Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room

Should we be drafting Tua???

Redskins Locker Room

View Poll Results: Should the Redskins take Tua #2 overall?
Yes 7 15.56%
No 38 84.44%
Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-09-2020, 06:54 PM   #211
skinsfan69
Gamebreaker

Re: Should we be drafting Tua???

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCskinfan82 View Post
JMO people are saying we should take Tua. Why aren't people saying the same thing to the Detroit lions what exactly has Matthew Stafford done for them lately.
Stafford when healthy puts up good numbers and has an elite arm.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 04-09-2020, 06:56 PM   #212
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
Stafford when healthy puts up good numbers and has an elite arm.
But he is getting older and you could have tua sit a year or two then let Stafford go

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2020, 07:45 PM   #213
skinsfan69
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
But he is getting older and you could have tua sit a year or two then let Stafford go

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
Stafford is in his early 30's. Still has plenty of good football left. I don't see the Lions drafting Tua.
Old 04-09-2020, 10:56 PM   #214
EARTHQUAKE2689
You did WHAT?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post

Big statement
Trent Dilfer says a lot of dumb shit

Shameless self-promotion. It is what it is.
EARTHQUAKE2689 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2020, 08:35 AM   #215
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Tua has a ton of talent, his recent serious injuries in the last 22 month disqualifies him as the selection for our pick.

We have the 2nd pick and CY is the top prospect consensus on most teams boards and experts rankings. You stick to the board and if he falls to #2 you draft him.

The Tau conversation is only relevant if Cincy goes CY at one.
Old 04-10-2020, 08:43 AM   #216
skinsfan69
Gamebreaker

Dilfer was saying Tua was special before he ever took a snap at Bama. He runs that elite QB competition that's for the top high school QB's. He's obviously been a NFL Qb for a long time. We're not talking about some scrub off the street.

I just go back to that national championship game he came off the bench as a freshman. Not many guys can do what he did under that kind of pressure.

Off topic but I'm not that impressed with Trevor Lawrence. He doesn't throw the ball with the pin point accuracy that Tua or Burrow does.
Old 04-10-2020, 08:52 AM   #217
KI Skins Fan
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Tua has a ton of talent, his recent serious injuries in the last 22 month disqualifies him as the selection for our pick.

We have the 2nd pick and CY is the top prospect consensus on most teams boards and experts rankings. You stick to the board and if he falls to #2 you draft him.

If Cincy were to do that out of a clear blue sky the draft would get crazy fast. Don't you think that any trade for the first or second pick would have to be >90% worked out before draft day due to its import and complexity?
KI Skins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2020, 09:01 AM   #218
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by KI Skins Fan View Post
If Cincy were to do that out of a clear blue sky the draft would get crazy fast. Don't you think that any trade for the first or second pick would have to be >90% worked out before draft day due to its import and complexity?
Not at all. Most teams have those scenarios ready and I would expect contingency plans for multiple scenarios. Teams will probably talk before the draft more this year just to get some prework done if some scenarios open themselves up.
Old 04-10-2020, 09:02 AM   #219
AnonEmouse
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KI Skins Fan View Post
If Cincy were to do that out of a clear blue sky the draft would get crazy fast. Don't you think that any trade for the first or second pick would have to be >90% worked out before draft day due to its complexity?
Yes, which is why I don't see Cincy or us trading down. Lions are publicly discussing trading their pick, which makes sense even if they do want to take Okudah; sound out the market to see what the best deal is. Advertising that #3 is on offer certainly sniffs of them avoiding drafting Tua.

If we or Cincy were even semi serious about trading down we'd have heard the same. Maybe both teams are playing chicken to see who blinks first and then offering up the top 2 picks once the market for #3, #2 and then #1 is set. But I'd see it more likely that Cincy would lead out on the basis that if you leave it too late, the deals may no longer be there when you offer #1 or #2, because its already been done for #3.
AnonEmouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2020, 09:27 AM   #220
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
Dilfer was saying Tua was special before he ever took a snap at Bama. He runs that elite QB competition that's for the top high school QB's. He's obviously been a NFL Qb for a long time. We're not talking about some scrub off the street.

I just go back to that national championship game he came off the bench as a freshman. Not many guys can do what he did under that kind of pressure.

