Locker Room Main Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-09-2019, 01:54 PM   #34
Buffalo Bob
The Starter

Re: Jay Gruden fired

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
Honestly in today's day and age most guys probably have phones in the locker rooms, it's just the nature of our lifestyle now.
I read where a lot of teams have guys leave their cell phones in the hall before they enter meeting rooms. What meeting is more important than half time in a locker room?

I realize I am old school, I played the game through college back in the day when screwing up got you running extra laps, wind sprints, yanked around by the face mask, hit in the helmet with clip boards, footballs thrown at you, etc,etc. When I was in High School the O-line coach was built like Arnold Swarzenegger, if you were caught not paying attention in practice he would pancake your ass and he was in shorts and a golf shirt. The logic there was you would get it a lot worse if you were on the field and had your head up your ass.
If caught not paying attention to a coach the consequences were not pretty.

My favorite guy to listen to on the radio is Doc Walker, he shares a lot of my views. I am sure it has nothing to do with the fact we are the same age,ha,ha. I just think things have gone too far the other way when it comes to discipline.
Buffalo Bob is offline   Reply With Quote