Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Would you rather be 0-2

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 09-21-2009, 02:58 PM   #1
Ferrari
Camp Scrub

Would you rather be 0-2

Maybe I'm just too much of a half full type of person, But by the vibes on the warpath you would think that we were WINLESS (Rams, Titans, Bucs, Dolphins, Jaguars, Chiefs, Panthers, Lions, Browns). At the end of every season you look back at every game and say "if we just won that one game we would've made it to the playofffs" (Rams game last year). A win is a win lets go to Detroit next week put up 38 and stay focused.

And our defense is GREAT after seeing what Eli did to the Cowboys last night in comparison to us, and how we almost ended Marc Bulgers season on sunday. I'm very encouraged about the rest of the season.

So I ask would you rather be 0-2??? The Patriots put up 3fgs and got a L......
Ferrari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 03:00 PM   #2
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Re: Would you rather be 0-2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferrari View Post
Maybe I'm just too much of a half full type of person, But by the vibes on the warpath you would think that we were WINLESS (Rams, Titans, Bucs, Dolphins, Jaguars, Chiefs, Panthers, Lions, Browns). At the end of every season you look back at every game and say "if we just won that one game we would've made it to the playofffs" (Rams game last year). A win is a win lets go to Detroit next week put up 38 and stay focused.

And our defense is GREAT after seeing what Eli did to the Cowboys last night in comparison to us, and how we almost ended Marc Bulgers season on sunday. I'm very encouraged about the rest of the season.

So I ask would you rather be 0-2??? The Patriots put up 3fgs and got a L......
The answer is no. Good perspective there.
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 03:05 PM   #3
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

And I make pointless threads? wtf
Old 09-21-2009, 03:10 PM   #4
cpayne5
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
Yeah, you do. This one isn't bad.
Old 09-21-2009, 06:36 PM   #5
Lotus
Fire Bruce NOW

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
Dude, no offense and with all due respect...but it is not so much that you make threads that are pointless in terms of content. The problem is that you make threads on subjects that are already being discussed. Your problem is one of repeats.
Vinny's overall Redskins record: 62-82 (.430)
We won more with Vinny
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 03:05 PM   #6
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

No one would rather be 0-2, of course. The difference between us scoring 9 points and winning and the Patriots scoring 9 points and losing is that the Pats were facing the Brian Schottenheimer led Jets offense!!!!

Seriously though, the difference is that history (the past year and a half) says the 9 points was an anomaly for the Patriots and they will bounce back with relative ease. I don't think we've found that confidence yet with our Redskins
Old 09-21-2009, 03:21 PM   #7
GMScud
Swearinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
No one would rather be 0-2, of course. The difference between us scoring 9 points and winning and the Patriots scoring 9 points and losing is that the Pats were facing the Brian Schottenheimer led Jets offense!!!!

Seriously though, the difference is that history (the past year and a half) says the 9 points was an anomaly for the Patriots and they will bounce back with relative ease. I don't think we've found that confidence yet with our Redskins
Agreed about what history says. Speaking of history, going to back the second half of last season, we're 3-7, and seem to have all of the same problems with nearly identical personnel. Turnovers are few, sacks seem awfully tough to come by, we can't score touchdowns to save our lives, and we have an old, injury prone O-line with terrible depth.

I was listening to 980am today on the way home from BWI, and I've spent the last hour or so reading this board. I've seen and heard a bunch of "it's only 2 games" comments. It's not 2 games, it's 10. No more excuses. Kevin Sheehan said how "we're so close to finding those game changing sacks and turnovers," and "getting hung up on only scoring 9 points is a shortsighted view." I strongly disagree. The time is now. This current regime has had 9 preseason and 18 regular season games to figure it out, and it's not coming together. This isn't horseshoes. I don't give a damn about "close."

I'm SO SICK of hearing crap like, "gosh our offense can really move the ball, but..." No more buts. We don't score. We just don't. Points win games, not yards. It needs to change right away.

I think Zorn's leash can be measured in inches, not feet right now. Get it together or get out JZ. My patience is gone.

Last edited by GMScud; 09-21-2009 at 03:35 PM.
GMScud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 03:47 PM   #8
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMScud View Post
Agreed about what history says. Speaking of history, going to back the second half of last season, we're 3-7, and seem to have all of the same problems with nearly identical personnel. Turnovers are few, sacks seem awfully tough to come by, we can't score touchdowns to save our lives, and we have an old, injury prone O-line with terrible depth.

I was listening to 980am today on the way home from BWI, and I've spent the last hour or so reading this board. I've seen and heard a bunch of "it's only 2 games" comments. It's not 2 games, it's 10. No more excuses. Kevin Sheehan said how "we're so close to finding those game changing sacks and turnovers," and "getting hung up on only scoring 9 points is a shortsighted view." I strongly disagree. The time is now. This current regime has had 9 preseason and 18 regular season games to figure it out, and it's not coming together.

