Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Trent Williams holding out for new deal

Locker Room Main Forum

View Poll Results: Should the Redskins pay or trade Trent Williams?
Pay him 34 46.58%
Trade him 39 53.42%
Voters: 73. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 07-24-2019, 02:15 PM   #361
TheMalcolmConnection
I like big (_|_)s.

Re: Trent Williams holding out for new deal

The more I think about this, the more I'm like, "If it REALLY is about the medical staff, why are you punishing your teammates and coaches over it?" Like if arguably our most important player felt mistreated by the staff and went to ownership about it, wouldn't you think they would have cleaned f-ing house?

Advertisements
Old 07-24-2019, 04:16 PM   #362
EARTHQUAKE2689
You did WHAT?!?

I just have a question I want everyone to answer, because I too feel it is about the money. How many LTs in the NFL are definitely 100% no arguments better than Trent Williams right now?? I am curious on responses.

Shameless self-promotion. It is what it is.
Old 07-24-2019, 04:22 PM   #363
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by EARTHQUAKE2689 View Post
I just have a question I want everyone to answer, because I too feel it is about the money. How many LTs in the NFL are definitely 100% no arguments better than Trent Williams right now?? I am curious on responses.
Nobody.

It may not be entirely about money, but money can always help smooth things over.

I think something will get done before week 1 and he'll be back.
Old 07-24-2019, 04:23 PM   #364
Schneed10
A Dude

Quote:
I can't name anybody that's clearly, 'no arguments' better than Trent. David Bakhtiari is legit and deserves to be in the conversation, but it's a conversation.
Old 07-24-2019, 04:33 PM   #365
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
I don't think you can def say anyone is better. I think Tyron Smith is an equal

He Gets Us
Old 07-24-2019, 04:55 PM   #366
jamf
Pro Bowl

Santana Moss was on with Doc Walker yesterday and said he spoke with TW, TW is pissed about how the team handled his injuries and is considering legal action against the team.
Old 07-24-2019, 05:28 PM   #367
calia
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamf View Post
Santana Moss was on with Doc Walker yesterday and said he spoke with TW, TW is pissed about how the team handled his injuries and is considering legal action against the team.
If this is accurate, it's hard to imagine him coming back. I hope it isn't accurate. I will say this, however -- if your ailment is not related to your performance on the team, why are you relying on team doctors? Turf toe? Sure. Torn quad? Yep. But possibly cancerous growth on your scalp? Not what they do. This really doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

Oh, and he is as good as if not better than any LT playing today. Period. And maybe ever. Which is going to make this sting. A lot.
Old 07-24-2019, 05:55 PM   #368
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
I asked this question in post #350 and was told it's about money.
Old 07-24-2019, 08:42 PM   #369
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
So he was so pissed off that he waited 4 months to say or do anything? If memory serves me right, this whole thing happened last year and his surgery was in February, correct?

That's my whole issue with this JUST being about the medical issue. If things were so bad, it would have been news 4 months ago. Not timing it like a contract hold out.
R.I.P. #21
Old 07-25-2019, 01:01 AM   #370
Meks
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
So he was so pissed off that he waited 4 months to say or do anything? If memory serves me right, this whole thing happened last year and his surgery was in February, correct?

That's my whole issue with this JUST being about the medical issue. If things were so bad, it would have been news 4 months ago. Not timing it like a contract hold out.
I mean, who am I to say but it's possible surgery like that to repair w.ever it exactly was could require a long waiting period to even check on how the healing has progressed etc etc... Who knows but the timing of course seems coincidental, can't argue that.
R.I.P #21SEAN TAYLOR
Old 07-25-2019, 08:09 AM   #371
rocnrik
Playmaker

As it turned out Trents health issue was not cancer (thankfully)! And it seems it’s behind him. He still seems upset with the way the team handled it.. my question is if the team told him it’s not serious and can wait..did that not turn out to be the case?okay so if the team told him it’s very serious and needs to be taken care of (why would he be upset with that).. if indeed he believes the team mishandled this how did they do that.. I would understand his claim IF he indeed had a serious issue that he was told it was not serious.. I understand the scare of thinking you might have cancer .. I just don’t understand what he thinks the team doctors did.. maybe there is a lot more to this than any of us know.. but I’m starting to believe it’s all about the money..
Old 07-25-2019, 09:28 AM   #372
Defensewins
Playmaker

It is strange how the majority here take the teams side on player vs. team issues. I get that we just want the team to win. So whatever it takes....right?
Players were demonized last season because they disagreed with the way our defensive coordinator ran the defense. Some grew so frustrated they spoke out publicly because nothing was done to improve this issue on the field. So all of the players that spoke out were cut Even though many of us agree our D coordinator is not very good and should be replaced with better.
TheMalcolmConnection says above, if our best player felt mistreated by teams medical staff, why didn’t he go to owner and the entire medical staff get cut? Well that would mean the team would be admitting fault. Not many billion dollar companies and their lawyers would ever do that. Especially this one.
I get the owner has to back his FO and coaching staff over the players. But sometimes in rare circumstances, the FO and coaching staff are the problem.
I especially do not like the blurred line where where Bruce Allen has seemed to cross from FO to almost ownership side. He seems untouchable. I do not like that.
Old 07-25-2019, 09:58 AM   #373
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
I'm sure you can get arguments from Cowboys and Titans fans.
Old 07-25-2019, 10:26 AM   #374
GridIron26
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
I'm sure you can get arguments from Cowboys and Titans fans.
Tyron Smith is pretty good so Cowboys fans can argue this but not Tenn fans, Lewan is not even close IMO.
Old 07-25-2019, 12:02 PM   #375
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defensewins View Post
It is strange how the majority here take the teams side on player vs. team issues. I get that we just want the team to win. So whatever it takes....right?
Players were demonized last season because they disagreed with the way our defensive coordinator ran the defense. Some grew so frustrated they spoke out publicly because nothing was done to improve this issue on the field. So all of the players that spoke out were cut Even though many of us agree our D coordinator is not very good and should be replaced with better.
TheMalcolmConnection says above, if our best player felt mistreated by teams medical staff, why didn’t he go to owner and the entire medical staff get cut? Well that would mean the team would be admitting fault. Not many billion dollar companies and their lawyers would ever do that. Especially this one.
I get the owner has to back his FO and coaching staff over the players. But sometimes in rare circumstances, the FO and coaching staff are the problem.
I especially do not like the blurred line where where Bruce Allen has seemed to cross from FO to almost ownership side. He seems untouchable. I do not like that.
Well there was a big voice of dissent in Jonathan Allen who disagreed with Swearinger's antics and his criticism of Manusky. Also, I think I've heard one or two players basically saying that Swearinger was a problem.
R.I.P. #21
Closed Thread