Voters: 80. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 06-07-2019, 01:23 PM   #316
Defensewins
Playmaker

Re: Dwayne Haskins

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
There's little to no evidence that a guy benefits from sitting in today's NFL. Does anyone really think Mahomes wouldn't have lit it up as a rookie?
Depends on the team situation your Rookie Qb is walking into.
There is a big difference between the talent rich KC Chiefs offense, with a solid running game, excellent receivers/passing game, great coaching and most importantly a decent line in front to protect and provide time to throw.

Depending on the Redskins health/TW situation, Haskins could have a shit line of Eric Flowers and rookies blocking for him. These two situations (KC vs. Skins) are not equal and you might want to protect a rookie QB from being put in a really bad situation.

Advertisements
Old 06-07-2019, 02:04 PM   #317
MTK
\m/

Haskins will either sink or swim. A guy either has it or he doesn't, and most of the time it's obvious fairly early on. The late bloomer types are the exception to the rule. I say play him from day 1.
Old 06-07-2019, 02:21 PM   #318
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Haskins will either sink or swim. A guy either has it or he doesn't, and most of the time it's obvious fairly early on. The late bloomer types are the exception to the rule. I say play him from day 1.
Same here, on tape he's the real deal. Super smart kid and accurate on all throws. Mahomes sat for 2 reasons :

Smith was still good
He wasn't as polished of a QB as Haskins is.
Old 06-08-2019, 12:22 PM   #319
httr198020
Special Teams

Quote:
I think that would be stupid. He should be put out there when he's ready. I can name more than a handful of qbs that didn't start right away who went on to have a lot of success. The best course of action is to be patient with this guy. Give him some time to get comfortable with the speed of the game and the playbook. If that happens to be day one then lets put him out there. If not then lets wait until he's ready.
Old 06-08-2019, 03:56 PM   #320
rocnrik
Playmaker

We will know by end of pre season for sure .. I still say Case is going to be better than a lot of folks think.. Nobody wanted AP and we took a chance and he was very good for us last year! Case could be starter for a while and when Haskins takes over we have solid vet backup!
Old 06-08-2019, 04:08 PM   #321
NYCskinfan82
Playmaker

IMO DH would have to blow training camp and preseason football out the water to start. Keenum should start let DH watch he's the QB for our future
Old 06-08-2019, 04:57 PM   #322
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

It's about winning games until eliminated from playoff contention. Whoever gives us the best chance to win should play each week until then. If Haskins is the best QB on the roster by the end of the pre season, he should start game 1.
Old 06-08-2019, 09:23 PM   #323
REDSKINS4ever
Playmaker

There hasn't been a rookie QB in NFL history to play 16 games and lead his team to the Super Bowl.....hopefully Haskins can do it.
Old 06-09-2019, 08:19 AM   #324
KI Skins Fan
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDSKINS4ever View Post
There hasn't been a rookie QB in NFL history to play 16 games and lead his team to the Super Bowl.....hopefully Haskins can do it.
You have a better chance of becoming the Queen of England than the Skins have of going to the Super Bowl.
Old 06-09-2019, 09:00 AM   #325
Defensewins
Playmaker

In the Front Office this kind decisions is what separates real football men and bussiness men. Football men make the decision that is best for long term improvement of the team. The bussiness man just wants to please the impatient fans and make money.i am not saying Haskins shouldn't start. If he is ready and is the best qb on our roster he should play. But if we have a better short term option while Haskins learns and improves, that is fine with me.
Old 06-09-2019, 09:14 PM   #326
kct1975
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defensewins View Post
In the Front Office this kind decisions is what separates real football men and bussiness men. Football men make the decision that is best for long term improvement of the team. The bussiness man just wants to please the impatient fans and make money.i am not saying Haskins shouldn't start. If he is ready and is the best qb on our roster he should play. But if we have a better short term option while Haskins learns and improves, that is fine with me.
YES!!!!!! This

I am fine with Dwayne Haskins starting, but Please let him Grow into the Starting QB Position!

Please Don't Push Dwayne Haskins into the Staring Position before he is totally ready!

I just don't want another RG3 flame out...

While I was, honestly, not a fan of the Dwayne Haskins pick, he does seem to be a very talented Quarterback, but I just don't want a repeat of the RG3 saga.

Redskins Front Office..."You have two decent Quarterbacks in Case Kennum and Colt McCoy... please take it slow with Dwayne Haskins and let him grow in the Quarterback position!"

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
Old 06-12-2019, 08:37 AM   #327
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

https://www.redskins.com/video/dwayn...n-the-building

Haskins is mature beyond his age, great attitude and super smart kid.
Old 06-12-2019, 09:11 AM   #328
Redskins247
Impact Rookie

IF it is up to Jay...and that is a very big IF...he's going to play whichever QB gives him the best chance to win. He HAS to win this year or he's gone and he knows it. But it's not going to surprise anyone here if Snyder "makes" Jay start Haskins...and who knows, maybe they start 1-5 and then Haskins shows a lot of promise down the stretch and finish 8-8 with Haskins and Jay keeps his job...but I really doubt it.
Old 06-12-2019, 09:18 AM   #329
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redskins247 View Post
IF it is up to Jay...and that is a very big IF...he's going to play whichever QB gives him the best chance to win. He HAS to win this year or he's gone and he knows it. But it's not going to surprise anyone here if Snyder "makes" Jay start Haskins...and who knows, maybe they start 1-5 and then Haskins shows a lot of promise down the stretch and finish 8-8 with Haskins and Jay keeps his job...but I really doubt it.
I think Case will fight for the job all the way through PS, He is a vet that knows the game. Haskins shouldn't be names starter until he shows in the PS that he is game ready.
Old 06-12-2019, 09:46 AM   #330
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Keenum isn’t bringing us anywhere near the playoffs. As long as our O line is up to snuff I want Haskins growing and learning. If Jay shows progress with the rook than I think he saves his job. If Keenum plays he is gone regardless imo. Tough spot for Jay.
Closed Thread