The Best and Worst Of Our Future

Parking Lot

Old 02-05-2013, 07:46 AM   #211
Alvin Walton
Pro Bowl

Re: The Best and Worst Of Our Future

Girl.....worst
Judge best.....

Woman Gives Judge Middle Finger, Gets 30-Day Sentence for Contempt | NBC 6 South Florida

Advertisements
Old 02-05-2013, 09:39 AM   #212
mlmdub130
Playmaker

Braah

'Smash, smash, smash!' – Heroic homeless hitchhiker with hatchet goes viral | Metro News

ST21
mlmdub130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 09:47 AM   #213
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/02/15/sp...b-nytimes&_r=0

Wow. Didn't expect this kind of news concerning him. Maybe the first guy who could make the best AND worst for our future. Sad to say the least. (providing this was indeed a murder)
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 10:58 AM   #214
BigHairedAristocrat
Playmaker

This is old but i just read about it for the first time... W T F

http://http://www.guardian.co.uk/wor...ny.lukeharding

Quote:
Victim of cannibal agreed to be eaten

To the family next door, Armin Meiwes seemed the perfect neighbour. He mowed their lawn, repaired their car and even invited them round for dinner.
Other residents in the small German town of Rotenburg also believed there was nothing odd about the 42-year-old computer expert, whose light burned late into the night inside his creaking mansion. Yesterday, however, Meiwes appeared in court charged with killing - and then frying and eating - another man.

In one of the most extraordinary trials in German criminal history, the self-confessed cannibal admitted that he had met a 43-year-old Berlin engineer, Bernd Brandes, after advertising on the internet, and had chopped him up and eaten him.

It was, he said, something he had wanted to do for a long time. "I always had the fantasy and in the end I fulfilled it," Meiwes told the court on the first day of his trial for murder in the nearby city of Kassel.

Yesterday German prosecutors described how Meiwes had fantasised about killing and devouring someone, including his classmates, from the age of eight.

The desire grew stronger after the death of his mother in 1999, prosecutor Marcus Köhler said.

In March 2001 Meiwes advertised on the internet for a "young well-built man, who wanted to be eaten". Brandes replied.

On the evening of March 9, the two men went up to the bedroom in Meiwes' rambling timbered farmhouse. Mr Brandes swallowed 20 sleeping tablets and half a bottle of schnapps before Meiwes cut off Brandes'...
Dolphins get good press for saving drowning humans.But we only hear about the swimmers theyve pushed ashore.You know who we havent heard from: all the people theyve pushed out to sea.Dolphins dont know what theyre doing-they just like pushing things.
BigHairedAristocrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 01:10 PM   #215
The Goat
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alvin Walton View Post
The judge is a bigger loser than she is. It's the sad and pathetic irony of the criminal justice system, both sides are the low-lifes of our society. If I had to choose between dealing with a crook or a cop I'd choose the crook half a dozen times and the cop six lol.
Old 02-20-2013, 01:24 PM   #216
mredskins
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Goat View Post
The judge is a bigger loser than she is. It's the sad and pathetic irony of the criminal justice system, both sides are the low-lifes of our society. If I had to choose between dealing with a crook or a cop I'd choose the crook half a dozen times and the cop six lol.
Your a moron on so many levels.
Old 02-20-2013, 01:56 PM   #217
RedskinRat
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post
Your a moron on so many levels.
Comedy gold......
RedskinRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 01:58 PM   #218
BigHairedAristocrat
Playmaker

Quote:
Its been a while since you've said something completely nuts. i've missed you, Goat.
Dolphins get good press for saving drowning humans.But we only hear about the swimmers theyve pushed ashore.You know who we havent heard from: all the people theyve pushed out to sea.Dolphins dont know what theyre doing-they just like pushing things.
Old 02-20-2013, 02:40 PM   #219
The Goat
Pro Bowl

My guess is you guys haven't dealt with the criminal justice system much. I've volunteered a great deal through church and non-profit orgs, working with the homeless, chemically dependent, mentally ill, criminal pasts etc. You'll find most of the cops, DAs and judges have no better character than the people they arrest, prosecute, sentence. That's all.
Old 02-20-2013, 02:45 PM   #220
The Goat
Pro Bowl

To be fair, a cop probably saved my bacon once when a mentally ill homeless man I was counseling had a psychotic episode, and was carrying a blade the size of your arm in his trousers.
Old 02-20-2013, 02:55 PM   #221
RedskinRat
Franchise Player

All of us:

Despite our advancements over the last tens or even hundreds of years, some ‘experts’ believe that humans are losing cognitive capabilities and becoming more emotionally unstable. One Stanford University researcher and geneticist, Dr. Gerald Crabtree, believes that our intellectual decline as a race has much to do with adverse genetic mutations. But human intelligence is suffering for other reasons as well.
RedskinRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 02:58 PM   #222
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

It's ok guys, it has a happy ending.

Penelope Soto apologizes for flipping off Judge Jorge Rodriguez-Chomat | wtsp.com

She apologizes. Judge drops contempt and 30 day sentence. All is well in the world.
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 08:03 AM   #223
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
My guess is you guys haven't dealt with the criminal justice system much. I've volunteered a great deal through church and non-profit orgs, working with the homeless, chemically dependent, mentally ill, criminal pasts etc. You'll find most of the cops, DAs and judges have no better character than the people they arrest, prosecute, sentence. That's all.
As someone who has worked in the system and still have alot of lawyer friends around the DC area, I completely understand your point. People are people and after my experience of working there, I put no one on any pedestal regardless of occupation. It taught me alot about people because you see the extremes, people who earn way too much for what they do and the people who have nothing fighting to get something. The most interesting fact is both sides generally dont care. And its reflected in attitude as well as behavior. Dont get wrong there are some who care alot and there mostly behind the scenes. But when it comes down to trust and honesty, no matter how much I like a person "in the system" or their family, I wouldnt trust them about anything.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 09:47 AM   #224
BigHairedAristocrat
Playmaker

There is no excuse for flipping a judge off or saying "F*** you" to him. She's a criminal. He is a judge.

Its the responsibility of every good citizen to show respect to those the government has placed in positions of authority, regardless of how you beleive they are acting. Just because you think a Judge or police officer might not be showing you the courtesy you think you deserve, that does not give you the right to show them disrespect.

Last edited by BigHairedAristocrat; 02-21-2013 at 10:51 AM.
Old 02-21-2013, 09:52 AM   #225
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHairedAristocrat View Post
There is no excuse for flipping a judge off or saying "F*** you" to him. She's a criminal. He is a judge.

Its the responsibility of every good citizen to show respect to those the government has placed in positions of authority, regardless of how you beleive they are acting. Just because you think a Judge or police officer might not be showing you the courtesy you think you deserve, that doesnt not give you the right to show them disrespect.
I would go as far as saying really no one deserves that regardless of who ever they are. I think she certainly got what she deserved and the judge was right to do that.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote