Up 57 71.25%
Down 23 28.75%
Voters: 80. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 04-26-2019, 01:21 PM   #91
metalskins
The Starter

Re: Dwayne Haskins

I think it was a great pick for #15. Trading up to get Haskins would have imploded this board. With DH dropping to our pick, it would have been dumb to have passed him up. Besides, we were able to get Sweat, so we filled two positions of need in the first without giving the farm away.

I'm excited for Haskins. I just hope Gruden is given the opportunity to bring him along slowly and not throw him out to the wolves too soon.

Advertisements
Old 04-26-2019, 01:25 PM   #92
sandtrapjack
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
If stats had any meaning Haskins would have been the slam dunk #1 pick. Unfortunately they don’t, and 14 teams passed on him. Just the reality of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
How many teams picking 1 thru 14 were even looking QB? When the Giants took Jones, my first thought was "There is an outside shot that the Bengals may look at Haskins, but if Cincy does not take him, he is Washington bound".

In truth, you could say the Giants passed on him. But look around the Interwebs today......Giants are getting persecuted for 'the reach' for Jones. Washington getting the praise for a solid first round.
Old 04-26-2019, 01:26 PM   #93
Buffalo Bob
The Starter

Listening to Colin Cowherd today he likes Haskins and thinks he could be a good NFL QB, then turns around and says he feels sorry for him ending up in DC. What will it take for the Redskins to get some respect back?
Old 04-26-2019, 01:30 PM   #94
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandtrapjack View Post
How many teams picking 1 thru 14 were even looking QB? When the Giants took Jones, my first thought was "There is an outside shot that the Bengals may look at Haskins, but if Cincy does not take him, he is Washington bound".

In truth, you could say the Giants passed on him. But look around the Interwebs today......Giants are getting persecuted for 'the reach' for Jones. Washington getting the praise for a solid first round.

Cards, Giants, Bengals, Dolphins

Old 04-26-2019, 01:31 PM   #95
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalo Bob View Post
Listening to Colin Cowherd today he likes Haskins and thinks he could be a good NFL QB, then turns around and says he feels sorry for him ending up in DC. What will it take for the Redskins to get some respect back?
It is easier to sell dysfunction. Even though there are FOs out there that are screwing up big time (see Cards, Giants), the Redskins are a low hanging fruit.

You win respect by winning though, so you won't see that narrative change until winning happens.
R.I.P. #21
Old 04-26-2019, 01:31 PM   #96
MTK
\m/

Quote:

Winning games, consistent playoff appearances with some playoff wins

A good 3 year stretch would help a lot

Old 04-26-2019, 01:41 PM   #97
sandtrapjack
The Starter

Quote:
Cards, Giants, Bengals, Dolphins

Cards did not need a QB. They traded a couple of draft picks last year to move up for Rosen and he is still under his rookie deal. New coach wanted (did not need) Murray.

Giants...needed QB. They got Jones

Bengals....do not NEED a QB. Dalton is only 31. Never know, however, they might offer a third for Rosen?

Dolphins.....have made no attempt at disguising the fact that they are in full fledged "Tanking for Tua" mode and will go after Tua in next years draft.
Old 04-26-2019, 04:03 PM   #98
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Cards did not need a QB. They traded a couple of draft picks last year to move up for Rosen and he is still under his rookie deal. New coach wanted (did not need) Murray.

Giants...needed QB. They got Jones

Bengals....do not NEED a QB. Dalton is only 31. Never know, however, they might offer a third for Rosen?

Dolphins.....have made no attempt at disguising the fact that they are in full fledged "Tanking for Tua" mode and will go after Tua in next years draft.
You're making this way too hard for yourself. All 4 of those teams were potential landing spots for QBs. And needless to say the Cards even took a QB. My point remains if Haskins was some sort of slam dunk prospect he would have went much earlier.
Old 04-26-2019, 04:04 PM   #99
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Some thought on Haskins a while ago............

http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=64337&page=2
Old 04-26-2019, 04:10 PM   #100
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
You're making this way too hard for yourself. All 4 of those teams were potential landing spots for QBs. And needless to say the Cards even took a QB. My point remains if Haskins was some sort of slam dunk prospect he would have went much earlier.
I agree. Please understand not questioning ability here teams have "systems" and styles and certain QB's fit a certain style Haskins was never going to fit into Shurmur's system it was all so not a secrete that the Skins liked Jones so NY moved up ,no way he would have been there at #16 . I am fine with it and I think NY did well on it's other two first round picks. I think the Cards have screwed up ,the value for Rosen is falling .
Old 04-26-2019, 04:13 PM   #101
BigHairedAristocrat
Playmaker

So now that we know that Rosen is going to go to Miami for their 2nd round pick, we can discuss what we'd rather have had:

What we did: Haskins (15) and Sweat (26) with no 2nd rounder next year.

OR

What we could have done: Sweat (15), Rosen with our 2nd, and we keep our 2nd next year.

Personally, i'm happy with what we've done. The more I read about Rosen, the more I doubt he has the potential to be an elite QB. Haskins could be a bust, but i could also see him developing into an elite QB. Rosen would condemn us to continued mediocrity. To me, the chance of having a true franchise QB is worth the added cost of our 2020 2nd rounder.
Dolphins get good press for saving drowning humans.But we only hear about the swimmers theyve pushed ashore.You know who we havent heard from: all the people theyve pushed out to sea.Dolphins dont know what theyre doing-they just like pushing things.
Old 04-26-2019, 04:19 PM   #102
BigHairedAristocrat
Playmaker

Quote:
Respect is earned over time. The team has been a constant circus for 20 years. The redskins have worked very hard to build up their reputation of being dysfunctional. The first round of one draft that appears to be good during the moment doesn't - and shouldn't - change that.

And lets not forget - 7 years ago we drafted a first round QB who was going to save the franchise and Snyder ruined it by meddling and empowering him to be a diva. Haskins is a local kid who went to the same school as Snyder's son and Snyder reportedly was the driving force behind our drafting him.

Do you think Snyder is more or less likely to meddle with Haskins than he did with RG3?

If Snyder doesn't stay of the way, this situation could very quickly turn toxic.
Dolphins get good press for saving drowning humans.But we only hear about the swimmers theyve pushed ashore.You know who we havent heard from: all the people theyve pushed out to sea.Dolphins dont know what theyre doing-they just like pushing things.
Old 04-26-2019, 04:24 PM   #103
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHairedAristocrat View Post
Respect is earned over time. The team has been a constant circus for 20 years. The redskins have worked very hard to build up their reputation of being dysfunctional. The first round of one draft that appears to be good during the moment doesn't - and shouldn't - change that.

And lets not forget - 7 years ago we drafted a first round QB who was going to save the franchise and Snyder ruined it by meddling and empowering him to be a diva. Haskins is a local kid who went to the same school as Snyder's son and Snyder reportedly was the driving force behind our drafting him.

Do you think Snyder is more or less likely to meddle with Haskins than he did with RG3?

If Snyder doesn't stay of the way, this situation could very quickly turn toxic.
..........add in the possibility if you get a "new HC next year"?
Old 04-26-2019, 04:27 PM   #104
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHairedAristocrat View Post

I feel that there has to be someone in the FO that did a good job at reaching a compromise on what Dan/Bruce/Doug wanted vs. what Jay and the coaching staff wanted (maybe Kyle Smith). I think the old dysfunctional Redskins would not have been patient with Haskins, baited the Giants into reaching for Jones, and traded back into the first round for Sweat.
R.I.P. #21
Old 04-26-2019, 04:41 PM   #105
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:

/www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=59&v=26c1yV-iWVQ