I'm SO SICK of hearing crap like, "gosh our offense can really move the ball, but..." No more buts. We don't score. We just don't. Points win games, not yards. It needs to change right away.

I think Zorn's leash can be measured in inches, not feet right now. Get it together or get out JZ. My patience is gone.
we won didn't we?

last year at the end of the season, we were not moving the ball effectively, especially, from the 50 to the 20, and Zorn in the offseason said he was focusing on fixing that. we moved the ball effectively in both games in that area of the field.

I would call it medium rare right now. a little more seasoning, and we might get some well done out of it.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 03:52 PM   #9
GTripp0012
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
we won didn't we?

last year at the end of the season, we were not moving the ball effectively, especially, from the 50 to the 20, and Zorn in the offseason said he was focusing on fixing that. we moved the ball effectively in both games in that area of the field.

I would call it medium rare right now. a little more seasoning, and we might get some well done out of it.
I think it was you that mentioned this before, but there's a big difference between an offense that sees it's long drives fizzle out on the edge of FG range, and one that gets inside the ten before things fall apart.

The difference, of course, is that in spite of the playcalling, the Redskins got three throws into the end zone yesterday (1 of them by Portis), and had a 0% success rate. Keep getting 3-5 throws into the end zone a game and we're going to beat a lot of teams.

Last year, we usually had one or two drives into the red zone in a game, and thusly, 20 points would have been a solid effort. Now, we're on the verge of 3 TDs a game, and while that doesn't sound like much, it's the difference between 16 PPG (1 TD, 3 FG) and 24 PPG (3 TD, 1 FG), if we execute.

The point is we didn't just make it inside the red zone 4 times, we made it inside the ten 4 times.
Old 09-21-2009, 04:00 PM   #10
GMScud
Swearinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
we won didn't we?

Sure, we beat a god awful team by 2 in our house and didn't score a TD. The week before we lost to a Giants team that played a pretty mediocre game. We play like this the rest of the way and .500 is a stretch.

From the 50 to the 20? So what? Again, points win games, not yards. Zorn should be focused on fixing moving the ball from wherever our possession begins to the endzone.

We were just barely good enough to beat a doormat. Even during our 6-2 start last year, our largest margin of victory was 8 over the winless Lions. Even when "successful" in this offense points have been scarce, and it doesn't look a ton better right now.

Moving the ball well outside of the redzone only to stall repeatedly doesn't exactly give me the warm and fuzzies.
Old 09-21-2009, 04:02 PM   #11
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
We beat a god awful team by 2 in our house and didn't score a TD. From the 50 to the 20? So what? Again, points win games, not yards. Zorn should be focused on fixing moving the ball from wherever our possession begins to the endzone.

We were just barely good enough to beat a doormat. Even during our 6-2 start last year, our largest margin of victory was 8 over the winless Lions. Even when "successful" in this offense points have been scarce, and it doesn't look a ton better right now.

Moving the ball well outside of the redzone only stall repeatedly doesn't exactly give me the warm and fuzzies.
the goal is to win. we did that yesterday.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 05:05 PM   #12
Defensewins
Playmaker

Quote:

I was listening to 980am today on the way home from BWI, and I've spent the last hour or so reading this board. I've seen and heard a bunch of "it's only 2 games" comments. It's not 2 games, it's 10. No more excuses. Kevin Sheehan said how "we're so close to finding those game changing sacks and turnovers," and "getting hung up on only scoring 9 points is a shortsighted view." I strongly disagree. The time is now. This current regime has had 9 preseason and 18 regular season games to figure it out, and it's not coming together. This isn't horseshoes. I don't give a damn about "close."

This post is excellent. It is exactly how I feel about the Jim Zorn Redskins of this year and last year.
Yes, the sky is not falling. I am not panicking.
I am frustrated to see a talented Redskins team not perform up to their talent level. That is on the coaches and the players.
Many people get upset on this site when the Redskins do not get the respect from the national media in power rankings or other print.
Well taking a "win is a win" attitude is not going to gain you respect. Playing good/sound football will. Even if you lose to a really good team but you play well, there is nothing to be ashamed of. I was embarrassed as a Redskins fan on Sunday. I hope not to say this against the Lions.
I hope the offense finds its spark and the pass rush becomes consistent and ferocious. We are so close to being a really good team. Campbell and Zorn's necks are stretched out right now. It is do or die time for them as Redskins.
Defensewins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 03:23 PM   #13
firstdown
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post

If you ask me it looks like Brady is playing not to get hit. Brady before his injury stepped up into pressure to make a pass and now he is going back away from pressure to make a pass. So until Brady gets comfortable in the pocket they could struggle and no one knows how long that could take.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 03:11 PM   #14
diehard
The Starter

We were 6-2 at midseason last year and we were still hoping the team would get better....
diehard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 03:14 PM   #15
MTK
\m/

I do think we need to get some perspective here. A win is always better than a loss.