Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Redskins vs. Giants Game Thread 9/4/08

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 09-05-2008, 12:18 AM   #1111
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

Re: Redskins vs. Giants Game Thread 9/4/08

Things will change when Thomas and Kelly grasp the offense (even if it's 60%) and Fred Davis is thrown in the mix. That's 3 weapons we will gain that didn't play tonight, it might make a difference.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.

Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 09-05-2008, 12:20 AM   #1112
DynamiteRave
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
Things will change when Thomas and Kelly grasp the offense (even if it's 60%) and Fred Davis is thrown in the mix. That's 3 weapons we will gain that didn't play tonight, it might make a difference.
Thomas was out there. Albeit, not very much.

I've been a part of this message board for 17 years. Damn I'm old.
DynamiteRave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 12:23 AM   #1113
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamiteRave View Post
Thomas was out there. Albeit, not very much.
I know, but he's just like in his 3rd pre-season game experience wise and Kelly hasn't hit camp yet.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.

Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 12:33 AM   #1114
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
When they grasp the offense that still might not mean things will change. We're talking about 3 unproven rookies. But we do need a physical presence out there and I'm hoping Kelly can provide that for us. Moss and ARE simply don't cut it. Moss is looking more like a #3 and ARE is looking like a #4.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 12:34 AM   #1115
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
When they grasp the offense that still might not mean things will change. We're talking about 3 unproven rookies. But we do need a physical presence out there and I'm hoping Kelly can provide that for us. Moss and ARE simply don't cut it. Moss is looking more like a #3 and ARE is looking like a #4.
And the #4 had more yards thane the #3...althought the #3 did score a TD.
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 11:22 AM   #1116
jsarno
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamiteRave View Post
Are you kidding? Brooks was obviously the best player. He was on the field just about as much as the defense was.
I laughed at this the first time I read it, but now I am not so sure it's actually untrue. We had a lot of players that looked lost, or didn't perform to standards. Brooks was fairly consistant, and not bad overall.
Old 09-05-2008, 11:25 AM   #1117
jsarno
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by hesscl34 View Post
Right... well throw the damn ball where it is supposed to be and not always look for the check down, and maybe we wouldn't miss those first downs..
For as much as I do not agree with a lot of your comments (I think you're being too hard on some people even though I haven't said anything), I do agree with the above comment. People are too quick to say that the WR's aren't getting open, but last year Collins proved they ARE getting open, Campbell isn't seeing it. Campbell is looking like Brunell...too afraid to make a mistake. That being said, I am confident that Zorn will break him of that. He just needs time.
Old 09-05-2008, 11:27 AM   #1118
over the mountain
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMScud View Post
If we're gonna run Portis on 3rd and 1 you gotta run him left.
yeah i dont understand why we keep running to the right side on important yardage plays.

(this is where someone pulls up a stat showing we ran to samuels side twice as much as heyer's lol)
over the mountain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 11:33 AM   #1119
jsarno
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by htownskinfan View Post
why? i havent joined the colt bandwagon like some other people,but if zorn would have stuck him in at some point in the second half I wouldnt have been unhappy with the descision,unlike every other frickin one he made tonite
I would have been very unhappy if Zorn put in Brennan. A lot of you know how happy I am that we picked Colt, but if Zorn put him in the game week 1, then that would show 0% confidence in Campbell. That would be a moronic move, and if he did that, I'd be ready to fire Zorn. Did campbell play well? Absolutely not! But you let Zorn review the tapes and work with Campbell, you don't pull the rug out week 1. If we're 2-11 and it's mainly campbell's fault...sure, I can see the move, but this is Campbell's team, and you let him work through it. Campbell played MUCH better in the 2nd half, hopefully he will build on it.

I am a little concerned at how quick everyone is ready to hit the panic button. It's not even "hitting" the panic button, it's jumping on it over and over and over. Relax guys, we can do this (lose) about 6 more times and we can still make the playoffs.
Old 09-05-2008, 12:03 PM   #1120
hesscl34

Quote:
I'm not saying he's our guy and he needs to play better. But time after time after time you're just killing the guy when there are other people to blame. That shows me it's personal with you. He didn't play poorly last year or the year before. He's been about average. What were you expecting with a new coach, another new offense, a bad pass blocking line and wr's that are not all that good? Do you think he's good enough to carry us through all that against the Giants defense which shut down NE? Keep it real would you! As far as scoring points is concerned, our offense isn't that good, and it hasn't been the past several years.

In one of your other posts you're calling out Carlos R. but you have to realize that he's coming off a very serious injury and he really shouldn't even be out there. His type of injury takes 12 months to recover from and he's covering Plax. Buress one on one????? Sorry but you just can't ask him to do that. Springs should've been covering him but he couldn't play cause his calf hurt.

I don't have a problem with you calling people out. Just make sure you call out the right guys and have a reason behind it.
I don't have reason? ..... what a joke. For the last time, it is NOT personal. I’m not even sure how you can call getting upset about a NFL player “personal”. I don’t know him, he’s not my neighbor, and I’m not banging him. I only see him out there with my Skins every week and that is enough to make me not want him around. It is about winning and JC cannot get it done. He is mediocre AT BEST. He's had enough time.. more than enough IMO. As for Rogers, he's been playing the same way since he came here and has never improved, regardless of his knee. You think teams constantly throw his way because he's good?
hesscl34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 12:37 PM   #1121
hesscl34

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTripp0012 View Post
How did you watch the game and not think Carlos Rogers was our best player on either side of the ball.