Off topic but I'm not that impressed with Trevor Lawrence. He doesn't throw the ball with the pin point accuracy that Tua or Burrow does.
Tua on film is as good of a passer as anyone coming out of college.. He's so smart , quick release , vision all that. Which is why I'm a huge fan of his.. I like Dwayne but as far as the two QBs there is no comparison.. Now the same was said about Wentz/Dak but Dak is reliable, if Tua is not then give me Haskins all day

"if you're good at something, never do it for free"- The Joker

skinsfaninok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2020, 10:36 AM   #221
Number44
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post

Yes. Draft Chase Young and don't look back.

If Cincy takes CY or trades the pick to a team that takes CY, there's bound to be teams willing to offer a bundle of picks to get Burrow (or Tua), so you trade down.

Either way, I don't think Tua is the way to go for the Redskins.
Number44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2020, 11:50 AM   #222
sdskinsfan2001
Franchise Player

If the Bengals make the right choice and take the best player (Young), we should trade down and hope Okudah or Simmons is still available. If not, select the best available OT.
Old 04-10-2020, 12:00 PM   #223
SunnySide
Impact Rookie

Rivera was asked specifically about trading the second overall choice.

Young, though, likely won’t be available if Washington trades the pick.

“If you’re going to make a trade and you’re going to go back, that guy you’re going to take at that spot has to be able to make the kind of impact you need to validate missing an opportunity to take a player that’s a high-impact guy,” Rivera said. “In other words, if you’re going to pass up Player A and you go back, and you’re going to take Player D, Player D has to be equal to Player A because if Player A is going to play for you for 10 years and Player D may not, then did you really get value or did you just get a whole bunch of picks? You’ve got to be able to sit there and say that the next guy that I’m going to take is going to be that high-impact guy, and that’s what I’m looking for. That’s what I believe we need is we need a guy that’s going to come in and really change our football team. To me, there’s a few guys on that board that are those kind of players.”​​​

Young is one of those impact players that Rivera referenced without calling the Ohio State edge rusher by name. Gil Brandt of NFL Media calls Young “the surest pick in the first round.”

Young had 16.5 sacks and six forced fumbles last season.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...-in-its-sight/

RR seems to value 1 high impact guy vs multiple draft picks.

I like it.

Skins last all pro ... punter Matt Turk in 1996.

We are the only team without an All Pro named in the last decade.

I want elite, game changing talent. Having a Ryan Kerrigan or Orakpo or Murphy or Preston Smith .. its nice. They are nice players. Kerrigan can take over the right side of an O line against a depth RT and its great. I want a guy who can take over the LT 8-10 games a year.
"We haven't put it together. We've made too many mistakes on game day. But the effort. The effort of the players and the rest of this organization is fantastic," Redskins Team President Bruce Allen said in early October.
SunnySide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2020, 12:03 PM   #224
sdskinsfan2001
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnySide View Post
Rivera was asked specifically about trading the second overall choice.

Young, though, likely won’t be available if Washington trades the pick.

“If you’re going to make a trade and you’re going to go back, that guy you’re going to take at that spot has to be able to make the kind of impact you need to validate missing an opportunity to take a player that’s a high-impact guy,” Rivera said. “In other words, if you’re going to pass up Player A and you go back, and you’re going to take Player D, Player D has to be equal to Player A because if Player A is going to play for you for 10 years and Player D may not, then did you really get value or did you just get a whole bunch of picks? You’ve got to be able to sit there and say that the next guy that I’m going to take is going to be that high-impact guy, and that’s what I’m looking for. That’s what I believe we need is we need a guy that’s going to come in and really change our football team. To me, there’s a few guys on that board that are those kind of players.”​​​

Young is one of those impact players that Rivera referenced without calling the Ohio State edge rusher by name. Gil Brandt of NFL Media calls Young “the surest pick in the first round.”

Young had 16.5 sacks and six forced fumbles last season.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...-in-its-sight/

RR seems to value 1 high impact guy vs multiple draft picks.

I like it.

Skins last all pro ... punter Matt Turk in 1996.

We are the only team without an All Pro named in the last decade.

I want elite, game changing talent. Having a Ryan Kerrigan or Orakpo or Murphy or Preston Smith .. its nice. They are nice players. Kerrigan can take over the right side of an O line against a depth RT and its great. I want a guy who can take over the LT 8-10 games a year.
Can I get an Amen!??
Old 04-10-2020, 12:18 PM   #225
skinsfan69
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
Can I get an Amen!??
I've always been pro drafting Young. Amen brother. My Tua argument was and always will be if you have a chance to draft a true franchise QB then you do it, regardless of whether you have someone like Young on the table. If Tua did not have all the injuries then I'd say take him and trade DH. End of discussion. But that is not the case.