Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Playoff hunt!

Locker Room Main Forum

View Poll Results: Will the Redskins make the playoffs?
Yes 26 49.06%
No 27 50.94%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-11-2016, 04:58 PM   #46
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Re: Playoff hunt!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirLK26 View Post
It was ugly but we did what we had to do. At 7-5-1 we are still very much alive in the playoff picture. It's a week to week league at times, so who knows? We might come out next week and dominate the Panthers

Minny beat Jacksonville of course, the rest of the games that really matter are still to be played. Need NO over Tampa, Seattle over GB, LA over Atlanta, and Dallas over NY
It'll come down to week 17 watch and see

Advertisements
Old 12-11-2016, 08:04 PM   #47
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Tb winning hurt

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
Old 12-11-2016, 09:49 PM   #48
FlyerSkin

We just have to win out and see where the chips fall okie. To be honest,
I have to agree with the old timer about our slim chances. Our D is dreadful and Carolina and GB seem to be getting their swag back.
FlyerSkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2016, 10:50 AM   #49
Buffalo Bob
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
Tb winning hurt

That forces us to root for the Cowboys this coming weekend, gag.
Buffalo Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2016, 02:23 PM   #50
PorkSkins
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyerSkin View Post
I have to agree with the old timer about our slim chances. Our D is dreadful and Carolina and GB seem to be getting their swag back.
Green Bay seems to be getting back on track, but they're still behind us (and others) in the playoff race. Carolina is a week removed from getting blasted by Seattle. So, I can't say they're getting their "swag back."

As long, as the Redskins win out, then I feel we're gonna get in. The Falcons and Tampa Bay will slip up somewhere. Although, the Bucs' defense has stepped it up in the last month, my money is on them slipping up, based on their remaining schedule.
PorkSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2016, 10:34 PM   #51
SirLK26
The Starter

Quote:
Tb winning hurt

Amazing how every team we needed to lose ended up winning. Probably means 9-6-1 will not be good enough for us anymore. I think Tampa loses one more and finishes 10-6. New York is almost a certainty to finish at least 10-6 and after seeing that defense against Dallas Id be surprised if they dont get more than that. 7-6 Green Bay and Minnesota are right there too if we slip up, they play each other again so one will finish with 9 wins at best, but the other has a chance to get to 10

Man, I hope we come out next Monday and kick some Panther ass. We need some momentum
SirLK26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2016, 10:41 PM   #52
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyerSkin View Post
I think TB losses 1 maybe 2 more, Dallas will beat them and usually NO splits with them.
Old 12-12-2016, 11:40 PM   #53
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
I think TB losses 1 maybe 2 more, Dallas will beat them and usually NO splits with them.
If things go the way they've been going for most of the year TB will lose to Dallas and we'll take back that 2nd wildcard spot with a W next Monday. I don't see them losing to NO, idk why but NO has been some garbage this year. When was the last time you heard of Drew Brees throwing 0 td's in 6 picks across b2b games? The one constant they had was Brees, if he's fucking up that team is done.
Old 12-14-2016, 02:18 PM   #54
SirLK26
The Starter

Will the Redskins make the playoffs? Stat experts say basically a coin flip | CSN Mid-Atlantic

Quote:
As the Redskins prepare to face the Carolina Panthers on Monday night, they do so with a little less than a 50 percent chance of making the NFL's postseason. FiveThirtyEight.com gives the 'Skins a 46 percent chance of making the playoffs, trailing the Bucs, who the site listed at a 54 percent chance of making the postseason.
Old 12-15-2016, 06:26 PM   #55
mredskins
MVP

So basically it's us or the Buc, Bucs having slight edge.
Old 12-18-2016, 11:13 AM   #56
SirLK26
The Starter

Rooting guide for the day:

The big ones are Cowboys over Bucs, Lions over Giants, and 49ers over Falcons. Also want Bears over Packers and Colts over Vikings. Saints at Cardinals is basically irrelevant, I suppose we want the Saints to win since they're playing the Bucs next week

As for the poll, it's hard to say we will. Its just too hard to predict the Bucs losing more than one over these last 3, and that would require us to go 3-0 to get in. The other possibility is that the Giants lose one of their next two with us winning both which would make week 17 a win and you're win. I dunno, I'll go with the chances and say no. But I would love nothing more than to be proved wrong, this team has never won a playoff game while I've been a fan

P.S. If a few of the teams we need to lose today do I'll hop right on the "playoff bound" band wagon

Last edited by SirLK26; 12-18-2016 at 05:40 PM.
Old 12-19-2016, 01:35 PM   #57
SirLK26
The Starter

Redskins now control their playoff destiny | CSN Mid-Atlantic
Quote:
If they win tonight the Redskins could clinch a playoff berth on Christmas Eve if they beat the Bears and the Packers lose to the Vikings at home and the Bucs fall in New Orleans.
Quote:
With three games left there are plenty of other paths for the Redskins to get to the playoffs without winning out. Per the website FiveThirtyEight.com the Redskins have between a 68 percent chance and a 72 percent chance of getting to the playoffs if they win two of their last three. That’s a lot less than the 100 percent chance that a 3-0 finish would bring but it points out the fact that there still is a lot of football to played.

For now, the Redskins just need to take care of business tonight. Per FiveThirtyEight.com a win tonight moves their playoff chances from 53 percent to 72 percent.
Old 12-19-2016, 04:35 PM   #58
FrenchSkin
Playmaker

If we win tonight, and Saturday @ Chicago, and TB loses @ New Orleans and either (or both) Green Bay or Detroit loses... We clinch a playoff birth and play our back ups against NYG.

I know, one game at a time. But that scenario is not farfetched.
Old 12-19-2016, 06:59 PM   #59
Bangee7
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrenchSkin View Post
If we win tonight, and Saturday @ Chicago, and TB loses @ New Orleans and either (or both) Green Bay or Detroit loses... We clinch a playoff birth and play our back ups against NYG.

I know, one game at a time. But that scenario is not farfetched.
I'm sure I'd be happy to make the playoffs again, but I really want this team to go out, take control and earn it.

Tonight's game against Carolina is a great opportunity. We need to go seize the day!
Bangee7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2016, 09:27 AM   #60
SirLK26
The Starter

Quote:
michael phillips
michael phillips – ‏@michaelpRTD

REDSKINS ARE IN with 2 wins and:

1) One Tampa loss (@ NO, vs CAR)

2a) One GB loss (vs. MIN, @ DET)
or
2b) Two DET losses (@ Dal, vs. GB)
9:57 PM - 19 Dec 2016
Not as down on this team as some. This was probably the worst game of the year, they'll bounce back