Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Favorite Current Redskin and why?

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 03-08-2004, 12:32 PM   #16
Jamaican'Skin
The Starter

Favorite current Redskin has to be LaVar. He just seems to exude enthusiasm on and off the field. He's the type of player that just gets it done and I like that. I remember when he was upset about the fact that after one of our rivalry games guys were horsing around. I think that shows maturity and team leadership.
Jamaican'Skin is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 03-08-2004, 12:35 PM   #17
backrow
The Starter

Ade!

Ade Fan! I'm not insane. Just Old! My grown kids are not making decisions for me yet!
I saw Ade get burnt more often than not last year. I cringed everytime I saw him in the game because the WR would catch it in front of him and spin out to get more YAC! He must have been very close to OBC and the Defensive Coach last year.

He's gone before training camp ends because we have better coaches who know D, and can evaluate talent!

Smoot, Springs, Bauman, Terrell, and the new guy (Rams), in no particular order, and all are better! That makes five guys I deem a better player than Ade Jimoh, and we won't have 6 CBs on the final roster!
Old 03-08-2004, 12:50 PM   #18
Ade Jimoh Fan Club
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by smootsmack
I'm going to ask the question we're all thinking. Why Ade?
Why Ade Jimoh is my favorite player, by the President of his Fan Club:

1) We need a big, strong corner to cover TO when he cries his way to Philly. From an article written on him: "At 6'2'', 195 pounds, Jimoh excelled in the weight room, bench pressing 355 pounds and squatting 450 pounds."

2) Coach of the Year 2005, Joe Gibs, is looking for "quality character traits". From an Ade article: "Ade has a special quality about himself," said assistant USU strength and conditioning coach Paul Arndorfer. "The harder the workouts are, the harder he trains. He is a great leader, is well respected, and uses the training to make himself and his teammates better."

3) First and foremost, he has a kick-ass name. In some African dialect, it probably means: "Rock of the Defense" or "Corn on the Cob". If you rearrange the letters, you get: "Deja Homi". In ebonics, that means: "Try again, Homey!"

I could go on.....
Ade Jimoh Fan Club is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2004, 01:14 PM   #19
Ade Jimoh Fan Club
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by backrow
Ade Fan! I'm not insane. Just Old! My grown kids are not making decisions for me yet!
I saw Ade get burnt more often than not last year. I cringed everytime I saw him in the game because the WR would catch it in front of him and spin out to get more YAC! He must have been very close to OBC and the Defensive Coach last year.

He's gone before training camp ends because we have better coaches who know D, and can evaluate talent!

Smoot, Springs, Bauman, Terrell, and the new guy (Rams), in no particular order, and all are better! That makes five guys I deem a better player than Ade Jimoh, and we won't have 6 CBs on the final roster!
Yeah, Yeah, Yeah..... all very valid and good points. HOWEVER- can you name one of those five guys that has more upside than Ade Jimoh???

I didn't think so...

He's gotta be the Redskins leader in upside potential! Go Ade!
Ade Jimoh Fan Club is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2004, 03:02 PM   #20
SkinsRock
Impact Rookie

Offense: Coles/Ramsey
Defense: Arrington/Smoot

As you can see, I have trouble picking just one, but all 4 of them have become the players you think of when you think of the Redskins.

Oh yeah, I can't not mention McCants, a local guy that has worked his butt off to get where he is, and is about to fulfill a dream playing for Gibbs.
SkinsRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2004, 03:05 PM   #21
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

I think once people see a few games of Marcus Washington in a Skins uniform he'll emerge as a fan favorite
Old 03-08-2004, 03:19 PM   #22
jdlea
Playmaker

Patrick Ramsey.
The closest thing we've had to a "franchise" QB since Theisman. He's got a great arm, he's tough, and he's smart. Pat's a beast and he'll be the starter next season.
jdlea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2004, 03:26 PM   #23
SkinsRock
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by smootsmack
I think once people see a few games of Marcus Washington in a Skins uniform he'll emerge as a fan favorite
Having him on one side and Lavar on the other is going to be just sick! And if Trotter steps back up to the form he was in Philly, watch out!
I can't wait...
SkinsRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2004, 04:30 PM   #24
johnnyredskin63
Special Teams

i can't pick one,so i'll pick two.one is lavernaus coles because he never quits ever on anyplay,and he played half of last year with a broken foot proving that he put the team before himself.my other fave is lavar arrington,he tries harder than any player i have ever seen and he never quits either.coach joe gibbs is my all time fave redskins ever though because he brought us 3 superbowl trophies.george allen is a close second though.
HAIL TO THE REDSKINS
always remember ladies and germs-THE COWBOYS SUCK
johnnyredskin63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2004, 04:48 PM   #25
itvnetop
Playmaker

i like watching arrington's demeanor when he plays... like during the game against the fins on sunday night, "will the real rickey williams please stand up?" (although they choked and lost that game.

i also like jon jansen's consistency.
itvnetop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2004, 04:55 PM   #26
johnnyredskin63
Special Teams

joe gibbs is the vince lombardi of his era.just like john gruden is the joe gibbs of his era.i hate the bucs,but gruden is one of the top 5 coaches in the league easily.
HAIL TO THE REDSKINS
always remember ladies and germs-THE COWBOYS SUCK
johnnyredskin63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2004, 09:52 PM   #27
skinsfanthru&thru
Playmaker

lavar arrington because I love the way he almost seems to teleport across the field to crunch someone especially when he did that to aikman a couple of years ago. I can live with him overplaying at times because I know he is more than likely going to make up for it in some way or another later on.
skinsfanthru&thru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2004, 10:49 PM   #28
Ghost
Special Teams

By far my favorite Redskins player is Jon Jansen. He typifies everything I like about football. He's a Hog.

But right now my dark horse is ... Ade Jimoh, the very cornerstone of our defense. Did I just say that? I think there's a virus going around or something.
Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2004, 10:50 PM   #29
azskinsfan2
Special Teams

Coles definitely on offense, he's the go to guy and gets it done.
McCants in the red zone, Mr. Touchdown!!!
Smoot on defense. He plays injured and still gets the job done and leads by example!!!
Old 03-08-2004, 11:33 PM   #30
Daseal
Puppy Kicker

Smoot has been my favorite player for years (Cpayne can attest to that) I've always loved his attitude. I make fun of his speech at times, but that's only because I can't ever keep up with him. I think he's great for the team, he gets our team ready to go and makes the opposing teams receivers deaf. There's nothing not to like about this guy. He's tough, plays with heart, and isn't afraid to say how much he fucking hates Dallas. Just like everyone here!

WE WANT DALLAS!
Daseal is offline   Reply With Quote