Breaking News on team name

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 12-23-2015, 11:16 PM   #1
WillH
The Starter

Re: Breaking News on team name

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocnrik View Post
I have a friend who is a midget who is upset with a team named the giants..true story..he is trying to get a petition up! also didn't cowboys kill native americans ..seems like the native americans are after the wrong team! Also there are atheist who don't like a team called the SAINTS! And how many people did pirates and buccaneers and vikings kill back in the day?? point is somebody will always be offended. heck I am offended by washington the city (politics)..not the Redskin name.
Yeah I hear ya, but I'm still on the lets just change the name side of the fence. (Also, I'd be surprised if your friend referred to himself as a midget. Little person, person with dwarfism. I don't know, maybe I'm wrong, but it is an outdated term)

That said, this game is fun:

Buffalo Bills - we nearly hunted the species into extinction, how can we exploit a species that humans have caused to be endangered threatened etc. Hell they're another native group that should be offended.
Bengals- see Buffalo Bills (not native to America though)
Bears- see Buffalo Bills
Broncos - glorifying the human eploitation of animals as property and forced labor.
Colts - see Broncos
Cowboys- see Broncos
Dolphins - see Buffalo Bills
Eagles - see Buffalo Bills
Falcons- see Buffalo Bills
Jaguars - see Buffalo Bills
Lions - see Bengals
Panthers- see Buffalo Bills
Rams - see Broncos
Seahawks - see Buffalo Bills, but also, ahem, I think you mean Osprey.

Seriously where the hell is PETA? WTF?

Titans - same as the Giants argument.

49ers - glorifying the exploitation of blue collar hard working Americans. Might as well name a team the Sweatshop workers.
Steelers- see 49ers

Chargers- named after credit cards, I am personally offended learning this. They are glorifying American materialism, and the exploitation of the American people by the banking industry and the cycle of debt that enslaves us.

Browns - Now that is a PC name. Just name your team after the color of the uniform. It is perfectly neutral. We could be the Burgandy and Gold. Done. All team names will be their colors.
Old 12-25-2015, 09:56 PM   #2
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillH View Post
Browns - Now that is a PC name. Just name your team after the color of the uniform. It is perfectly neutral. We could be the Burgandy and Gold. Done. All team names will be their colors.
Aren't you afraid of offending those who are color blind?

Sent from my S6 Edge
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2016, 11:20 AM   #3
SkinsGuru
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillH View Post
Yeah I hear ya, but I'm still on the lets just change the name side of the fence. (Also, I'd be surprised if your friend referred to himself as a midget. Little person, person with dwarfism. I don't know, maybe I'm wrong, but it is an outdated term)

That said, this game is fun:

Buffalo Bills - we nearly hunted the species into extinction, how can we exploit a species that humans have caused to be endangered threatened etc. Hell they're another native group that should be offended.
Bengals- see Buffalo Bills (not native to America though)
Bears- see Buffalo Bills
Broncos - glorifying the human eploitation of animals as property and forced labor.
Colts - see Broncos
Cowboys- see Broncos
Dolphins - see Buffalo Bills
Eagles - see Buffalo Bills
Falcons- see Buffalo Bills
Jaguars - see Buffalo Bills
Lions - see Bengals
Panthers- see Buffalo Bills
Rams - see Broncos
Seahawks - see Buffalo Bills, but also, ahem, I think you mean Osprey.

Seriously where the hell is PETA? WTF?

Titans - same as the Giants argument.

49ers - glorifying the exploitation of blue collar hard working Americans. Might as well name a team the Sweatshop workers.
Steelers- see 49ers

Chargers- named after credit cards, I am personally offended learning this. They are glorifying American materialism, and the exploitation of the American people by the banking industry and the cycle of debt that enslaves us.

Cowboys and Patriots are worse than that to the Native Americans . . . they are the people that committed genocide on the Native American people as a whole . . . both of those names are akin to having a team called the Nazi's
SkinsGuru is offline   Reply With Quote