Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Redskins sign Landon Collins 6 yr/84M

Redskins Locker Room


View Poll Results: Thumbs up or down on Landon Collins signing?
Up 43 81.13%
Down 10 18.87%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-12-2019, 08:57 AM   #61
Chico23231
Living Legend
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 23,512
Re: Redskins sign Landon Collins 6 yr/84M

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
Very reasonable deal, people that were scoffing over the initial numbers are looking pretty silly now.

Never judge a deal on the initial numbers.
Its still a lot for a Safety with the cap hit...coming off recent coverage issues.

The question now is going forward...I don't want to fucking hear about not having the money for obvious issues on the team. And saying well lets wait for the draft to fill the need is ass backwards team building...that's how you seriously fuck up.

Left Guard, Safety, Edge pass rusher...We need starters at everyone of these positions. We have no Oline depth...none sans the Tackle from Louisville.

Look at the money allocated at TE...makes zero sense. WR is a complete mess.

We need a lot of help...so the Collins deal is great...but we need to continue to spend money. Smart money
__________________
The culture is damn good around here.
Chico23231 is online now   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 03-12-2019, 10:16 AM   #62
punch it in
From a Land Down Under
 
punch it in's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: toms river, nj
Posts: 13,347
Re: Redskins sign Landon Collins 6 yr/84M

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
Very reasonable deal, people that were scoffing over the initial numbers are looking pretty silly now.



Never judge a deal on the initial numbers.


Not only that but he is young and he is a leader on defense. And just stop with he cant cover. He protects the top of the field, contains it, and allows the front 7 to get after it. It was a solid move.
__________________
Douche Snyder ruined my Sundays.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 10:24 AM   #63
SFREDSKIN
MVP
 
SFREDSKIN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pacifica, CA
Posts: 11,395
Re: Redskins sign Landon Collins 6 yr/84M

Nice breakdown:

https://www.nbcsports.com/washington...llins-contract
__________________
Joe Gibbs- The best coach of all time, Lombardi trophy should be renamed Gibbs.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.


Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 11:12 AM   #64
Buffalo Bob
The Starter
 
Buffalo Bob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Beaverdam Virginia
Posts: 1,293
Re: Redskins sign Landon Collins 6 yr/84M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Look at the money allocated at TE...makes zero sense.
You think $16 mil in 2019 for Jordan "Made of glass" Reed and Vernon "Hands of stone" Davis is too much money?
Buffalo Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 11:27 AM   #65
Chico23231
Living Legend
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 23,512
Re: Redskins sign Landon Collins 6 yr/84M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalo Bob View Post
You think $16 mil in 2019 for Jordan "Made of glass" Reed and Vernon "Hands of stone" Davis is too much money?
At the minimum you cut Vernon Davis and move Sprinkle up to 2nd TE. But Id look for a trade for Reed...see if you could get a late 3rd, or early 4th round pick.

Rams and Pats got some comp picks in the 3rd round...try to get one of those...Reed isn't the future here.
__________________
The culture is damn good around here.
Chico23231 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 11:38 AM   #66
Chico23231
Living Legend
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 23,512
Re: Redskins sign Landon Collins 6 yr/84M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalo Bob View Post
You think $16 mil in 2019 for Jordan "Made of glass" Reed and Vernon "Hands of stone" Davis is too much money?
https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/positional/tight-end/

Washington Redskins 5 $17,755,334 $3,551,067 9.19%

We spend more on Tight Ends than any other team.
__________________
The culture is damn good around here.
Chico23231 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 11:50 AM   #67
Giantone
Franchise Player
 
Giantone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 8,465
Re: Redskins sign Landon Collins 6 yr/84M

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
So basically the Redskins are back loading this contract?
Yes.
__________________
....DISCLAIMER: All of my posts/threads are my expressed typed opinion and the reader is not to assume these comments are absolute fact, law, or truth unless otherwise stated in said post/thread.
Giantone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 12:00 PM   #68
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend
 
CRedskinsRule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pasadena, Md
Posts: 17,401
Re: Redskins sign Landon Collins 6 yr/84M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
Yes.
Important to remember at this point, a new cba will come into play for the 21-24 portion. While no one knows what will happen, it's inconcievable to me that the player pool of money would decrease in any meaningful way. The most likely outcome is an even larger salary cap number with more tools to maneuver money in contracts. So, the back end cap numbers on any deals made going forward is even more circumspect then in the past.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 12:01 PM   #69
Ruhskins
Living Legend
 
Ruhskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 19,745
Re: Redskins sign Landon Collins 6 yr/84M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Its still a lot for a Safety with the cap hit...coming off recent coverage issues.

