Locker Room Main Forum

Old 09-19-2018, 08:53 AM   #181
KI Skins Fan
Pro Bowl

Re: Colts-Redskins Postgame Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
How to beat wr picks plays ? Go zone.

All Luck was doing was getting to the line, moving someone or just seeing how we would line up to see if we were in man. So you disguise it or audible out
Yeah, we ought to try that once in a while. Our DC sucks.
KI Skins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 09-19-2018, 09:38 AM   #182
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by KI Skins Fan View Post
Yeah, we ought to try that once in a while. Our DC sucks.
I think Luck is generally overrated at QB, BUT he is a bright guy. The ignorance by Manusky to adjust is simply ego...him and Gruden have this effing ego and I cant figure out why. Are they generally stupid?

Season 5 for Gruden and we are still having Offense performances like that last week.

Its a serious problem imo. a serious problem that he simply will never be a good HC.
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2018, 10:35 AM   #183
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

Quote:
I think Luck is generally overrated at QB, BUT he is a bright guy. The ignorance by Manusky to adjust is simply ego...him and Gruden have this effing ego and I cant figure out why. Are they generally stupid?

Season 5 for Gruden and we are still having Offense performances like that last week.

Its a serious problem imo. a serious problem that he simply will never be a good HC.
He’ll always be overrated on this board no matter what he does.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.

Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2018, 10:53 AM   #184
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Luck is not a bust but he's not the elite QB I thought he was going to be, I admit he turns it over way too much for that
Old 09-19-2018, 11:30 AM   #185
jamf
Pro Bowl

Quote:

I think they don't have the stones to roll the dice on high risk high reward plays.

Everything seems to be telegraphed because they are always playing the percentages.
jamf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2018, 12:13 PM   #186
metalskins
The Starter

Quote:

Way too early to throw the season into the toilet. Having said that, I do understand the concern of seeing how badly this team performed against the Colts, and looking at the teams the 'skins have to face in the upcoming weeks - it can be a death nail in the coffin of Gruden's coaching career with the 'skins, or it could turn out to be an impressive turnaround. I can't blame everything on Gruden and I won't. I can point out so many adverse, unwinnable situations that Gruden has had to take this team through - things beyond his control. But, I wont say he's totally innocent either. This team has to have 10 wins this season. I believe that. I think that is the only way Gruden keeps his job.
Old 09-19-2018, 12:33 PM   #187
FrenchSkin
Playmaker

Quote:
How to beat wr picks plays ? Go zone.

All Luck was doing was getting to the line, moving someone or just seeing how we would line up to see if we were in man. So you disguise it or audible out
Agreed, this I was I'm more mad at the DC than the players...
Old 09-19-2018, 01:43 PM   #188
Burgold
Special Teams

This is what happens when you don't play your starters during preseason,since when did we get so good that we could just rest folks in preseason,they're out of shape and rhythm,the great Vince Lombardi said-IF YOU QUIT ON ME NOW YOU'LL QUIT ON ME IN THE FOURTH QUARTER OF A BIG GAME these pampered soft ass players today they get hit and roll on the ground like they been shot,then after they get their[face time]they jump up and sprint off the field,and yes I know it's a different day but basically the game is still-RUNNING-CATCHING -TACKLING..the Skins season is over..and you heard it here first!!
Burgold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2018, 05:42 PM   #189
SolidSnake84
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalskins View Post
Way too early to throw the season into the toilet. Having said that, I do understand the concern of seeing how badly this team performed against the Colts, and looking at the teams the 'skins have to face in the upcoming weeks - it can be a death nail in the coffin of Gruden's coaching career with the 'skins, or it could turn out to be an impressive turnaround. I can't blame everything on Gruden and I won't. I can point out so many adverse, unwinnable situations that Gruden has had to take this team through - things beyond his control. But, I wont say he's totally innocent either. This team has to have 10 wins this season. I believe that. I think that is the only way Gruden keeps his job.
Me personally I think Gruden has to make the playoffs in order to keep his job. 10 wins and missing the playoffs might still keep him safe. 9 wins would have to be a big discussion. Less than 9 wins, no way. Most of his talk over the summer i took as "we are primed to win right now". Even telling Alex that we aren't building the team around him, we've already built the team and just need him to lead it. Like all we were missing was the QB.
Old 09-20-2018, 12:56 AM   #190
el.jeffe58
Camp Scrub

Awful play. I am discouraged about Alex, the insane amount of RB injuries, Jay, and oh my , it was a horrific performance.
Old 09-20-2018, 08:35 AM   #191
#56fanatic
The Starter

this game was what we as Redskins should be used to by now. We play a pretty good game, come back home with a chance to really make an early statement, and we shit the bed. Its been this way for 20+ years. I dont know what it is - is it coaching, players, scheme, front office? But whatever it is, its a contagious infection that seems to linger around Redskin Park.
Gruden definitely needs to make the playoffs to keep his job, I dont think there is any question on that. Personally i think he is starting to fall in that Norv Turner mode. Good offensive mind, but for some reason we can't get out of that 7-9 / 9-7 rut. I dont want to start talking coaching change already, as I personally think last year was his best coaching job since coming here - but his ass needs to win games. And what we put on tape this past Sunday was embarrassing.
#56fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2018, 12:57 PM   #192
FWD Skins
Impact Rookie

I didn't get to see the second game after watching the first. But I see we have returned to typical Redskin type activities. SMH
FWD Skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2018, 01:12 PM   #193
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by FWD Skins View Post
I didn't get to see the second game after watching the first. But I see we have returned to typical Redskin type activities. SMH
If you didn't see the game, don't go back and watch it.
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote