Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

"Erosion of Redskins fans"

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 12-20-2017, 12:46 PM   #1
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

"Erosion of Redskins fans"

Erosion of Redskins' fan base stems from years of disappointment - Washington Redskins Blog- ESPN

I think this read deserves it's own thread, we as skins fans have talked about this for as long as I've been a member here. Honestly If it wasn't for you guys on here I probably would not be as interested in this team anymore.. You guys are kinda like my AA Meetings if you will... And I am not making fun of anyone on here for using that term.

When will it stop? When will this organization become a winner again? Will it ever? It's been over 25 years of this now. I don't know if I can go another decade of losing like this.

"Redskins fans have been patient for a long time. Every time they're asked to believe, they're ultimately let down. Until the organization delivers in a much bigger way on those promises -- as in winning consistently -- the erosion will continue."
Old 12-20-2017, 12:56 PM   #2
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Re: "Erosion of Redskins fans"

Bottomline it starts at the Top with Dan Snyder. He should be held for most of the blame as his tenure as owner. Right below him is the second in Command...for a long time it was Vinny Ceratto....he was a clown period. He wouldn't have and hasn't work in the same capacity for any other organization. Now its Bruce Allen....I must admit I was optimistic at first, but lets look at the fucking facts:

1.Responsible for the Donavan McNabb trade
2.Responsible for the RG3 trade
3.Responsible for the handling of the Cousins contract situation.

All these have been debacles and are fireable at this point.

Fire Bruce Allen, Fire his fucking punchable face NOW

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2017, 01:14 PM   #3
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Bottomline it starts at the Top with Dan Snyder. He should be held for most of the blame as his tenure as owner. Right below him is the second in Command...for a long time it was Vinny Ceratto....he was a clown period. He wouldn't have and hasn't work in the same capacity for any other organization. Now its Bruce Allen....I must admit I was optimistic at first, but lets look at the fucking facts:

Fedex is empty folks, I went to a WSH V DAL Game where both teams were still very alive and it was empty!

Last weeks game against AZ looked the exact same way.

Something has to change and surely Dan sees this imploding. Fire Bruce and maybe even Jay still because it's time to get a REAL FOOTBALL GUY in there.. I'd call up Bill Parcells and offer the house to be the GM.
Old 12-20-2017, 02:51 PM   #4
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post

I agree with your list, and your conclusion.

And if Cousins walks, the stadium will only get emptier. Having a decent qb isn't the solution, but it's part of the problem.
Old 12-20-2017, 03:02 PM   #5
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
I agree with your list, and your conclusion.

And if Cousins walks, the stadium will only get emptier. Having a decent qb isn't the solution, but it's part of the problem.
Depends on who we draft at QB if/when He leaves. Look what RG3 did for this fanbase, it was at the peak that its been in 2 decades.
Old 12-20-2017, 01:35 PM   #6
TheMalcolmConnection
I like big (_|_)s.

Well, based on the Vinny situation, it'll only take 5-7 years of fan outrage before he finally does something.
Old 12-20-2017, 03:07 PM   #7
TheMalcolmConnection
I like big (_|_)s.

What's been the hardest for me are the random glimmers of hope.

I truly thought RG3 would have been the franchise savior and we would have seen him and Morris rushing for 1,000+ yards a piece, winning NFCE titles and dominating the NFL.

We had that one year, then we have the Cousins negotiation fuck-up, the Scot McC fuck-up, injuries and just overall shit luck. I know injuries are part of the game, but I think we could have made some noise this year. Instead, the Eagles are sitting on a potential MVP we get to look at for years, the Cowboys have a nice combo down there (still think Dak sucks without Elliott) and somehow the Giants tank job this year will land them some blue chip player.

