Campbell's numbers dont lie

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 09-28-2009, 07:59 PM   #46
tryfuhl
Gamebreaker

Re: Campbell's numbers dont lie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamiteRave View Post
In defense of JC, I gotta admit the best QBs tend to have big playmakers on their team.
Brees has Shockey (not really a big play guy) and Colston and that's about it. I like Campbell to an extent but he doesn't feel comfortable putting the ball up to the receiver to catch. Maybe that's his style, maybe that's Zorn in his ear, or maybe he's used to WR's getting 10 yards open in college and being able to hit them late in the play.. I really don't know.
tryfuhl is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 09-28-2009, 08:01 PM   #47
DynamiteRave
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by tryfuhl View Post
Brees has Shockey (not really a big play guy) and Colston and that's about it. I like Campbell to an extent but he doesn't feel comfortable putting the ball up to the receiver to catch. Maybe that's his style, maybe that's Zorn in his ear, or maybe he's used to WR's getting 10 yards open in college and being able to hit them late in the play.. I really don't know.
I get you. I'm on the fence with JC as well. I think Shockey used to be a big play guy though. I haven't seen him in action much anymore since going to the Saints. But Shockey was always a dude who could make something out of nothing. At least when he was with the Giants. But yeah, I'm a big fence sitter with JC, I wanna think the guy has it in him to pull out the big guns but I'm not so sure.

I've been a part of this message board for 17 years. Damn I'm old.
DynamiteRave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 08:03 PM   #48
tryfuhl
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamiteRave View Post
I get you. I'm on the fence with JC as well. I think Shockey used to be a big play guy though. I haven't seen him in action much anymore since going to the Saints. But Shockey was always a dude who could make something out of nothing. At least when he was with the Giants. But yeah, I'm a big fence sitter with JC, I wanna think the guy has it in him to pull out the big guns but I'm not so sure.
I think that if he had more of a dropback system and a little less scheme he'd be better off, I hear ya "bro"
tryfuhl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 08:05 PM   #49
Patfisher37
Camp Scrub

We have playmakers my friend. We probably have the best Tight End in the league, we have an explosive Wide Receiver who can still run, we have a decent slot receiver who can't return a punt for a yard but can still catch the ball and we have, decent running backs.

What more do you need, the guy just doesn't have what it takes to be a winner. How many years of mediocrity can we take from the QB position, I bet Collins can get in there and at least provide a more consistent performance.

Did you hear Cooley today. They have not consistency on Offense! That on the QB!

He's not bad, but this game is a game of momentum and mental toughness and if you can't give your team the confidence to make some tough throws and stretch the field, then nobody is going to believe in you.

This teams problems are from the shoulder pads up!
Old 09-28-2009, 08:08 PM   #50
Beemnseven
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmvskinzfan08 View Post
What are the stats on 4th quarter comebacks for most QBs. Ifyou said 4th quarter it might have been acceptable. But the comebacks kind of made yoru arguement less relevant. Only because only the great ones do that. Like Favre Manning and Brady. Only a hand full are probably successful. Even these Qbs had to take some lumps to get where they are. There is no learning curve in Skins Nation and most people are unrealistic or impatient in their expectations. Brady was in the same system fo ryeas before he started. Manning was horrible his first year and okay the second year as a starter. it took years for him to win a Superbowl. His system remained intact also. Favre. If Favre was here as a young player he would never have reached his potential. He would have been ran out of town.

So all I ask is be realistic and be patient. Mannings and Brady's dont come around that often. Both Flacco and Ryan are a product of a system that is QB friendly as far as their defenses and running games go. You can also say this for the coveted Sanchez. He is not putting up big numbers. he is maintaining the game and has a very good offense.
Barf.

Impatient? In this day and age, patience is for excuse-makers.

Look at our "core" guys -- Samuels, Portis, Moss, Cooley, Randle El, Rabach, Randy Thomas, Campbell, Betts, Sellers, Daniels, McIntosh, Rogers, Griffin, Carter -- these are all guys who have been here going back to the dreadful 2006 season. Some even before that. Year after year it's nothing but ordinary with these players. Ordinary play, ordinary results -- but in many cases, extraordinary salaries.

Four seasons is about as long as anyone should need to know what you have and what you don't have. With this ownership structure, we're at the ten year mark. Ten years with three winning seasons. Just how patient are Redskins fans supposed to be?
Beemnseven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 08:12 PM   #51
Patfisher37
Camp Scrub

They gave up on one another on that 4th and 1. you can just hear Redskins Nation cry, HEAR WE GO AGAIN, we all felt it, the players felt it.

