Smoot Lays the Smackdown (SEPT 28)

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 09-28-2009, 09:43 AM   #1
PennSkinsFan
Impact Rookie

Smoot Lays the Smackdown (SEPT 28)

Smoot Lays the Smackdown (SEPT 28) - DC Pro Sports Report

Quote:
We welcome SmootSmack to DC Pro Sports Report. He will be writing a new article for DC Pro Sports Report (DCPSR) on the Washington Redskins. You will see it here every Monday AM. Don't expcet a lot of fluff, a long article that goes over and over and over again on the same points, no, instead, SmootSmack just lays the smack down, right to the point.

SmotoSmack give his opinion and analysis of the Redskins game that week. Some of you may be familiar with the title. He is also a Moderator at DCPSR partner forum, theWarpath.net. We don't have forums here at DCPSR because theWarpath.net has us covered with the best damn Redskins talk, conversation, arguments, and all that, anywhere on the Internet, hands down!

Without further delay, here is SmootSmack's premier article. You can also discuss it like you do every week, right at the Warpath.net RIGHT HERE.

PennSkinsFan is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 09-28-2009, 09:45 AM   #2
mredskins
MVP

Re: Smoot Lays the Smackdown (SEPT 28)

Not to be disrespectful but I enjoyed SS's Smackdown with it's own thread, seems kind of lame to have to click on DCSR to enjoy it. Just my two cents.
Old 09-28-2009, 09:46 AM   #3
mredskins
MVP

For those that don't want to click here is the Smackdown:

The Offensive Coaching Staff
Really I'm just talking about Zorn, Sherman Smith, and Chris Meidt. Maybe it was a mistake to let Zorn hire his staff because he didn't make very wise decisions it seems. Individually, I think they are all skilled coaches but as a unit they are way too inexperienced.

A 2 Yard Completion to Santana Moss on a Critical 3rd and 5
Are you kidding me? I must confess I need to go back and watch the play because I wasn't paying full attention. But that's just embarrassing that any pass was even thrown that short in that scenario

3rd Down Conversions
Offense can't convert them, defense can't stop them...again

4th and 1 at the 1
Part of me says what is Zorn thinking running left again. Where's the variety, where's the innovation. The world knows you're going left. But then...the reality is we all know Stockton to Malone would pick and roll but you had to stop it. It shouldn't matter that Portis is running left he should have converted. So I guess the smack has to be laid down on the offensive line there. I thought Rinehart played ok today for his first start but maybe it's time to just put Montgomery or Edwin Williams in the starting line up as well. It's not like Rabach will be back next year

A Five Year Tradition
For the first time in the five and a half years I have been part of the latest iteration of TheWarpath.net I am picking the Redskins to lose next week. Can't bring myself to pick a victory. Not when I don't have full faith in any unit
Old 09-28-2009, 09:51 AM   #4
Slingin Sammy 33
Playmaker

Blasphemy! You never, ever, ever, ever pick the Skins to lose. If you feel they're gonna, just decline to make a statement.
"I would bet.....(if), an angel fairy came down and said, '[You can have anything] in the world you would like to own,' I wouldn't be surprised if you said a football club and particularly the Washington Redskins.'' — Jack Kent Cooke, 1996.
Slingin Sammy 33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 10:06 AM   #5
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

How does the 99yd drive following 4th and 1 not get smacked? It was the most incompetent, uninspiring, disheartening demonstration of every conceivable flaw that the Skins defense has. The tape review ought to start at the 3rd and 1st and goal call run through to the Lions TD, and repeat. for hours, hell days. forget studying the Bucs, cuz obviously prepping for Detroit didn't matter one bit. Just have them sit like grade students in the tape room, turn out the lights, no talking. and just replay it over and over, until they are puking out their guts(won't be that much to puke out).

99yds
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 10:25 AM   #6
Southpaw
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slingin Sammy 33 View Post
Blasphemy! You never, ever, ever, ever pick the Skins to lose. If you feel they're gonna, just decline to make a statement.
Says the guy who changed his Redskins avatar to an NFL avatar...
Southpaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 10:36 AM   #7
roth74va
Special Teams

Ruined a good thing, I really enjoyed the SMACKDOWN! Oh well!

6 win talent + 2 win coaching = 4-12 season.
roth74va is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 10:39 AM   #8
MTK
\m/

One click ruins the smackdown? C'mon folks it's worth one damn click.
Old 09-28-2009, 10:52 AM   #9
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

After trying to clear my head and fighting off the haters this morning at work, I think the biggest problems yesterday...Our 3rd down defense is freakin horrible and the offense staff is being outcoach. This has been an issue all season and nothing has been done to correct it. How come we are not making adjustments to correct these areas???????? To keep doing the samething and expect something different is insane. Im not saying Zorn should go yet, (Vinny should be the first) but he should stepdown if this continues.
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 10:53 AM   #10
53Fan
Franchise Player

The Lions had scoring drives of 99, 74, 86, and 85 yards. Looks like they smacked down our great (:yeahright) defense. I'd like to smackdown Blache's defensive schemes.
Old 09-28-2009, 10:56 AM   #11
Hog1
Quietly Dominating the East

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
Life is tough here in the WP
NOW I have to what?
Hog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 11:03 AM   #12
SC Skins Fan
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post
For those that don't want to click here is the Smackdown:

The Offensive Coaching Staff
Really I'm just talking about Zorn, Sherman Smith, and Chris Meidt. Maybe it was a mistake to let Zorn hire his staff because he didn't make very wise decisions it seems. Individually, I think they are all skilled coaches but as a unit they are way too inexperienced.