Much like every year, I'll watch the last two games (or maybe DVR them and watch later?) and then come draft time I'll be just as pumped as last year. It should be a requirement to cheer for the Redskins as a child because it builds character.
Old 12-20-2017, 04:00 PM   #8
Ruhskins
Living Legend

I'm probably going to get into trouble for saying this, but for the people that keep complaining about the team screwing up Cousins' contract, it would help if Cousins actually wanted to be here. But IMO he doesn't and never did; and it is kinda hard to negotiate with someone who doesn't want to be here.

Anyway, back to the thread. I'm also sick of the bad luck that the team has had recently:

- Snyder finally backs off and stops meddling with the team, but he hires someone that just hasn't been good (Allen).

- Team hires a coach, keeps him around despite bad start, and tries to build continuity. But Jay continues to suck as a coach and continuity is not worth it.

- The team finds a diamond in the rough QB that has become the franchise QB the team needs. But the team was too cheap to sign him to a long term and the QB probably doesn't want to be here.

- The teams moves away from going on a shopping spree in free agency and becomes financially responsible with contracts. But maybe they've become too cheap for their own good.

- The team builds a core of young/veteran players through the draft. But this year they all got effing hurt.

I know the team has mismanaged a few things, but somethings are just fucking bad luck and I'm tired of that.
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2017, 04:06 PM   #9
MTK
\m/

I think we could have been a 10 win team if it wasn’t for the ridiculous amount of injuries. If I’m the owner I’m saying what the F are we doing regarding our training and conditioning programs?
Old 12-20-2017, 04:14 PM   #10
Schneed10
A Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
I think we could have been a 10 win team if it wasn’t for the ridiculous amount of injuries. If I’m the owner I’m saying what the F are we doing regarding our training and conditioning programs?
Not to mention: what are we doing about growing a pair of fucking testicles.
Old 12-20-2017, 04:25 PM   #11
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
For a while, it seemed that every week we were putting someone on IR.
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2017, 04:25 PM   #12
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Training and Conditioning is a concern...

Just think no true no 1 WR, Not enough talent at RB, and continuing issues with the LG and Center spot on Oline....may have kept us out.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2017, 07:17 AM   #13
irish
Playmaker

Quote:
I agree. Considering the amount of injuries its amazing to me how competitive this team has been. I also agree that something need to be done with the training and conditioning. After the injury plagued 2016 season the Nationals looked at how much all the injuries cost and it was staggering so they completely revised their training programs and it appeared to pay off. The Skins need to do something.

As for the erosion of the fan base, winning is the ultimate deodorant. If the team starts winning all will be well.
irish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2017, 08:45 AM   #14
Buffalo Bob
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by irish View Post
I agree. Considering the amount of injuries its amazing to me how competitive this team has been. I also agree that something need to be done with the training and conditioning. After the injury plagued 2016 season the Nationals looked at how much all the injuries cost and it was staggering so they completely revised their training programs and it appeared to pay off. The Skins need to do something.

As for the erosion of the fan base, winning is the ultimate deodorant. If the team starts winning all will be well.
It seems that we are among the few that think the Redskins injuries are starting to amount to more than bad luck. Who knows why. Watching the last Giant game at Fedex convinced me something wasn't right. For every Giant that limped off the field 3 Redskins did. Are the players underworked or overworked? Too little hitting in practice or too much? Players not warming up properly before games and practices? Training staff not treating injuries, nicks and dings properly?

As for erosions of fans I admit the last couple Sunday's I have listened to the games while working in the garage and only peek at the TV during key downs, instead of dedicating 3 hours to watching the game. Since they got eliminated from the play-off race I stopped getting all worked up during game time.
Buffalo Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2017, 04:33 PM   #15
TheMalcolmConnection
I like big (_|_)s.

I know it was essentially Docston's rookie year, but man, I'm going to start calling him 50/50. SO is who he reminds me of. Makes the spectacular catch and drops some easy ones.

Our defensive issues I pinpoint solely on Allen/Ioniddisissisisis/Foster being out for an extended period of time. Also, at what point do you change from sod to turf/field turf?