Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Coronavirus (sports edition) thread

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 12-14-2021, 10:11 AM   #436
SunnySide
Playmaker

Re: Coronavirus (sports edition) thread

Montez vaxxed or not .... covid at some point during the season was inevitable.

I dont blame Montez for this.

I do blame the unvaxxed players bc I do think it limits how effective they can be in the film room, weight room and in their unit groups. UNvaxxed players cant eat with their team, have to have special times in weight room, limits on how many in a film room?

No doubt unvaxxed players took away from prep time and quality of prep time.
SunnySide is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 12-14-2021, 10:12 AM   #437
AnonEmouse
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief X_Phackter View Post
There's an uptick in cases all over the planet though, so this isn't something that is isolated to WFT. Every team has been hit, some harder than others. Contrary to what some want to believe, this is just our world right now.
Yeah, 25 active players and 11 on PS alone, never mind staff having contracted it. Blaming any one player isn't constructive (how do we know he didn't contract it from, say, a staffer?), and blaming their vax status for contracting it is missing the point; vax helps at least prevent the worst effects setting in, and to some extent slowing the spreading of the virus, so its a good thing. But while it may stop you being a carrier/infected, that's not guaranteed. Everyone one should consider everyone else and get vaxxed, but I don't like the idea of forcing vaccination.

https://www.nfl.com/news/36-players-...ashington-staf
AnonEmouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2021, 10:21 AM   #438
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Unvaccinated people are much more likely to spread it than vaccinated, that’s just a fact

Seemed like to me Sweat got popped and then all these other guys mostly other DEs and Allen had to sit cause of getting it or close contact.

Seems like Sweat is likely the spreader right?

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2021, 10:39 AM   #439
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
That's pure speculation.
Chief X_Phackter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2021, 10:50 AM   #440
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
That's pure speculation.
Spreadculation - internet experts best guesses to blame missed games, practices,etc. on the the inability to properly source the covid patient zero in a football team. Related: Internet Doctors, internet Virologist

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2021, 11:36 AM   #441
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Unvaccinated people are much more likely to spread it than vaccinated, that’s just a fact

Seemed like to me Sweat got popped and then all these other guys mostly other DEs and Allen had to sit cause of getting it or close contact.

Hadn’t really thought about them being mostly d line guys. Speculation? Of course. Speculation that also makes a whole lot of sense? Most definitely.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2021, 11:49 AM   #442
SunnySide
Playmaker

Unvaxxed players that test negative but came in close contact with a positive test player (Sweat, Allen) have to quarantine for 5 days.

We know Allen tested positive ... if some DL guys are unvaxxed but test negative, they only are out 5 days.

Radio said about 20% of players who were vaxxed but tested positive returned before the 10 days bc they had 2 negative tests within 24 hours.
SunnySide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2021, 12:00 PM   #443
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

The team went from the beginning of August to mid-December without any COVID issues. There is an increase in cases literally everywhere lately, so it makes sense that there would also be an increase in cases throughout the NFL.

In a span of five days three D linemen, two LBs, and a TE were placed on the Reserve/COVID-19 list, and a staffer tested positive. I don't understand the point of trying to determine who was "patient zero".
Old 12-14-2021, 12:05 PM   #444
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
The team went from the beginning of August to mid-December without any COVID issues. There is an increase in cases literally everywhere lately, so it makes sense that there would also be an increase in cases throughout the NFL.

In a span of five days three D linemen, two LBs, and a TE were placed on the Reserve/COVID-19 list, and a staffer tested positive. I don't understand the point of trying to determine who was "patient zero".

Well I think the point was that Sweats decision not to get vaccinated might cost us a game or two. Possibly the playoffs. I said might because like you said it is speculation. But also like Chico said it spreads easier from the unvaxxed (sweat).

So, all thoughts on personal choice aside, it is definitely a possibility that Sweats personal choice can maybe cost us wins and or the playoffs. Makes me wonder why, if you know a player is unvaccinated that u allow him to be around the team and possibly affect others? I mean with Rodgers it’s obvious. They would lose without him. We don’t exactly need sweat to win games. Just a shitty situation if he took down others with himself. Nobody can force him to get vaccinated but couldn’t they have just kept him away from the team? We could really use those other d linemen.

Edit: fyi im trying to be as cordial as possible and leave my thoughts on personal choice / vaccines out of the equation before this conversation goes south. Hope it comes across that way.
Old 12-14-2021, 12:18 PM   #445
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
This isn't clear at all. It's just picking the lowest hanging fruit.

Well if we know the unvaccinated can spread it easier, and we know Sweat is unvaccinated, and we know that others on the d line who are vaccinated did get it, than i think it is a pretty safe bet.
I just think that if you are unvaccinated it should be an option to keep the guy/guys away from the facility. Strictly based on business here not my feelings about choosing to remain unvaccinated.

If I am on the same page as chico and it isn’t about football or music it has to be more than just low hanging fruit. Lol
Old 12-14-2021, 12:30 PM   #446
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
And it's a huge difference with vaccinated vs not as far as being able to get back into the lineup more quickly. If you're vaccinated two negative tests in a 24 hr period and you're back. Non vaccinated you're out 10 days at a minimum. So let's not just toss up our hands and say oh well, this is just our world right now.

Everyone doing their best to act like there is just nothing we can do.

Reminds me of that old adage,…

Guy is on his roof because the town is flooded. A boat comes along and the guy says “no thanks God will save me”.
Helicopter comes “no thanks God will save me”.
Guy drowns and goes to heaven and asks God why he didn’t save him?
God says I sent a boat and a helicopter dude.

Vaccines are our boat / helicopter out of this mess but we gonna sit on the roof and curse covid instead.
Old 12-14-2021, 12:53 PM   #447
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
Well I think the point was that Sweats decision not to get vaccinated might cost us a game or two. Possibly the playoffs. I said might because like you said it is speculation. But also like Chico said it spreads easier from the unvaxxed (sweat).

So, all thoughts on personal choice aside, it is definitely a possibility that Sweats personal choice can maybe cost us wins and or the playoffs. Makes me wonder why, if you know a player is unvaccinated that u allow him to be around the team and possibly affect others? I mean with Rodgers it’s obvious. They would lose without him. We don’t exactly need sweat to win games. Just a shitty situation if he took down others with himself. Nobody can force him to get vaccinated but couldn’t they have just kept him away from the team? We could really use those other d linemen.

Edit: fyi im trying to be as cordial as possible and leave my thoughts on personal choice / vaccines out of the equation before this conversation goes south. Hope it comes across that way.
It does, and I'm not interested in taking the conversation south. I just think it's pointless to try to pin this "outbreak" on one person, and then blame him for costing the team games / potential playoff berth. They lost to Dallas because Dallas was the better team for 50 minutes of that game. Sweat wasn't going to change that. Hell, people have been going on and on here about how the defense has played better without him and CY. The defense wasn't even close to the reason why they lost that game. We don't know who is playing on Sunday yet, or who is going to win, but the loss is already seemingly Sweat's fault...

To me it's like blaming my wife for causing my daughter to miss her choir solo, because she tested positive for COVID - which required my daughter to to quarantine due to being a close contact. It wasn't my wife's fault she contracted COVID. It's just our world right now.
Old 12-14-2021, 12:59 PM   #448
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
Well if we know the unvaccinated can spread it easier, and we know Sweat is unvaccinated, and we know that others on the d line who are vaccinated did get it, than i think it is a pretty safe bet.
I just think that if you are unvaccinated it should be an option to keep the guy/guys away from the facility. Strictly based on business here not my feelings about choosing to remain unvaccinated.

If I am on the same page as chico and it isn’t about football or music it has to be more than just low hanging fruit. Lol
This is actually a very compelling argument. My mind is blown.

sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2021, 01:12 PM   #449
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
It does, and I'm not interested in taking the conversation south. I just think it's pointless to try to pin this "outbreak" on one person, and then blame him for costing the team games / potential playoff berth. They lost to Dallas because Dallas was the better team for 50 minutes of that game. Sweat wasn't going to change that. Hell, people have been going on and on here about how the defense has played better without him and CY. The defense wasn't even close to the reason why they lost that game. We don't know who is playing on Sunday yet, or who is going to win, but the loss is already seemingly Sweat's fault...

To me it's like blaming my wife for causing my daughter to miss her choir solo, because she tested positive for COVID - which required my daughter to to quarantine due to being a close contact. It wasn't my wife's fault she contracted COVID. It's just our world right now.

Well to be fair, I again, as much as i want to, am leaving Sweats personal decision alone. So Let’s look at like this instead. You’re wife decides not to get vaccinated like Sweat. She proceeds to spend time around the choir, and several other choir members get it. Now the choir cannot function to the best of it’s ability.
Maybe Sweat, or your wife should have stayed away from the team/choir?
Which brings us back to speculation about whether
Sweat is the guy who infected the others.

As far as Sweat being the reason we lost or might lose….
I said earlier that Sweat alone isn’t costing us games, but the others that he infected along with himself..,well that could very well cost us games. You wanna not get vaccinated? Stay away from the team.
Old 12-14-2021, 01:27 PM   #450
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

Ok, because I thought you said that the point was that Sweat's decision not to get vaccinated might cost us a game or two, and possibly the playoffs, but I see that you meant that he could take down others because of his decision.

Anyway, the NFL says he doesn't have to stay away from the team, he just has to follow different rules than those that are vaccinated. Just like Aaron Rodgers, who seemingly gets a pass because of who he is and what he means to his team. I'm sure if Aaron Rodgers was on this team, the tune a lot of people are singing in here would be different.