He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2019, 02:19 PM   #2
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Re: Buffalo Pre game thread

Well, you guys got your wish.

I'm gonna call it before it happens.

Haskins is going to fail to impress against the league's best defense, and the majority opinion around here is going to be calling Haskins a bust 9 games into his career.
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2019, 02:36 PM   #3
EARTHQUAKE2689
You did WHAT?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post

Haskins is going to fail to impress against the league's best defense, and the majority opinion around here is going to be calling Haskins a bust 9 games into his career.
Even if he fails to impress I won't call him a bust, only a crazy person would. I just want to see improvement as the game goes on. I know your stance and I understand it, my end is the best way to get better is to play and our other options are such utter garbage that it would worry me more if he couldn't get on the field

Shameless self-promotion. It is what it is.
EARTHQUAKE2689 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2019, 02:41 PM   #4
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:

come on man, lets hope for some progress, I'm excited to have a reason to watch.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2019, 02:50 PM   #5
Buffalo Bob
The Starter

Just need some progress, how about no more than 2 turnovers from Haskins, 200 yards passing, no more than 4 sacks and the Redskins score at least 14 points while not losing by more than 10. Is that too much to ask? First weather forecast that came up on Google said partly sunny, highs in the low 40's and 10-15 MPH winds. I suppose that isn't too bad.
Buffalo Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2019, 07:23 PM   #6
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
come on man, lets hope for some progress, I'm excited to have a reason to watch.
I hope they simplify the game for him and he's able to do a few things that give us reason to be excited.

Do I expect to win? No. But a win for me is Haskins making some plays so we don't have to have this debate about why he's so behind the curve for at least one week.
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2019, 05:54 PM   #7
Meks
Pro Bowl

Quote:

You mean a total of 2 games, generously of courselol
R.I.P #21SEAN TAYLOR
Meks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2019, 03:44 PM   #8
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:

For the record I originally was saying the Jets after the bye but looks like baptism by fire. If Keenum or Colt we’re healthy I would still say the Jets.
We can still watch him and determine if it is a good defense, a poor oline, a poor game plan, or if he is completely lost playing quarterback in the nfl. If he misses wide open wr’s ten yards away with no pressure whatsoever than i think bust is a fair word to toss around.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2019, 04:06 PM   #9
DYoungJelly
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
For the record I originally was saying the Jets after the bye but looks like baptism by fire. If Keenum or Colt we’re healthy I would still say the Jets.
We can still watch him and determine if it is a good defense, a poor oline, a poor game plan, or if he is completely lost playing quarterback in the nfl. If he misses wide open wr’s ten yards away with no pressure whatsoever than i think bust is a fair word to toss around.
When he came in for Keenum, I believe against the Vikings, Sheehan said he mixed two plays up in the huddle. He had some of the position groups running one play and other position groups running another play.

Yet to be seen if an evaluation of anyone else or any other positions would be valid.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Old 11-02-2019, 08:56 PM   #10
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Haskins for the win tomorrow. Book it Dan-O.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2019, 02:33 PM   #11
SunnySide
Playmaker

Nice.

I am fully prepared to keep reminding myself, "this is game 1, this is game 1, this is game 1 ...".

I do hope the young man has some plays where he can feel excited and its not all straight doom n gloom for 4 quarters.
------------------

Skins are -9.5 dogs.
O/U at 36.5
Game time weather in beautiful Buffalo .. 42 degrees, sunny, wind at 17 mph. Our boys havent experienced that yet. Those helmets are going to be cracking.

Id take the Skins plus points.

https://www.oddsshark.com/nfl/washin...3-2019-1109803
Old 11-01-2019, 02:52 PM   #12
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Trent Murphy and Lo Alexander are on the first ranked defense? lol. I watched the Bills game last week and the Eagles soundly beat them. Not impressed w/ Allen at all. However we won't be able to get 1st downs. I expect Haskins to have a long day and have about 3 turnovers. The d will be left out on the field too long and will wear down.

Bills 24
Skins 6
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2019, 03:03 PM   #13
SunnySide
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
Trent Murphy and Lo Alexander are on the first ranked defense? lol. I watched the Bills game last week and the Eagles soundly beat them. Not impressed w/ Allen at all. However we won't be able to get 1st downs. I expect Haskins to have a long day and have about 3 turnovers. The d will be left out on the field too long and will wear down.

Bills 24
Skins 6
Thank you for reminding me of Lorenzo. What a great story. I thought he would be out of the league years ago as basically a special teams ace but too old to carry as a depth LB. Well .. hes done what he needed to do to stick around the league, set for life with the pension, his kids and grandkids should be good. Well done Lorenzo.

Old 11-01-2019, 03:51 PM   #14
GridIron26
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post

Bills 24
Skins 6
Murphy and Alexander are other good examples of how our coaches do not know how to put players in right place to make plays..

For the first time ever, I'm choosing fantasy football over Redskins. I have Josh Allen (my primary QB is on bye) and Bills defense so I hope Bills will dominate Redskins this Sunday..
GridIron26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2019, 03:58 PM   #15
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by GridIron26 View Post
Murphy and Alexander are other good examples of how our coaches do not know how to put players in right place to make plays..

For the first time ever, I'm choosing fantasy football over Redskins. I have Josh Allen (my primary QB is on bye) and Bills defense so I hope Bills will dominate Redskins this Sunday..
I had to start Kirk f*cking Cousins last week on my team and that f*cker gave me only 11 points.
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote