Poe, Honey Badger, or Norwell

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Norwell is an OG.

Advertisements
Old 03-04-2018, 09:16 PM   #197
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Re: Redskins 2018 Off Season Re/Signings

I'd want Paul Richardson. Richardson and Doctson catching bombs from Smith sounds nice, and should really open middle of field for Thompson, Reed, Crowder, Davis, etc.
Old 03-04-2018, 09:30 PM   #198
WillH
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by KI Skins Fan View Post
Norwell is an OG.
Lol... yeah mindfart he's still on the list though.

Old 03-04-2018, 09:31 PM   #199
EARTHQUAKE2689
You did WHAT?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
I'd want Paul Richardson. Richardson and Doctson catching bombs from Smith sounds nice, and should really open middle of field for Thompson, Reed, Crowder, Davis, etc.
I am not paying big money for Paul Richardson if I am the Skins. DJ Chark could do the same thing he does in the draft.

Shameless self-promotion. It is what it is.
Old 03-04-2018, 09:54 PM   #200
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by EARTHQUAKE2689 View Post
I am not paying big money for Paul Richardson if I am the Skins. DJ Chark could do the same thing he does in the draft.
Well yeah, any signing the money has to be right as well. I don't think his contract will be outrageous. We'll see in a little more than a week.

Note - I like Chark as well and if we don't sign a WR, if hes available 4th round or later I'd take him.
Old 03-05-2018, 04:53 AM   #201
FrenchSkin
Playmaker

Since he seems to be getting quite a lot of love here, I wanted to watch a bit of tape on Sammy Watkins.
I watched all the offensive snaps of the Rams against the Skins from last season on the All 22.

I'll tell you what, from what I saw this is not the guy I want to spend 10M+ on.
I'll grant him he's a willing and decent blocker in the run game... but other than that... hard to believe he's a 4.43s guy. Not a great route runner. Unimpressed.

Now, it's one game and I'm not as expert as some of you here, so is there something I'm missing here?
His career stats doesn't show that (other than his one 1000 yards season it's meh), but stats are not everything... anyone?

I want to do the same on Paul Richardson, Albert Wilson and Taylor Gabriel. 3 guys I've read the Skins could be targeting.

Envoyé de mon SM-J320FN en utilisant Tapatalk
Old 03-05-2018, 07:01 AM   #202
MTK
\m/

The main thing to not like about Watkins is his durability. It would be like bringing in another Jordan Reed. No thanks.
Old 03-05-2018, 08:52 AM   #203
#56fanatic
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by KI Skins Fan View Post
For Rob, what first cut? He just tap dances in the backfield until he's tackled. Poor Rob, he has no feel for the game whatsoever. We desperately need a lead RB. Perine is a backup, at best, IMHO.

Perhaps we could get the job done with a committee. Chris Ivory is almost certain to be cut by JAC. I'd look into signing him to a reasonable deal if his health checks out. Given the opportunity, I'd definitely draft Raashad Penny. If not Penny, than I'd look to draft Sony Michel a little lower.

Maybe Ivory, Penny or Michel, Perine, and Chris Thompson could get the job done.

Ivory (I don't feel) is the answer either. He has had his opportunities and really hasn't made a case for being a starter. I'd take my chances with drafting a mid rounder and letting Perine fight for it. I still feel he can be a pretty good RB for us. Just has to learn the NFL game, develop some patience.
Old 03-05-2018, 09:27 AM   #204
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
The main thing to not like about Watkins is his durability. It would be like bringing in another Jordan Reed. No thanks.
Not as bad but he's prob not worth 10M a yr
Old 03-06-2018, 05:39 AM   #205
FrenchSkin
Playmaker

Just watched all the offensive snaps of the Seahawks against the Jaguars game.

I'd love us to sign Paul Richardson.

He ran a 4.40, and that shows on tape! He is a real legit deep threat.
Good route runner, he won quite a lot against a really good secondary!

Had the Seahawks had a better offensive line, he would have had a lot more than 700 receiving yards last year !

