Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Burn it down: Redskins - Cowboys Post Game Central

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 12-01-2017, 12:54 AM   #1
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Burn it down: Redskins - Cowboys Post Game Central

Someone wanna clue me why the fire Jay Gruden train is rolling right now? I fast forwarded after it hit 24-7.

Shouts out to hot garbage Jamison Crowder. That one nice play coming back to the ball notwithstanding, his shoddy hands directly lead to 10 points and setting the tone for Dallas at the start of the game. If I'm Jay Gruden, I'm benching him until he figures out this shitty hands issue. It's beyond tiring.

Kirk, even with a flaming ball of garbage offensive line in front of him, managed to make some things happen. Shouts out to him, esp on the first td drive. QB play like that doesn't come cheap.

Honestly, I'm having a hard time figuring out why Jay Gruden is to blame when our injuries seemed to just catch up with us. Poor defensive play, I mean when A.J. Francis is getting big minutes, and we barely have enough bodies to cover defensive rotations, and it seems like every other player is a guy who has been on the team for a few weeks or a month, well eventually it's bound to catch up to you.

Is it the playcalling? Is it the fact he wouldn't help out Nsekhe when it's clear Nsekhe needed help? Only so much you can do when your limited by personnel imo.

This also goes without saying but I've been on the fire Bruce Allen bandwagon for years now, but I'm really not seeing tonight's game as a thing you can put on him either. Hard to tell how good we'd be playing if half our roster wasn't out or playing injured.
Old 12-01-2017, 12:58 AM   #2
jamf
Pro Bowl

Re: Burn it down: Redskins - Cowboys Post Game Central

It’s real simple, his team didn’t show up against a shitty team.
They didn’t show up the last game of season last year either.

His team was not ready to play.

And he has a punchable face....
jamf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2017, 01:02 AM   #3
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamf View Post

It felt like the failures at the start were a combination of our own self induced mistakes and the Cowboys came out and set the tempo. They knew we were walking wounded and if they came out and set the tone it would be tough for us to get back in it.

So the last one I do put on Gruden but if we don't cause all that self induced harm it could have been a different game. I put that on the players.
Old 12-01-2017, 01:24 AM   #4
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Fire Jay Gruden and hire Jimmie Johnson. I'm sure he still wants to stick it to Jones. That would be hilarious.

At least we lost on Thursday so they can't ruin my weekend.

Season now is officially over.

Shut Trent down, officially shut Reed down.

Burn it all down especially that cursed stadium that has to be built on an indian burial ground.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2017, 12:23 PM   #5
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamf View Post

I think you should have led with the face,.....
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2017, 01:34 AM   #6
jamf
Pro Bowl

I get what you are saying and I’m probably too emotional right now.

Gruden isn’t a bad coach but his ceiling is what Marvin Lewis is doing in Cinci.
I don’t want to go through 7-9:9-7 for the next 10 years.
jamf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2017, 06:43 AM   #7
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Went to bed at halftime...team wasn’t ready to play tonight. Absolutely pathetic effort.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2017, 07:52 AM   #8
rickmmrr
Special Teams

I put this entire s%$t Show on Gruden and Cousins. Gruden for not creating a game plan that takes into account the fact that our offensive line is held together with duct tape.

I put it on Cousins because it wasn't until the beginning of the second half that he finally realized that his offensive line was held together with duct tape and he couldn't just stand in the pocket forever.

In the first half of the game Cousins and Gruden seemed clueless to the fact that the offensive line was pure garbage. Like, let's try to run things regular and see what happens. OH, Crap, it's not working, now what do we do.
rickmmrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2017, 08:14 AM   #9
FrenchSkin
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickmmrr View Post
I put this entire s%$t Show on Gruden and Cousins. Gruden for not creating a game plan that takes into account the fact that our offensive line is held together with duct tape.

I put it on Cousins because it wasn't until the beginning of the second half that he finally realized that his offensive line was held together with duct tape and he couldn't just stand in the pocket forever.

In the first half of the game Cousins and Gruden seemed clueless to the fact that the offensive line was pure garbage. Like, let's try to run things regular and see what happens. OH, Crap, it's not working, now what do we do.
Man Cousins was outstanding C'mon... He got hit pretty hard again and again, and made perfect throws, took the chances Jay and Josh Doctson and us have been wanting him to take since week 1.
The Doc TD is a awesome throw, 1 inch below and it's deflected, 2 inch higher and it's uncatchable.

