Locker Room Main Forum

Closed Thread

Old 01-18-2018, 12:33 PM   #61
RobH4413
Wildcard Bitches

Re: The FINAL Kirk Cousins Saga thread. 5.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillH View Post
I still think they should Transition Tag him (if he won't sign a reasonable but legitimate offer first). Then, let him know that as he tests the market that they will be willing to match just about any offer. When he finds the right offer from a team he wants to go to and accepts it, match, but if he wants to leave, they can work with that team to negotiate a trade.

The two risks that exist are:

1. Being on the hook for 28mil next year (beats 34 mil).

2. Another team front loads a deal so that we can't match. Tyre are very few teams that could afford to do this. If I remember correctly, it really is just the Jets and Cleveland. I doubt he'd choose either of those situations over Washington.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
I've had a bit of a change of heart on this one. Perhaps they will, but I don't think they should transition him.

1) No more 1 YR deal nonsense; I'm over it, we're over it, Jay is over it, Kirk is over it. Let's move on.

2) Cousins has said he wants to make up his own mind, and choose where he wants to go. Let's let him.

I do not want him here anymore if he doesn't want to be here. Let's publicly offer him a fair deal right at 5 YR - $28M/YR, and let him choose where he wants to go. Say to him we want to support you and build around you.

Advertisements
Old 01-18-2018, 12:59 PM   #62
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobH4413 View Post
I've had a bit of a change of heart on this one. Perhaps they will, but I don't think they should transition him.

1) No more 1 YR deal nonsense; I'm over it, we're over it, Jay is over it, Kirk is over it. Let's move on.

2) Cousins has said he wants to make up his own mind, and choose where he wants to go. Let's let him.

I do not want him here anymore if he doesn't want to be here. Let's publicly offer him a fair deal right at 5 YR - $28M/YR, and let him choose where he wants to go. Say to him we want to support you and build around you.
If you did this right off the bat when we are first able to and Cousins says no and doesn't even counter offer....then its obvious, he doesn't want to be here. That's kinda why I would franchise him cause Im then convinced he would take less than the 34 mil franchise tag

He Gets Us
Old 01-18-2018, 01:00 PM   #63
MTK
\m/

Yeah enough dicking around with tags.

Give him a strong offer right off the bat if you want to keep him.

Otherwise prepare to lose him.
Old 01-18-2018, 01:15 PM   #64
Schneed10
A Dude

Yeah I want my quarterback bought in. Either you want to lead this team, or you don't. If you don't, fine no hard feelings. But I need to know, and I'm moving on if you don't.

Here's a 5-year $25M per year offer with three full seasons guaranteed. Do you want to be a Redskin or not? Please respond by March 6.

That's it. Your leader either goes all in or he's not your leader.
Old 01-18-2018, 01:25 PM   #65
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobH4413 View Post

28 million is just too much for Kirk. There has to be a hard line number. He doesn't deserve a 4 million a year pay raise.
Old 01-18-2018, 01:34 PM   #66
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
28 million is just too much for Kirk. There has to be a hard line number. He doesn't deserve a 4 million a year pay raise.
The market calls for 26M, that to me is a fair deal. If he says no to that, well then he can fuck off
Old 01-18-2018, 02:31 PM   #67
Skins4L
Impact Rookie

The way this team mishandled Kirk is disgusting. The football karma off the idiocy is at staggering levels.

This year draft is so poor for QBs too. None of guaranteed to develop. The kid baker sucks he reminds me of Mark Sanchez and Manziel rolled into one turd.
Old 01-18-2018, 02:31 PM   #68
Skins4L
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
The market calls for 26M, that to me is a fair deal. If he says no to that, well then he can fuck off
Very true though.
Old 01-18-2018, 02:51 PM   #69
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skins4L View Post
The way this team mishandled Kirk is disgusting. The football karma off the idiocy is at staggering levels.

This year draft is so poor for QBs too. None of guaranteed to develop. The kid baker sucks he reminds me of Mark Sanchez and Manziel rolled into one turd.
Ive noticed he gets emotional too. Where in the attributes of QB is crying ever good? I can see Mel Kiper list attributes and hear him talking now...hearing all the typical jargon/hype draft day:

Big Arm, he can make all the throws, good on the run, gunslinger, not afraid to cry, playmaker

He Gets Us
Old 01-18-2018, 02:52 PM   #70
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meks View Post
Lmao you really think ppl are still salty about that? - -I can't say i will be "happy" when kirk leaves - but i wil be glad in the way that hey if thats his choice then we will save a lot of cap space. I'm so up in the air tho I have supported kirk very much until starting to waiver after the week 17 giants game... and then this season which while hard to judge, was still a season. Its a tough situation and i hope w.ever happens is for the best for the franchise.
I agree "happy" isn't the right term if he leaves, and there are two underlying parts, 1st is the fact that every fan will be relieved once the indecision is over and a final final revised final outcome is known; 2nd is whether he left because the Skins didn't ante up, or because he was looking for an overboard contract. I don't want him here at 34M, but anything 28 and less is reasonable and hopefully he takes it.
Old 01-18-2018, 03:12 PM   #71
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

The Manziel comparison is just lazy, nobody in the media or analysts have said this, it just caught wind because he's a shorter QB that makes plays with his legs and is hyped up all the time. Manziel is a druggy and drunk, when has Baker been arrested or accused of being on coke?

Johnny might have been a good NFL QB if he could have laid off the pipe we will never know.
Old 01-18-2018, 03:18 PM   #72
Meks
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10 View Post
Yeah I want my quarterback bought in. Either you want to lead this team, or you don't. If you don't, fine no hard feelings. But I need to know, and I'm moving on if you don't.

Here's a 5-year $25M per year offer with three full seasons guaranteed. Do you want to be a Redskin or not? Please respond by March 6.

Ditto.
R.I.P #21SEAN TAYLOR
Old 01-18-2018, 03:22 PM   #73
KI Skins Fan
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10 View Post

I could get behind a solid offer like this one. $75M in guarantees is very hefty, indeed!

I think the deadline is a team need at this point because we need to be able put a decent QB room together with or without Kirk and we also need to know what our FA budget will be so we can move ahead with other FA signings. No tag!
Old 01-18-2018, 05:44 PM   #74
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

If he dies, he dies (if he leaves, he leaves)

Old 01-18-2018, 08:45 PM   #75
WillH
The Starter

https://scout.com/nfl/denver-broncos...cial-113893682

Interesting, but not especially novel. If Scott thought he was special they would have accepted his counter offer after 2015. As much as some wanted to believe that Scott was fighting with the FO to try to keep Cousins here, that he was the visionary that knew the year to year wouldn't work, based on what Cousins and McCloughan have said this off season, that doesn't add up.

It sounds more like Kirk overvalued himself after a strong second half of a season, Scott and the rest of the FO said prove it while we build a winning team around you, and then he outplayed statistically the value of his talent in their eyes, and ultimately it doesn't sound like Scott would pay him now, which isn't surprising given his philosophy on QBs.

If McCloughan sees the same in Cousins that the FO does, does that make losing him any more palatable to you?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk