Closed Thread

Old 04-25-2019, 11:12 PM   #31
httr198020
Special Teams

Re: Dwayne Haskins

Quote:
Originally Posted by simbosargos75 View Post
Huge fan.

Happiest I've been with a FRP since Kerrigan.

It's possible I'm a Big 10 homer though.

Just happy I'm not a Giants fan. Ridiculous pick they made at 6.
I don't understand what the fans here want. We get a really good young qb and they made about it.

Advertisements
Old 04-25-2019, 11:18 PM   #32
simbosargos75
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by httr198020 View Post
I don't understand what the fans here want. We get a really good young qb and they made about it.

I'm not sure what you mean.

I love the pick personally. And I love the Sweat pick. Both rife with risk, but go big or go home.

--On Wisconsin
Old 04-25-2019, 11:46 PM   #33
KI Skins Fan
Pro Bowl

I'm satisfied with this pick. He has a lot of potential, IMO, and we didn't do anything crazy to get him.
Old 04-25-2019, 11:52 PM   #34
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinzWin View Post
Here is a very in-depth article about Haskins. Looks like there is reason for concern.

https://touchdownwire.usatoday.com/2...yne-haskins/2/
Every single QB drafted has some bad plays. Haskins is no different from Jones, Murray or Lock. They all have negative plays.
Old 04-25-2019, 11:53 PM   #35
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

I'm just going to say this. Name me ONE Urban Myer QB during his history of coaching that went on to become anything worth a shit in the NFL?

Mark my words. Haskins will be a bust. Spread offense QBs don't translate very well to the NFL. Give me a pro-style behind the center QB any day of the week. He could succeed if they sat him for 2-3 years while he learned, but no way is that going to happen with these dipshits at the helm.

Just my .02
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
Old 04-26-2019, 12:00 AM   #36
Pervis_Griffith
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
I'm just going to say this. Name me ONE Urban Myer QB during his history of coaching that went on to become anything worth a shit in the NFL?

Uhhh ... Alex Smith?
Old 04-26-2019, 12:02 AM   #37
httr198020
Special Teams

Quote:

Mark my words. Haskins will be a bust. Spread offense QBs don't translate very well to the NFL. Give me a pro-style behind the center QB any day of the week. He could succeed if they sat him for 2-3 years while he learned, but no way is that going to happen with these dipshits at the helm.

Just my .02
Stop crying like a bitch. He's a very good qb with all the tools. Sit back and lets see what happens. You calling the man a bust before he even gets to throw pass for this team.
Old 04-26-2019, 12:04 AM   #38
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:

Just my .02
Alex Smith is a starting NFL QB. I personally wouldn't want him as my QB but he has been a average NFL starter.

Also pretty much everyone is in shotgun coming out of college. There are really only a few offenses in college that don't run spread.
Old 04-26-2019, 12:05 AM   #39
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pervis_Griffith View Post
Uhhh ... Alex Smith?

A QB who's only manage to throw over 20 TDs in a season three times during his 13 year tenure. His max TDs thrown was 26.

Keep trying.
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
Old 04-26-2019, 12:08 AM   #40
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
Alex Smith is a starting NFL QB. I personally wouldn't want him as my QB but he has been a average NFL starter.

Also pretty much everyone is in shotgun coming out of college. There are really only a few offenses in college that don't run spread.
Is average NFL starter what we're aiming for?
Old 04-26-2019, 12:10 AM   #41
Pervis_Griffith
Special Teams

Quote:

A QB who's only manage to throw over 20 TDs in a season three times during his 13 year tenure. His max TDs thrown was 26.

Keep trying.

Ha ... you said this: "...that went on to become anything worth a shit in the NFL?"

Alex Smith is more successful than any QB the Skins have had in the past 25 years, Kirk Cousins included.

That may be a low bar, but it certainly qualifies as "anything worth a shit in the NFL".

You fail bro.

Nice try though.
Old 04-26-2019, 12:14 AM   #42
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Like I've said, I was pretty meh on the Haskins pick, but I'm fine to be in a wait and see mode for him. I guess I'm not the genius QB scout some people here seem to be.

I'm fine with it since we didn't trade up nor did we do a gaffe like the Giants.
R.I.P. #21
Old 04-26-2019, 12:14 AM   #43
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
Which is why you see a shit ton of the QBs being terrible as fuck. They need to be sitting the bench for 2-3 years to adjust.
Old 04-26-2019, 12:16 AM   #44
Ruhskins
Living Legend

If we are lucky, Haskins doesn't see the field this year. That's the only reason I didn't want a QB picked. Because it means we don't have a stud that can help right away...but we did end up with a stud EDGE that can help right away. And we have our QB of the future.
R.I.P. #21
Old 04-26-2019, 12:18 AM   #45
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
Like I've said, I was pretty meh on the Haskins pick, but I'm fine to be in a wait and see mode for him. I guess I'm not the genius QB scout some people here seem to be.

I'm fine with it since we didn't trade up nor did we do a gaffe like the Giants.
I'm fine with it in regards to us not expending other picks to get him, but I just don't like him as a QB on the NFL level. Hopefully he'll sit to learn and adjust to being under center.

We needed a QB and really there weren't any I fancied in this draft to begin with. Hell, I think the Cardinals made a bigger mistake with Murray.
Closed Thread