Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Who will be the next coach of the Redskins and does it even freakin matter?

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 10-17-2019, 04:10 PM   #136
SkinzWin
Playmaker

Re: Who will be the next coach of the Redskins and does it even freakin matter?

49ers coach Kyle Shanahan on the best part about coaching in Washington: “Working with my dad.”

Worst part: “Everything else.”

Dan is such a piece of crap. I hope that retired investment banker keeps paying the fire Bruce Allen banner every week.
Sean Taylor #21 a Redskin forever...

Team Heinicke Fan Club
punch it in - CEO
SkinzWin - President
FrenchSkin - VP of Global Operations
ODUsmitty - Director of Cheerleader Fulfillment
Meks - Director of Marketing
SkinzWin is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 10-17-2019, 04:50 PM   #137
GFOS
Camp Scrub

New here but I would like to see Callaghan given a chance to stay on as HC at the end of the season. Providing of course that the boys play hard for him the remainder of the season!
GFOS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2019, 04:57 PM   #138
Schneed10
A Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by GFOS View Post
New here but I would like to see Callaghan given a chance to stay on as HC at the end of the season. Providing of course that the boys play hard for him the remainder of the season!
Welcome! You'll like it here, hope you stick around.

Agree, Callahan deserves a shot. But if Dan wants to trade assets to land Tomlin and give him full football control, I will approve of that because it means getting Bruce away from football decisions. That alone has to be worth a first rounder to me.

Of course, he could just fire the guy, and that costs nothing... But here on planet Earth I like to think rationally.
Old 10-18-2019, 08:55 AM   #139
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

Interesting article by Ben Standig who surveyed players agents prior to the season.
https://theathletic.com/1293130/2019...rce=dailyemail

For those without a Athletic account this summarizes the main points just scroll past the useless fan poll drivel

https://www.hogshaven.com/2019/10/17...ingly-positive

Main take away I got was agents have a decent amount of respect dealing with the Skins FO even BA. The person they don't like dealing with is Dan.
BaltimoreSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2019, 10:46 AM   #140
irish
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10 View Post
Welcome! You'll like it here, hope you stick around.

Agree, Callahan deserves a shot. But if Dan wants to trade assets to land Tomlin and give him full football control, I will approve of that because it means getting Bruce away from football decisions. That alone has to be worth a first rounder to me.

Of course, he could just fire the guy, and that costs nothing... But here on planet Earth I like to think rationally.
I cant figure out what assets the Skins have that the Steelers would want. Its certainly not any players. The only thing it can be is draft picks which is the last thing the Skins should part with.
irish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2019, 10:59 AM   #141
FrenchSkin
Playmaker

Bill Callahan on Ereck Flowers "He’s come a long way in a short period of time. He could be one of the best guards in the league.”

FFS when are they going to learn to shut their mouthes ? All offseason "top 5 defense talent wise" "this defense is gonna win superbowlS", and now this ?! This culture of overpromising and under delivering is exhausting !
Flowers is having a surprisingly good season and had a solid game against the Dolphins, but one of the bests in the league? STFU !

2 plays from Sunday...

Last edited by FrenchSkin; 10-18-2019 at 02:02 PM.
FrenchSkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2019, 11:00 AM   #142
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

• I don’t have a lot of respect for the owner. Never have. Bruce Allen was an agent so many of us competed with him. I got along with him, but never really trusted him. Cut corners. He used to cheat to get players. He was a villain. As far as he knows I like him, but I don’t trust him. He thinks scandals aren’t’ scandals, but the cost of doing business. (Former front office leader) Vinny (Cerrato) was the same..

• Pros — Great talent at evaluation positions. Meaning (Director of college scouting) Kyle Smith, (Dir. of Pro Personnel) Alex Santos. Cons — the owner.

• Not a huge fan, but also think they have their hands tied behind their backs a ton because of who’s running the show.

• Redskins are dysfunctional. One guy will call on one player and then you talk with another guy in personnel and he has no idea of what’s going on. They fall in and out of love with players. A guy can go from penthouse to outhouse in one week.