And he had a great game with some WR drops too... the first INT is on Crowder, the second one is a tipped ball.

26/37, 251 yards and 2 TDs with no OL, not CT and not much help from his receiving corp is incredible.

How on earth can you pin this game on Kirk is beyond me.

This game is on injuries, and I'm talking about players being out and guys being out there but obviously not 100% (Zach Brown, Ioannidis, Moses, Scherff, Nsekhe etc...), and the defense not stopping the run.

Even Norman has not been himself for a few weeks now.

I love how physical Breeland is playing this year.
Old 12-01-2017, 08:28 AM   #10
Stacks42
Impact Rookie

Two words... Jamison Crowder

How many times has this guy fumbled and cost the skins a victory? Matt Jones was cut for less fumbles than JC has had in the past few weeks. 6 Fumbles 3 lost this year alone!!!!

Just google "Jamison Crowder turnovers" and you will be reminded of the costly fumbles and miscues this guy has had (Carolina last year). He has had 12 fumbles in the last 3 years with 5 lost. Not to mention "deflections" for interceptions.

Jay G said "we don't have anyone else to return punts" shit! we have two running backs off the street why can't we find a punt returner? I am 100% sure that there is a guy that can get 10-15yds/return w/o a turnover every other week.
Old 12-01-2017, 08:49 AM   #11
KI Skins Fan
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stacks42 View Post
Jay G said "we don't have anyone else to return punts" shit! we have two running backs off the street why can't we find a punt returner? I am 100% sure that there is a guy that can get 10-15yds/return w/o a turnover every other week.
I've been saying for years that we can get better PR's than we've had. I nearly threw up when JG said that during his news conference. Just get one, dammit! Smithers and Doug Williams are worthless, so we probably won't get one.
KI Skins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2017, 08:50 AM   #12
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrenchSkin View Post
Man Cousins was outstanding C'mon... He got hit pretty hard again and again, and made perfect throws, took the chances Jay and Josh Doctson and us have been wanting him to take since week 1.
The Doc TD is a awesome throw, 1 inch below and it's deflected, 2 inch higher and it's uncatchable.

And he had a great game with some WR drops too... the first INT is on Crowder, the second one is a tipped ball.

26/37, 251 yards and 2 TDs with no OL, not CT and not much help from his receiving corp is incredible.

How on earth can you pin this game on Kirk is beyond me.

This game is on injuries, and I'm talking about players being out and guys being out there but obviously not 100% (Zach Brown, Ioannidis, Moses, Scherff, Nsekhe etc...), and the defense not stopping the run.

Even Norman has not been himself for a few weeks now.

I love how physical Breeland is playing this year.
To me...it seems like Breeland and Fuller have been outplaying Josh. Even Dunbar on limited work has played decent. I wonder if Josh drop off is injury related? Call me crazy, but a move like Norman for a number 1 WR would be something Im interested in. Breeland play has been better and better as the season has wore on...maybe Gray coaching? I would make an offer to keep Bree.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2017, 08:55 AM   #13
metalskins
The Starter

Simply put. You can't win in the NFL when you turn the ball over 4 or 5 times in a game. That's outrageous. You also can't sustain success when you have guys being carted off the field in each and every game. No offensive line. Only two running backs and we darn near lost Perine last night. Heck, almost lost Cousins.

I'm always emotional after a loss against those Cowpukes. We can lose every single game of the season, but if we beat the Cowboys, it's always a fantastic thing to me. To have been swept by that horrid team two years in a row, that is a bitter pill to swallow, because Cowboys fans are going to let you know about it. They love to talk!

Anyway, I'm fearing this team is headed toward, yet, another shake up by the end of the season. I just hope we keep Kirk Cousins. He's the biggest bright spot of this team. If we lose him, this team is starting all over again. It's like the same nightmare that keeps starting over and over again. We never get out of the rinse cycle.
Old 12-01-2017, 08:59 AM   #14
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
To me...it seems like Breeland and Fuller have been outplaying Josh. Even Dunbar on limited work has played decent. I wonder if Josh drop off is injury related? Call me crazy, but a move like Norman for a number 1 WR would be something Im interested in. Breeland play has been better and better as the season has wore on...maybe Gray coaching? I would make an offer to keep Bree.
Norman simply isn't a true shut down corner and shouldn't be paid as such. Take a pay cut or be cut.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2017, 11:49 AM   #15
Back2RFK
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Broken ribs don't heal overnight so I'm guessing he is playing hurt.
Back2RFK is offline   Reply With Quote