Like Skinsfan69 said, it's always personal with you. I think Carlos Rogers could win the Comeback Player of the year award, and you would be harping on stuff he did wrong in 2006.
Are you sure you aren't getting Landry and Rogers confused? Rogers was NOT our best player....

Stop trying to make this some kind of personal attack, ok? Please tell me how you think it's personal? I mean to make it personal I'd have to know the guy, or some how be personally involved in his career or life. It isn't a personal attack and I'm NOT the only fan that feels this way about JC and Rogers. Turn on sports talk 980... and you'll find quite a few people that agree with me!!! I am passionate about my Skins, that I am! If Rogers played well I would praise him, and I've done that before with him and JC. So instead of calling my opinon "personal".... why not list all the reasons you think I’m wrong.
Old 09-05-2008, 12:56 PM   #1122
Jamaican'Skin
The Starter

Quote:
Are you sure you aren't getting Landry and Rogers confused? Rogers was NOT our best player....

Stop trying to make this some kind of personal attack, ok? Please tell me how you think it's personal? I mean to make it personal I'd have to know the guy, or some how be personally involved in his career or life. It isn't a personal attack and I'm NOT the only fan that feels this way about JC and Rogers. Turn on sports talk 980... and you'll find quite a few people that agree with me!!! I am passionate about my Skins, that I am! If Rogers played well I would praise him, and I've done that before with him and JC. So instead of calling my opinon "personal".... why not list all the reasons you think I’m wrong.
Well speaking on behalf of the board, it just appears that this entire offseason, you've had little to no praise for the guy, and it is a steady constant. After a while, it just gets annoying to read over and over again
Jamaican'Skin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 01:04 PM   #1123
hesscl34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamaican'Skin View Post
Well speaking on behalf of the board, it just appears that this entire offseason, you've had little to no praise for the guy, and it is a steady constant. After a while, it just gets annoying to read over and over again
Until I see improvement he isn't going to get praise. However, when he does have good games I DO praise him, so on "behalf of the board" feel free to look up my posts about the first three preseason games when JC did seem to be improving some. As for Rogers.. he's been hurt so I haven't said much about him at all until now. But he said he's 100% and I see no change from the first day he arrived.

Last edited by hesscl34; 09-05-2008 at 01:17 PM.
Old 09-05-2008, 01:29 PM   #1124
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
I don't have reason? ..... what a joke. For the last time, it is NOT personal. I’m not even sure how you can call getting upset about a NFL player “personal”. I don’t know him, he’s not my neighbor, and I’m not banging him. I only see him out there with my Skins every week and that is enough to make me not want him around. It is about winning and JC cannot get it done. He is mediocre AT BEST. He's had enough time.. more than enough IMO. As for Rogers, he's been playing the same way since he came here and has never improved, regardless of his knee. You think teams constantly throw his way because he's good?
It's not??? I'm sure someone can find it but you said in one of your comments in another thread " get rid of the beast." You were talking about JC. Sorry but that's personal. If I'm wrong I'm sorry. But I doubt it. I remembered that comment and I think that's taking it a bit too far.

If you know anything about football you would know that Plaxico B. is just a tough guy to cover one on one. The guy is 6'5 and 230 lbs. Rogers ( and Smoot) were in position a couple of times but Burress just made the play, like he does against most corners. When he wants it, Burress is one of the best wr's in the NFL. He single handedly put NY in the SB last year when he went off against GB in -20 weather. The guy is just a physical freak. What I'm most pissed about is why isn't he on our team? He was a free agent and Pittsburgh didn't want him. We could've signed this guy but instead we signed guys that are not as good as he is.

Sometimes you just have to tip your cap to the other team. NY was better last night. It's one game. Let's get behind our team and try and beat a very tough NO team.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 01:39 PM   #1125
hesscl34

Quote:
It's not??? I'm sure someone can find it but you said in one of your comments in another thread " get rid of the beast." You were talking about JC. Sorry but that's personal. If I'm wrong I'm sorry. But I doubt it. I remembered that comment and I think that's taking it a bit too far.

If you know anything about football you would know that Plaxico B. is just a tough guy to cover one on one. The guy is 6'5 and 230 lbs. Rogers ( and Smoot) were in position a couple of times but Burress just made the play, like he does against most corners. When he wants it, Burress is one of the best wr's in the NFL. He single handedly put NY in the SB last year when he went off against GB in -20 weather. The guy is just a physical freak. What I'm most pissed about is why isn't he on our team? He was a free agent and Pittsburgh didn't want him. We could've signed this guy but instead we signed guys that are not as good as he is.

Sometimes you just have to tip your cap to the other team. NY was better last night. It's one game. Let's get behind our team and try and beat a very tough NO team.
You think that was taking it a bit too far? Calling him a beast? (ha ha) .. If you are going to call me out for insulting JC after a poorly played game, then you better call out the guy who called JC a bitch, and the numerous other posters that have used derogatory name calling after games. After games we all are excited and stay things that aren't always so nice because we are often pissed off, so for that I'm sorry. I'm also sorry I'm not saying what you want to hear about JC, but that tends to happen on message boards.