Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

R.I.P.-The Dallas-Washington Rivelry

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 09-16-2019, 10:55 AM   #1
Burgold
Special Teams

R.I.P.-The Dallas-Washington Rivelry

Yes I know it's new day in the rivelry blah-blah-blah,but does ANYBODY on that damn team have a glue about the history of this thing,dammit I remember when the captains wouldn't shake hands for the coin flip and now after they get their butts kicked you see them laughing and exchanging jerseys...ON THE FIELD-F--K THAT SH-T,George Allen is turning over in his grave,yes the Cowboys are good as they've always been,but we used to beat that ass,now it's buddy buddy..am I the only one pissed or is there anyone else who remembers when we really-HATED THE DIRTY DALLAS COWBOYS!!!
Burgold is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 09-16-2019, 10:56 AM   #2
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

Re: R.I.P.-The Dallas-Washington Rivelry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burgold View Post
Yes I know it's new day in the rivelry blah-blah-blah,but does ANYBODY on that damn team have a glue about the history of this thing,dammit I remember when the captains wouldn't shake hands for the coin flip and now after they get their butts kicked you see them laughing and exchanging jerseys...ON THE FIELD-F--K THAT SH-T,George Allen is turning over in his grave,yes the Cowboys are good as they've always been,but we used to beat that ass,now it's buddy buddy..am I the only one pissed or is there anyone else who remembers when we really-HATED THE DIRTY DALLAS COWBOYS!!!
That’s today’s NFL, everyone is buddies with everyone because of free agency.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.

Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2019, 11:14 AM   #3
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

This is not a rivalry anymore, we are OWNED by Dallas to be honest.. Its a sad story
Old 09-16-2019, 11:25 AM   #4
sandtrapjack
The Starter

You do know that a lot of those players on both sides were team mates in college?
sandtrapjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2019, 11:35 AM   #5
Burgold
Special Teams

Re: R.I.P.-The Dallas-Washington Rivalry

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandtrapjack View Post
You do know that a lot of those players on both sides were team mates in college?
And that's supposed to mean something when they play opposite lines of scrimmage?
Old 09-16-2019, 11:49 AM   #6
sandtrapjack
The Starter

Quote:
And that's supposed to mean something when they play opposite lines of scrimmage?
If you are referring to Haskins and Elliot exchanging jerseys yesterday, that was Zekes team mate and QB in college man.

Just because Haskins got drafted by the Redskins, he has to hate on him? Haskins has logged more time playing with Zeke that he has playing with Washington.

Anyway, you know how professional football players are. For 60 minutes, they shift gears and are out to kill each other. After the final whistle, though, they respect each other.
Old 09-16-2019, 12:31 PM   #7
EARTHQUAKE2689
You did WHAT?!?

Quote:
If you are referring to Haskins and Elliot exchanging jerseys yesterday, that was Zekes team mate and QB in college man.

Just because Haskins got drafted by the Redskins, he has to hate on him? Haskins has logged more time playing with Zeke that he has playing with Washington.

Anyway, you know how professional football players are. For 60 minutes, they shift gears and are out to kill each other. After the final whistle, though, they respect each other.
I get what your saying but Haskins didn't play with Zeke at Ohio State at all.

Shameless self-promotion. It is what it is.
EARTHQUAKE2689 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2019, 12:32 PM   #8
SunnySide
Playmaker

Quote:
Yes I know it's new day in the rivelry blah-blah-blah,but does ANYBODY on that damn team have a glue about the history of this thing,
Bad teams dont have rivals. Over the past 20 plus years, we have lost a lot more than just the numbers in the win-loss column.

The rivalry is dead. Easily sparked once we get sustained success and meaningful matchups in December and in the playoffs. I used to think it would eventually happen, the league is cyclical and our window will come ... Ive given up on that.

Honestly, the current rivalry is between us and the giants to see who sucks the worst in the NFCE.

At some point, I hope the owners take a hard look at Snyder. Not that they could actually do anything but he is costing them all money and the DMV market.
SunnySide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2019, 12:49 PM   #9
Burgold
Special Teams

Quote:

Yes that jersey exchange crap,I hate it,yes I know that some guys are buds and I'm cool with it but right after the game when your team lost is not the time to be laughing and joking,no I ain't never gonna be happy with that..yes I'm old school-AND PROUD OF IT..THE RIVALRY IS DEAD!!!
Old 09-16-2019, 01:23 PM   #10
sandtrapjack
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by EARTHQUAKE2689 View Post
I get what your saying but Haskins didn't play with Zeke at Ohio State at all.
Yeah, you are right. I thought Haskins played with him his freshman year....
Old 09-16-2019, 01:28 PM   #11
Number44
Special Teams

Quote:
This isn't really true.
Number44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2019, 01:33 PM   #12
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Yes that jersey exchange crap,I hate it,yes I know that some guys are buds and I'm cool with it but right after the game when your team lost is not the time to be laughing and joking,no I ain't never gonna be happy with that..yes I'm old school-AND PROUD OF IT..THE RIVALRY IS DEAD!!!
The old school is going to die with you. For 60 minutes they're at war with each other, and the rest of the time they're friends. I don't have a problem with that.

Also rivalries don't mean shit when your squad ain't shit. We're in that position right now, so until we're good enough to compete with teams I couldn't care less.
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2019, 09:00 PM   #13
kct1975
The Starter

Quote:
Quote:
I completely agree with everything you both said!

I remember back in the '80's when both the Redskins and Cowboys players would say nasty things about each other before and after the games.

The National Symphony Orchestra would play HTTR multiple times during the week.

And as you all mentioned, the Team Captains refused to shake hands before the game or after the game.

https://www.barstoolsports.com/dmv/d...es-of-the-week

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk
Old 09-17-2019, 09:52 AM   #14
Back2RFK
Special Teams

I'd be more pissed at the fans that have allowed the Cowboy Fans to in and take over our stadium. Its the skins fans selling their tickets to Dallas Fans or scalpers. I also have a feeling if we won the game you wouldn't care that the players are friendlier with each other in today's game.
Back2RFK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2019, 11:46 AM   #15
jamf
Pro Bowl

RIP the once proud Washington DC Redskins franchise.
1932 - 1997 Washington DC Redskins
1997 - Present Maryland Punk Ass Bitches
jamf is offline   Reply With Quote