injuries. It's unfortunate, but all signs point to this guy being constructed with blown glass.
Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 11:12 AM   #53
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamf View Post

His record against winning teams has to be terrible
Old 09-10-2019, 11:40 AM   #54
Burgold
Special Teams

Maybe big Trent is right about this medical staff,or maybe Guice is just injury prone.
Burgold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 11:47 AM   #55
sandtrapjack
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by KI Skins Fan View Post
Gruden's naming Guice the starter for Game 1 and then deactivating AP for the game was among the stupidest things Gruden has done as HC - and that's saying something! The way Gruden gave away HOF RB AP's starting role to someone who hadn't earned it was certain to piss off the veterans on the team.
He is getting slayed for how he handled deactivating Peterson for week 1.

September 7th quote from Jay Gruden:
"So if we have a game where we think we can run the ball 55 times in a game in an I-formation, then sure, I'll get him up."

September 9th, after Guice injury quote from Jay Gruden:
"Who wouldn't want Adrian?"

I am going to toss one more log on the conspiracy fire. Gruden defended deactivating Peterson by stating he needed more LB depth for special teams. He was concerned about kicking to Sproles.

Since AP was not on the active roster for week 1, that can nullify any guarantee of this seasons salary. If, for some unforeseen reason they are thinking about letting AP go and release him, since he was not on the active roster week 1, they can release him anytime this season and not have to pay him for the whole season. Players that are on the active roster by the end of week 1, the entire season salary is guaranteed. If not on the active roster week 1, then there are no guarantees.
sandtrapjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 11:53 AM   #56
Kope
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief X_Phackter View Post

Guice had 10 carries, one less than he had in the third preseason game. He was cleared to play, played sparingly, and got injured. I'll never understand blaming the head coach for injuries. It's unfortunate, but all signs point to this guy being constructed with blown glass.
This.

You can what if everything. Guice or AP starting based on performance is one thing. Second guessing about injuries is pointless. People get hurt doing celebrations, in warm ups, head butting a stadium wall, or even crossing the street.

Alot of things fall on JG shoulders. This isnt one of them.
Kope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 12:05 PM   #57
jamf
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandtrapjack View Post

Since AP was not on the active roster for week 1, that can nullify any guarantee of this seasons salary. If, for some unforeseen reason they are thinking about letting AP go and release him, since he was not on the active roster week 1, they can release him anytime this season and not have to pay him for the whole season. Players that are on the active roster by the end of week 1, the entire season salary is guaranteed. If not on the active roster week 1, then there are no guarantees.

You're are trying to hard.
AP was on the week 1 roster and since he is a vested veteran, his 2019 salary is now guaranteed.

There are 53 men on the active roster, 48 dress for each game.
jamf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 02:34 PM   #58
Warthog
The Starter

Quote:

I know Guice only had 10 carries. But others, with much more football knowledge than me, have written that Guice just didn’t look to be at 100% for Philly and pushed it because it was his first NFL game and he was the starter.

All I’m saying is that if AP was there to take a few carries this might not have happened. Somehow we went from 60%/40% talk in TC/PS for the Guice/Peterson mix to 100% in the first game of his NFL career and after a major injury last year. WHY? Did Guice suddenly look so awesome in the preseason games that Gruden could just dump AP?

For a team with an excessive amount of injuries, two seasons in a row, perhaps a conservative approach to using players with injury history was the best path.

Did Jordan Reed really need to play in the preseason? The Eagles played NONE of their best players even a single play in the PS.

Could Guice have used a little help in his first game after an ACL last year?

You can make a case that every injury is just bad luck or an “act of God”. Perhaps. Or perhaps with a little extra care they may have had less of a Chance of happening.

Flyboy.

"Land of the Free and Home of the Brave"
Warthog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 02:56 PM   #59
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:

Isn't BMitch the same person that not long ago said that he thinks players are soft nowadays and don't play through injuries? I don't get it.

If Guice was cleared to play and played an entire half of the 3rd preseason game without any issues, then why are people blaming the coach for Guice's injury?

Gruden's stupidity comes from the way he called the game and abandoning the run. Portis and Cooley had a good take on this on Cooley's podcast, how both AP and Guice are down hill runners and Jay is not using them this way.
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 03:00 PM   #60
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Did Jordan Reed really need to play in the preseason? The Eagles played NONE of their best players even a single play in the PS.
Yes, Reed missed all of the preseason last year, and under produced throughout the season when he was healthy. Reed got hit helmet-to-helmet and got a concussion, that's not anyone's fault but the guy that hit him (who should have been ejected from that game)

Quote:
Could Guice have used a little help in his first game after an ACL last year?
Perhaps, but he was cleared and played almost as many snaps as he did during the preseason.
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote