Old 12-20-2022, 05:30 PM   #136
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Re: Offense Sucks/Turner Sucks/Refs Suck Post-Game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaltimoreSkins View Post
Interesting twitter feed:
https://twitter.com/surrender_idx90/with_replies

Ranks cowardly punts. Washington had two on Sunday.
The first:
WSH decided to punt to NYG from the NYG 34 on 4th & 12 with 8:33 remaining in the 1st while tied 0 to 0.

With a Surrender Index of 19.18, this punt ranks at the 98th percentile of cowardly punts of the 2022 season, and the 96th percentile of all punts since 1999.

and even worse

WSH decided to punt to NYG from the NYG 40 on 4th & 6 with 10:28 remaining in the 2nd while losing 3 to 7.

With a Surrender Index of 38.54, this punt ranks at the 99.4th percentile of cowardly punts of the 2022 season, and the 98th percentile of all punts since 1999.
What would you have done on 4th and 12 from the 34 w/ Heinicke, wind in your face and a o-line that was not holding up in pass pro? In that situation I'm punting 10 and of 10 times.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 12-20-2022, 05:37 PM   #137
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
What would you have done on 4th and 12 from the 34 w/ Heinicke, wind in your face and a o-line that was not holding up in pass pro? In that situation I'm punting 10 and of 10 times.

sdskinsfan2001 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2022, 05:49 PM   #138
AnonEmouse
The Starter

The punting discussion makes me curious. I remember coffin corner punts being used often in the past, to try to restrict the return potential. Why is it this isn't done any more? Most punts seem to be aimed centre field now, when attempted around midfield. 🤔
AnonEmouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2022, 05:56 PM   #139
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

Quote:
At the 34 I am making a FG attempt. Especially in the 1st quarter and 0-0.
Old 12-20-2022, 07:48 PM   #140
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

It was an interesting play simply because our gunners overran the punt returner and he didn't make the obvious fair catch signal and instead had a big return for minimal net gain. It was a perfect storm of failure for us - the most desirable outcomes would've been Tress punting it out of bounds inside the 10 or having a touchback for normal field position.

But the odds dictate - Obv Ron or whoever consulted Slye and Slye said kicking a 50+ yarder directly into the wind is a bad idea - somebody just didn't consider a failed 4th down conversion where you gain a few yards is basically the same as a punt. Either way the punt wasn't what killed us. But it was cowardly.
Old 12-20-2022, 10:02 PM   #141
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Despite the bs from the refs, if you're going to be a real playoff team you bury the Giants at home. We are not good enough to do that. It's the same old same old.. Heinicke, play calling, Turner, o-line..

Why do you run Samuel into the teeth of the defense and take BR out of the game? How stupid is that? Why does Ron let that happen? That is the dumbest shit ever. Take out BR who is running over the Giants and then give the ball to your 185lb WR to run up the middle. SMH...
That was the absolute dumbest thing I saw during the game last night. BRob gets through that arm tackle and probably gets 4-5 more yards on top of that.

It is that kind of shit that gets me fuming during the games...even my 14 year old understands that was a stupid call. I stepped away, and he was like "Dad you gotta see this"...
Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2022, 10:09 PM   #142
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdmundDorf View Post
I dont think we need to say more....

JP Finlay on Twitter
Brian Robinson got 4 carries in the second half of that game. Antonio Gibson had 1 second half carry.
That is sickening, honestly.
Old 12-20-2022, 10:21 PM   #143
Meks
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post

Absolutely
R.I.P #21SEAN TAYLOR
Meks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2022, 10:25 PM   #144
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief X_Phackter View Post
That is sickening, honestly.
Scott Turner is a moron. We're limited at QB and OL. But lots of teams have weaknesses there. There isn't enough elite guys to play all of those spots. Those should be way harder to fill than a OC.

Then again Rivera is in charge of both. So maybe he's the chief moron. I won't blame him for QB, most teams are looking for the guy. But I will blame him for the OL and Turner. But Turner is still a moron.
sdskinsfan2001 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2022, 10:37 PM   #145
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

Thing is the offense does plenty of things that work, and work well. But when things are working well, I feel like he tries to get too cute. Just stay with what is working!

It's like that stretch of runs in the 4th quarter where S Barkley got like 10 yards every time. Just keep running the same play until they stop it. That's what a smart OC will do. We don't have a smart OC. We have one that is desperately trying to make a name for himself, and is failing miserably in the process.
Old 12-20-2022, 10:49 PM   #146
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

Quote:
Thing is the offense does plenty of things that work, and work well. But when things are working well, I feel like he tries to get too cute. Just stay with what is working!

It's like that stretch of runs in the 4th quarter where S Barkley got like 10 yards every time. Just keep running the same play until they stop it. That's what a smart OC will do. We don't have a smart OC. We have one that is desperately trying to make a name for himself, and is failing miserably in the process.
100% accurate

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.

Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2022, 06:02 AM   #147
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:

Accurate. Watching Saquon run the same play 3 times in a row for 10-15 yards a play hurt.
Old 12-21-2022, 03:17 PM   #148
SunnySide
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
Accurate. Watching Saquon run the same play 3 times in a row for 10-15 yards a play hurt.
Were the Giants in a semi hurry up no huddle so we couldnt sub out?

I remember wondering why we didnt go to 5 DL. Flip side .. I think the Giants audibled early when we showed 5 DL and beat it pretty good w a pass play

I feel like we were hesitant to go 5 DL on SNF

------------

Bates .. wondering why, when Thib was beating Leno 1 on 1 we didnt move a TE to chip/help. I thought Bates was out but apparently he played 36 snaps on SNF.

Bostic played 41 snaps
Old 12-21-2022, 04:08 PM   #149
rocnrik
Playmaker

Running Samual five times for 1 yard is insane… BR is one of the top RB in league and he gets almost no touches in 2cnd half ??? That is just WRONG!
News FLASH to Turner … Taylor is at best a game manager stop trying to turn him into a top tier big arm QB .
rocnrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2022, 03:23 AM   #150
AnonEmouse
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnySide View Post
Bates .. wondering why, when Thib was beating Leno 1 on 1 we didnt move a TE to chip/help. I thought Bates was out but apparently he played 36 snaps on SNF.
Particularly on their D TD play. You're backed up and the guy has been getting in the backfield all night, so why the hell leave your LT 1 on 1 with no TE chip or blocking back? TH had virtually no protection on that play. 🙄
AnonEmouse is offline   Reply With Quote