A 2 Yard Completion to Santana Moss on a Critical 3rd and 5
Are you kidding me? I must confess I need to go back and watch the play because I wasn't paying full attention. But that's just embarrassing that any pass was even thrown that short in that scenario

3rd Down Conversions
Offense can't convert them, defense can't stop them...again

4th and 1 at the 1
Part of me says what is Zorn thinking running left again. Where's the variety, where's the innovation. The world knows you're going left. But then...the reality is we all know Stockton to Malone would pick and roll but you had to stop it. It shouldn't matter that Portis is running left he should have converted. So I guess the smack has to be laid down on the offensive line there. I thought Rinehart played ok today for his first start but maybe it's time to just put Montgomery or Edwin Williams in the starting line up as well. It's not like Rabach will be back next year

A Five Year Tradition
For the first time in the five and a half years I have been part of the latest iteration of TheWarpath.net I am picking the Redskins to lose next week. Can't bring myself to pick a victory. Not when I don't have full faith in any unit
The only reason Rinehart did not completely soil the bed was because the Skins gave him help on almost every play during the second half (maybe every single play, I would have to re-watch and not sure I have it in me). He was getting handled during the first half before they made an adjustment to compensate for him. Of course that led to other issues, like at least on free rusher that I can think of on a play where Heyer doubled with Rinehart. He is a major problem but it is not like there are any solutions. I guess you could try to bring back Pete Kendall, but that would suggest the team has some prospects of winning now. You are right, just let the young guys struggle and maybe one or two will figure it out.
Old 09-28-2009, 11:04 AM   #13
mredskins
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post

It sucks because I like to reference it in the actual thread. Also and I have said this before all of DCSR articles end up at the bottom of the screen you have to scroll all the way down.

BTW Matty you had a FAIL on the DCSR Friday email:

This week's picks

GAME ONE:
Washington Redskinsat Detroit LionsPennSkinsFan: Redskins had a bad week. A real bad week. The media, the fans, the analysts, the forums, the blogs, all converged hard on the Redskins, Jim Zorn, and Dan Snyder. A loss this wekk woudl cause an explosion. But it won't happen. Skins will win. Redskins 17 - Lions 7

Spence: The Redskins offense isn't any good, but it facing one of the worst defenses in the NFL this week and a rookie QB like Matt Stafford won't get far with a stout Washington defense, even with a stud like Calvin Johnson at wide receiver. A couple of Lions turnovers will help the Redskins offense put more points up than it otherwise would. Redskins 20 - Lions 6

SmootSmack (Moderator, TheWarpath.net) Defense and Special Teams each get touchdowns. Offense continues to march up and down the field but still struggles for at least one more week in the red zone. Redskins 21 - Lions 14

Mattyk72 (Adminsitrator, TheWarpath.net) I know some out there are waiting for the wheels to completely come off the Skins, but I really don't see it happening. The Skins moved the ball with relative ease against the Rams but just got bogged down in the red zone. I think the offense will again rack up a big chunk of yards but they will manage to punch in at least 2 TD's. Skins extend the Lions losing streak. Redskins 17 - Rams 9

We already played the Rams, FAIL! =)
Old 09-28-2009, 11:06 AM   #14
MTK
\m/

Actually that's not my fail but thanks for going that extra click to find it.
Old 09-28-2009, 11:09 AM   #15
BDBohnzie
Playmaker

Brian Billick: For incorrectly calling #12 on the Redskins Kelly Malcolm all fricking day.

The defense completely let down in the First Half. They not only bent, but broke. Blache was able to make adjustments for the Second Half, but the damage was done. And the 85 yard TD drive in the middle of the 4th quarter was the nail in the coffin.

It wasn't just Moss...this team still hasn't figured out to get beyond the sticks on 3rd down to convert. Portis got 6 on 3rd and 7. Moss got 9 on 3rd and 10. Cooley got 12 on 3rd and 13.

The final play. 8 seconds left, one of the 3 who touched it could have gotten out of bounds with 1-2 seconds left for another shot downfield. Zorn got too fancy calling a hook and ladder when the Lions gave them a cushion to get 2 plays done in those 8 seconds.

“WE TOOK HIM IN THE SIXTH ROUND SO WE'RE NOT SMART EITHER.” - Shanny on what the Skins saw in Alfred Morris
BDBohnzie is offline   Reply With Quote