They just lost their emotion when we couldn't score AGAIN, we can't get on measly yard!

Then to top it off!

99 YARDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was pinching myself, I thought I was having a NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET!

too bad I was AWAKE and in Disbelief!

Put in Collins, we need to know it it's JC or the Zornster!
Old 09-28-2009, 08:16 PM   #52
Beemnseven
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
Build a strong team from the inside out and you won't have to worry about finding the next superstar QB who has to win you games on his arm alone.
Do you think we've done that?
Beemnseven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 08:17 PM   #53
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaltimoreSkins View Post
I think that Jason Reid points out that Campbell almost has to play perfect to keep us in games. I agree. Our running game has been noticeably absent and our defense has struggled to keep teams off the field.
Yet here we are still banging away at this dead issue.

I don't get it.
Old 09-28-2009, 08:21 PM   #54
GTripp0012
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beemnseven View Post
Four seasons is about as long as anyone should need to know what you have and what you don't have. With this ownership structure, we're at the ten year mark. Ten years with three winning seasons. Just how patient are Redskins fans supposed to be?
So what's the solution? Get rid of all of them just to prove a point? Or try to separate the non-contributors from the ones who can help us win in the future?

I agree that keeping all hands on deck while trying to add different forms of talent is not leading to the place we want it to. But what should we change first?
Old 09-28-2009, 08:22 PM   #55
Skinny Tee
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
Build a strong team from the inside out and you won't have to worry about finding the next superstar QB who has to win you games on his arm alone.
Nice Matty...I agree with you here man.

It's good to hear people talk about building a foundation upon fundementals like these.
Old 09-28-2009, 08:27 PM   #56
JWsleep
Propane and propane accessories

We have no running game. Our D is not getting off the field. Our playcalling has been questionable, to put it nicely.

Solution: bench the QB.

:yeahright
Old 09-28-2009, 08:30 PM   #57
dgack
The Starter

I laugh at the people saying the stats lie because he doesn't have enough TD's and his attempts are high. Clearly you all aren't cognizant of the fact that the passer rating actually takes all those things into account, which is why it's used as a metric to compare QB's in the first place.

:P
"To bring a Sherm Lewis in to a Jim Zorn and whoever his offensive coordinator is, it's like bringing in another man to help teach you how to make better love to your wife or something." -- Tre Johnson
dgack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 08:34 PM   #58
jsarno
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green1 View Post
Every thread someone is calling for campbell to be benched but his numbers are great.
1. Rating: 92.5 Higher than Brady, Big Ben, C. Palmer, Cutler, and Rivers
2. 9th in passing yards: More that Rodgers, Ryan, Palmer, E. Manning, & Cutler
3. 5th in the Comp. Percent. 67.6%: Higher than everyone in the league except P. Manning, Brees, Big Ben, and Chad Penn.

So what else does he have to do to be considered a good QB. The Skins have a good QB, just bad playcalling, no running game, and no O-line. Get off campbell's back. He is doing more with less better than anyone in the NFL. Check the stats the STATS don't lie!
No, numbers don't lie, but in this case, they are amazingly misleading. He has a total of 3 tds in 3 games (playing a couple of the worst teams in the NFL) and has 2 ints coupled with a league leading 5 fumbles. He should have done A LOT BETTER. He still is not throwing the ball well deep, and he for some reason leaves the building with his tail between his legs when the Skins make it to the redzone.
If you think his numbers don't lie, then I can certainly sell you on bringing Brunell back, cause supposedly, his numbers didn't lie either.
Old 09-28-2009, 08:35 PM   #59
GTripp0012
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsarno View Post
If you think his numbers don't lie, then I can certainly sell you on bringing Brunell back, cause supposedly, his numbers didn't lie either.
Well, that's correct, but we don't need another rhetorical argument. That's not contributing to the discussion.
Old 09-28-2009, 08:39 PM   #60
Hog1
Quietly Dominating the East

Gibbs made a legend winning SB's without superstar QB power. We can as well but the coaching staff will have to learn what he did. Improvise, and adapt the scheme and attack to "who" you have. We need O-line and running game.... Oh yah, and someone who can get open
We will have to beef up JC supporting cast and he will become a solid, productive QB. He may never be a.........Montana?
Mark Rypien was F...n AMAZING when he got sacked like 7 times in 91'. Things changed....rapidly as "that number" changed post Gibbs.
Hog1 is offline   Reply With Quote