Advertisements
Old 12-28-2020, 09:49 AM   #92
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Re: Panthers Postgame sadness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
And people talk about privilege...JFC pathetic

Never had a real job and had a car note in college? How’s that work?
When I was in school at OU, All of the star players had "Brand new cars" somehow.... Shit is funny
Old 12-28-2020, 09:50 AM   #93
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

Dan has plenty of personal distractions right now. I don’t think meddling is a high priority
BaltimoreSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2020, 09:52 AM   #94
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Taylor Heineken...they gave him basic calls and while Carolina may have been playing softer underneath...damn you would have never know because of the multiple aggressive throws down field. And most were well thrown! He put up big numbers in a short stint

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2020, 09:52 AM   #95
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
Philly will have their bags packed by halftime. With nothing to play for if we lose that game we really have zero business being in the playoffs.
I thought the same going into yesterday.. I won't believe it until I see it with this team..
Old 12-28-2020, 09:54 AM   #96
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
I thought the same going into yesterday.. I won't believe it until I see it with this team..
Assuming Smith and McLaurin are back and Gibson has no setbacks, we're going to be full strength. That's all we can ask for. And we now know that Heinicke can play in a pinch.
Old 12-28-2020, 09:55 AM   #97
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
Assuming Smith and McLaurin are back and Gibson has no setbacks, we're going to be full strength. That's all we can ask for. And we now know that Heinicke can play in a pinch.
Chase young said after the game "I love Taylor, he has some swag"

The dude looks 10 times better than DH yesterday and he is off the street!! That's how bad haskins is
Old 12-28-2020, 09:58 AM   #98
AnonEmouse
The Starter

I only saw snatches of the game last night as Sky had the Seahawks game on live and Redzone obviously had next to nothing of the WFT game to show! I only base this on what I saw and read, but I'd say if Smith isn't good to practice 1st team this week, then I'd give Heinicke the reps. He can't do worse than DH as starter and if all he does is game manage, with the ability to get the ball downfield as opportunity arises/needs must, then he probably gives us the better chance to win (leaning on the D again).

I'd leave Haskins behind in Philly next Sunday night...
AnonEmouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2020, 10:02 AM   #99
SunnySide
Playmaker

Defense - pitched another 2nd half shut out and gave up 2 tds.. but allowed 2 soul sucking drives, first was that 10 runs for 80 yards drive resulting in a TD and that brutal 8 min drive by Car to start the 2nd half that ended with a recovered strip sack.

Heinicke - you cant take a guy having success in essentially mop up duty and translate that to what he would do next week as a starter. That being said .. very Todd Collins-esq. He got the ball out on time, in rythme. We had intermediate to long balls being thrown on time from 3 and 5 step drops. Very decisive. Mostly accurate. Weaker arm like Colt, throws a slow ball and has to really force it to go farther than 15-20 yards.

He looked better than Alex Smith in terms of throwing guys open, pushing the ball down field. Alex is really good at taking what the D gives you but I do wonder if he skips a chance at a 25 yarder down field bc he has and takes a guaranteed 5 yard check off.

Haskins fumble/incomplete pass - I thought haskins lost control (empty hand) but then regained enough control at release with his arm going forward for it to be an incomplete pass. Seems like deference is usually given to incomplete pass there. One of several tough breaks.

Secondary - except for that 1 long ball, has played well above expectations this year. Credit the D line for impacting opponent play calling but still.

O Line - like the secondary, playing well above their weight.

Gibson - i dont think he re-aggravated anything and thats probably the biggest bonus, looked good out there. He brings more than McKissic.

FA additions -- really this is the biggest difference maker imo. Wes Schweitzer (3 yr deal), Cornelius Lucas (2 yr deal), Logan Thomas (2 yr), Ronald Darby (1 yr), Fuller (4 yr), KPL (1 yr)
SunnySide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2020, 10:02 AM   #100
rocnrik
Playmaker

If RR had benched Haskins at Half I truly believe we win that game ... Taylor looked like he knew the offense and I don’t care if the D was playing soft or whatever he made plays and even the drops were not on him ... we have major issues with WR’s .. they need to step it up .. with the way we can run the ball and Taylor’s ability to process the game we should have a chance to win at eagles ... with Haskins we have no chance at all .. Alex or Taylor gets it done !
rocnrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2020, 10:07 AM   #101
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

Heinicke performed admirably in a pinch, albeit against a softer D, but he also could have had a couple INTs if the Panther's defense could catch the ball. He did look better than Haskins in limited duty though, which is sad.
Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2020, 10:20 AM   #102
Back2RFK
Special Teams

Here is a good article on Heinicke. He played here for ODU and put up some big numbers. I think he started for them beginning in 2011 when ODU's was still pretty new into having a football team.

https://www.pilotonline.com/sports/c...nge-story.html
Back2RFK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2020, 10:20 AM   #103
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

The biggest elephant in the press room that I have not seen the press get after Ron about is the slow starts by this team. It is a running joke between my son and me that we have to get down 17 to scare the team awake (referencing scary Terry's jersey). It is pathetic to know that regardless of the quality of the opponent, we are going to spot them a double digit lead.

Has anyone heard the team's response to this? It is not all on the offense either.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2020, 10:32 AM   #104
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
And people talk about privilege...JFC pathetic

Never had a real job and had a car note in college? How’s that work?
You know how it works. The system is broken.
Old 12-28-2020, 10:35 AM   #105
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Cred making a great point...slow starts have been a big issue. Skins have been behind almost every game going into halftime.

Also Logan Thomas breaking out:

Logan Thomas has the third most targets among tight ends in 2020.
Thomas, who has run more pass routes than any tight end in the league, has 101 targets, 29 behind Darren Waller and 38 behind Travis Kelce.

Told y’all to draft him on fantasy team

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote