Locker Room Main Forum

Closed Thread

Old 12-30-2014, 08:18 PM   #181
MTK
\m/

Re: All things off season 2015.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamiteRave View Post
People keep saying that he's just using coach speak and he's not going to openly throw his friend under the bus.

He didn't have any problem throwing his players under the bus, but I digress.
There's a big difference between throwing a player under the bus vs. a fellow coach.

Coaches just don't sell each other out.

Besides, he can "recommend" keeping him all he wants. Ultimately the decision isn't up to him and he knows it.

Advertisements
Old 12-30-2014, 08:24 PM   #182
IrMitchell
Impact Rookie

I think we as fans need to sit back for a minute and remember just how much due diligence will go into the decisions made this off-season.

1. Cousins isn't going to just be disregarded and forgotten. He only leaves if Gruden and co. are absolutely convinced he is not good enough, PERIOD. The good and bad will be evaluated thoroughly.

2. Haslett's tape speaks for itself. It is truly impossible to do any evaluation without seeing the total dysfunction that was/is the Washington Redskins secondary under Has. There's no structure, accountability, consistency and especially no success. Nothing is good and that's going to end. Now obviously they have to make this decision early and won't wait until they've gone through their review, but the conclusion will be the same. If it's not, we get a free pass to jump ship because it would be a disservice to the fans of the Redskins.
Old 12-30-2014, 08:26 PM   #183
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

I won't jump ship but I'll boycott the team until we clean house
Old 12-30-2014, 08:26 PM   #184
IrMitchell
Impact Rookie

Also can we stop pretending Dan Snyder has anything to do with this season? It's annoying and entirely ignorant.

The only reported issue this entire year involving Dan Snyder was that he did not want Robert Griffin to be benched early in the season. What ended up happening once it became extremely clear he wasn't good enough? He was benched.

Dan Snyder has not been the same since Shanahan and whatever business decisions he's made outside of football simply have no importance to what we all cheer for. He is sitting back and allowing the people he hire to do their jobs. Unfortunately he may have hired the wrong people, it's something all owners go through.

This is on everyone underneath him and we all should see that.
Old 12-30-2014, 08:28 PM   #185
IrMitchell
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
I won't jump ship but I'll boycott the team until we clean house
Me neither, but Haslett should have been gone 2 years ago, it's not in question.
Old 12-30-2014, 08:31 PM   #186
IrMitchell
Impact Rookie

On another note, I'm sitting here looking at our free agents and see Niles Paul and Roy Helu, among others...

Time flies when you're losing doesn't it, these guys were good Redskins and wish we had them longer.
Old 12-30-2014, 08:31 PM   #187
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

The fact that players are backing Haslett is laughable to me. I mean I'm not an nfl coach and I know the guy works hard but he's just not good! Time to move on
Old 12-30-2014, 08:35 PM   #188
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

2 years ago I said this team is about to be a serious contender. Young franchise QB and RB plus best LT in the league... boy were we all fooled. Maybe mike knew what he was doing when he wanted another qb
Old 12-30-2014, 08:35 PM   #189
IrMitchell
Impact Rookie

Quote:
The fact that players are backing Haslett is laughable to me. I mean I'm not an nfl coach and I know the guy works hard but he's just not good! Time to move on
Yup, but how can you blame them? We're the only NFL team in the league that allows players to make fundamental mistakes and go ballhawking for interceptions all while getting the chance to play the next snap without seemingly any repercussions.

I wish Ryan Clark was 5 years younger because he was the accountability we needed, it just turned out he was a horrible football player at 35 years old.
Old 12-30-2014, 08:38 PM   #190
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

He's done and needs to retire. Breeland showed promise and amerson absolutely sucks. Hall needs to go as well. Rak is gone and needs to be. Kerrigan finally lived up to that pick this yr so hopefully he's going to get better and better.
Old 12-30-2014, 08:39 PM   #191
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

That 1st dez TD was about as embarrassing as an attempt to tackle as I've ever seen watching any level of football.
Old 12-30-2014, 08:43 PM   #192
IrMitchell
Impact Rookie

Quote:
He's done and needs to retire. Breeland showed promise and amerson absolutely sucks. Hall needs to go as well. Rak is gone and needs to be. Kerrigan finally lived up to that pick this yr so hopefully he's going to get better and better.
Hall and Rak will be gone next year.

Amerson will be relegated to fighting for a job, there's no more guarantees there.

Kerrigan has always been great, his sack numbers never told the whole story. He's been our best player for two straight years.
Old 12-30-2014, 08:45 PM   #193
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Best defensive player yes I agree. I'm glad he's on our team because dude is a worker.
Old 12-30-2014, 08:53 PM   #194
DynamiteRave
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrMitchell View Post
Hall and Rak will be gone next year.

Amerson will be relegated to fighting for a job, there's no more guarantees there.

Kerrigan has always been great, his sack numbers never told the whole story. He's been our best player for two straight years.
Fighting against who? Unless we bring in a damn fine FA or a high draft pick at CB, Amerson doesn't have anyone to compete against.

I've been a part of this message board for 17 years. Damn I'm old.
Old 12-30-2014, 08:54 PM   #195
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

All the shitty teams are firing people but our sorry asses. A fucking shame. This should have already been line up on a card like on draft day.

Jim Haslett- pink slip
Raheem Morris - pink slip
Chris Foester- pink slip
Scott Campbell- pink slip
Bruce Allen- you can stay but no more GM duties or football related decisions
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
Closed Thread