• Snyder and Bruce are incompetent. Schaffer is a wiz.

This is from the Athletic who did an article with unanimous NFL Agents and GMs around the league.
Old 10-18-2019, 11:05 AM   #143
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
• I don’t have a lot of respect for the owner. Never have. Bruce Allen was an agent so many of us competed with him. I got along with him, but never really trusted him. Cut corners. He used to cheat to get players. He was a villain. As far as he knows I like him, but I don’t trust him. He thinks scandals aren’t’ scandals, but the cost of doing business. (Former front office leader) Vinny (Cerrato) was the same..

• Pros — Great talent at evaluation positions. Meaning (Director of college scouting) Kyle Smith, (Dir. of Pro Personnel) Alex Santos. Cons — the owner.

• Not a huge fan, but also think they have their hands tied behind their backs a ton because of who’s running the show.

• Redskins are dysfunctional. One guy will call on one player and then you talk with another guy in personnel and he has no idea of what’s going on. They fall in and out of love with players. A guy can go from penthouse to outhouse in one week.

• Snyder and Bruce are incompetent. Schaffer is a wiz.

This is from the Athletic who did an article with unanimous NFL Agents and GMs around the league.
That pretty much sums it up, get rid of Bruce, Promote Schaeffer and have Danny count his money and get the F out of the way and you’ll have a winning program.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.

Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2019, 11:16 AM   #144
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
That pretty much sums it up, get rid of Bruce, Promote Schaeffer and have Danny count his money and get the F out of the way and you’ll have a winning program.
Yep, but Dan wont do that because he truly believes he is a football mind lmao
Old 10-18-2019, 11:51 AM   #145
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrenchSkin View Post
Bill Callahan on Ereck Flowers "He’s come a long way in a short period of time. He could be one of the best guards in the league.”

FFS when are they going to learn to shut their mouthes ? All offseason "top 5 defense talent wise" "this defense is gonna win superbowlS", and now this ?! This culture of overpromising and under delivering is exhausting !
Flowers is having a surprisingly good season and had a solid good season against the Dolphins, but one of the best in the league? STFU !

2 plays from Sunday...

I think flowers has been pretty meh and jag. Maybe he can continue to improve as the season goes on. I like to how Martin progresses.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2019, 12:07 PM   #146
FrenchSkin
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
I think flowers has been pretty meh and jag. Maybe he can continue to improve as the season goes on. I like to how Martin progresses.
In all honesty he had a solid game, I could've picked several plays where he handled stunts really well, better than anybody at LG for us in a long time.
But I really hate this overpromising culture, and let's not start acting like he's been pancaking people all over the field !
Old 10-18-2019, 12:07 PM   #147
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Flowers has been better than we all expected, I'll give him credit
Old 10-18-2019, 12:11 PM   #148
FrenchSkin
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
Flowers has been better than we all expected, I'll give him credit
Me too... just not to the extent of crowning him "one of the best guards in the league".
Old 10-18-2019, 02:22 PM   #149
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
I really disagree on Flowers, he's easily been our best OL so far and much more than just a guy. And considering many (including myself) didn't think he would even make the team, he's been impressive. I'd look to get an extension done with him before the end of the year.
Old 10-18-2019, 03:05 PM   #150
BigHairedAristocrat
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrenchSkin View Post
Me too... just not to the extent of crowning him "one of the best guards in the league".
You're reading way too much into it. He didn't say he was one of the best guards in the game - just that he COULD become that. COULD is not a promise - its a possibility. Flowers has played extremely well in his first few games as a guard after being a complete bust at Tackle. Giving Flowers some Public praise for his play and his potential is additional motivation for Flowers to grow. After all the hate his signing deservedly got from fans and the media, i'd say the praise is well earned.
Dolphins get good press for saving drowning humans.But we only hear about the swimmers theyve pushed ashore.You know who we havent heard from: all the people theyve pushed out to sea.Dolphins dont know what theyre doing-they just like pushing things.
BigHairedAristocrat is offline   Reply With Quote