Also, really good run blocker. He's enthusiastic doing it too. Not only against DBs, he layed a legit block on Myles Jack, he's not afraid to block LBs.

Might have a little drop issue, dropped 6 passes out of 80 targets... but hey he'd fit right in with our receiving corps ^^

He could be a steal.
Old 03-06-2018, 08:41 AM   #206
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrenchSkin View Post
Just watched all the offensive snaps of the Seahawks against the Jaguars game.

I'd love us to sign Paul Richardson.

He ran a 4.40, and that shows on tape! He is a real legit deep threat.
Good route runner, he won quite a lot against a really good secondary!

Had the Seahawks had a better offensive line, he would have had a lot more than 700 receiving yards last year !

Also, really good run blocker. He's enthusiastic doing it too. Not only against DBs, he layed a legit block on Myles Jack, he's not afraid to block LBs.

Might have a little drop issue, dropped 6 passes out of 80 targets... but hey he'd fit right in with our receiving corps ^^

He could be a steal.

It was reported that Seattle wants to keep him and has offered him 5.5 M , I saw this on Twitter so I don't have a link, BUT that doesn't mean we can't steal him away. I think he's a good number 2
Old 03-06-2018, 09:05 AM   #207
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
It was reported that Seattle wants to keep him and has offered him 5.5 M , I saw this on Twitter so I don't have a link, BUT that doesn't mean we can't steal him away. I think he's a good number 2
I think he could flourish here, and I'ld like that to be one of the signings we make at the beginning of FA, in fact it could be the only one. Not a lot else to spend on, unless there is a guard that is worth it.
Old 03-06-2018, 10:29 AM   #208
WillH
The Starter

Sounds like they plan to address WR via FA. With all the guys we thought would be tagged likely hitting the open market, I support this move for sure. Calvin Ridley, by most accounts, is the only clear 1st rd talent at WR in this draft. They have a much better chance of hitting on a RB and/or LG in the draft given the top end depth at those positions.

If they don't also sign Poe than they need to sign a LG too. I'd really like a Guard from this draft, but right now we have 2 picks in the first 3 rounds. Realistically we can get 2 starters. LG or DT in round 1 and RB in round 2.

From the perspective of the salary cap it's difficult to decide to G or DT in FA. On one hand, you have 2 mediocre DT from last year's FA and their contracts on the books, so a young guy makes sense. On the other hand, you're going to have to pay Scherff next year and so you'd prefer a younger cheaper guy across from him.

In the end they will likely have to patch a hole with a less than ideal solution att one of these 2 positions.

Old 03-06-2018, 10:49 AM   #209
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillH View Post
Sounds like they plan to address WR via FA. With all the guys we thought would be tagged likely hitting the open market, I support this move for sure. Calvin Ridley, by most accounts, is the only clear 1st rd talent at WR in this draft. They have a much better chance of hitting on a RB and/or LG in the draft given the top end depth at those positions.

If they don't also sign Poe than they need to sign a LG too. I'd really like a Guard from this draft, but right now we have 2 picks in the first 3 rounds. Realistically we can get 2 starters. LG or DT in round 1 and RB in round 2.

From the perspective of the salary cap it's difficult to decide to G or DT in FA. On one hand, you have 2 mediocre DT from last year's FA and their contracts on the books, so a young guy makes sense. On the other hand, you're going to have to pay Scherff next year and so you'd prefer a younger cheaper guy across from him.

In the end they will likely have to patch a hole with a less than ideal solution att one of these 2 positions.

Allen Robinson will be coveted by a handful of teams but I agree, I don't think we are planning on drafting a WR early on.. Looks like RB and DL will be the top priorities as listening to Doug and Jay speak. Now if we can land Calloway from UF in the 4th that would be nice.
Old 03-06-2018, 01:25 PM   #210
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

https://www.pro-football-reference.c...R/RobiAl02.htm

22 Td's in 2 years basically, not bad
Closed Thread