The question now is going forward...I don't want to fucking hear about not having the money for obvious issues on the team. And saying well lets wait for the draft to fill the need is ass backwards team building...that's how you seriously fuck up.

Left Guard, Safety, Edge pass rusher...We need starters at everyone of these positions. We have no Oline depth...none sans the Tackle from Louisville.

Look at the money allocated at TE...makes zero sense. WR is a complete mess.

We need a lot of help...so the Collins deal is great...but we need to continue to spend money. Smart money
It takes two people to agree to the terms of a contract. Some players are going to want money upfront, creating a larger cap hit.

Eric Schaffer did wonders with this contract, but Collins and his agent had to agree to it.
__________________
R.I.P. #21

New words created on The Warpath:
Rewalsr - Somretimes - Fualt - Jersesy - Itiot - Composetory
Afeard - Storgn - Empliment - Gaissn - Saftys - Minnisota
Faviort - Hatter - Phsyched - Foof - Heloing - Brutual
Stroried - Agianst

"If you have to debate which of your 3 QBs is your best, you don't have a QB. Say it with me now... it... doesn't... matter." Schneed
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 12:04 PM   #70
Schneed10
My Wife Likes Alex
 
Schneed10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Newtown Square, PA
Posts: 11,691
Re: Redskins sign Landon Collins 6 yr/84M

There are backloaded contracts where you've paid a huge signing bonus and kept the salary low in the first few years, like the Redskins used to do under Cerrato. And then there are backloaded contracts with low signing bonuses and no guaranteed money after the first few years.

With the former, your cap gets crushed if you release the player. With the latter, you can release the player after three years with little in the way of cap repercussions. The Redskins signed Collins to the latter.
__________________
God made certain people to play football. He was one of them.
Schneed10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 12:13 PM   #71
MTK
‎\m/
 
MTK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 92,537
Re: Redskins sign Landon Collins 6 yr/84M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
It takes two people to agree to the terms of a contract. Some players are going to want money upfront, creating a larger cap hit.

Eric Schaffer did wonders with this contract, but Collins and his agent had to agree to it.
Definitely a good thing to point out here. Just because it worked with Collins doesn't mean everyone out there would be up to taking a similar deal.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
MTK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 12:19 PM   #72
Chico23231
Living Legend
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 23,512
Re: Redskins sign Landon Collins 6 yr/84M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10 View Post
There are backloaded contracts where you've paid a huge signing bonus and kept the salary low in the first few years, like the Redskins used to do under Cerrato. And then there are backloaded contracts with low signing bonuses and no guaranteed money after the first few years.

With the former, your cap gets crushed if you release the player. With the latter, you can release the player after three years with little in the way of cap repercussions. The Redskins signed Collins to the latter.
exactly...that's a specific nuance with limiting any type of pain.
__________________
The culture is damn good around here.
Chico23231 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 01:00 PM   #73
Irrefutable
The Starter
 
Irrefutable's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 1,501
Re: Redskins sign Landon Collins 6 yr/84M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
At the minimum you cut Vernon Davis and move Sprinkle up to 2nd TE. But Id look for a trade for Reed...see if you could get a late 3rd, or early 4th round pick.

Rams and Pats got some comp picks in the 3rd round...try to get one of those...Reed isn't the future here.
no one is going to give up a mid-round pick AND pay Reed $10 million
Irrefutable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 01:20 PM   #74
Schneed10
My Wife Likes Alex
 
Schneed10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Newtown Square, PA
Posts: 11,691
Re: Redskins sign Landon Collins 6 yr/84M

Why the fuck are we talking about trading Jordan Reed. Are we playing fantasy GM? Because if so fine go nuts but you might as well just fart in the wind.

Jay Gruden is never going to sign off on trading Reed. He loves the guy and runs his offense through him. It will never go on the table.
__________________
God made certain people to play football. He was one of them.
Schneed10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 01:27 PM   #75
Chico23231
Living Legend
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 23,512
Re: Redskins sign Landon Collins 6 yr/84M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10 View Post
Why the fuck are we talking about trading Jordan Reed. Are we playing fantasy GM? Because if so fine go nuts but you might as well just fart in the wind.

Jay Gruden is never going to sign off on trading Reed. He loves the guy and runs his offense through him. It will never go on the table.
And personnel decisions by Jay will most likely lead to his ouster at the end of the season. Jay guys really haven't gotten it done. Ive brought up Reed because he still has value
__________________
The culture is damn good around here.
Chico23231 is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:04 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site has no official affiliation with the Washington Redskins or the NFL, we're just a bunch of fans talking football
Page generated in 0.19017 seconds with 13 queries