Draft talk rounds 2-3

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 04-26-2013, 02:15 PM   #31
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Re: Draft talk rounds 2-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus View Post
I'd be happy if the Horny Badger never sees the inside of our locker room, so I hope we draft him in the 8th round.
Hilarious typo

Advertisements
Old 04-26-2013, 02:16 PM   #32
Monkeydad
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by KI Skins Fan View Post
I told my wife who doesn't follow football about Te'o and his fake dead girlfriend and she said "That kid is bat shit crazy! I wouldn't draft him". I understand why she (and others) would feel that way about drafting him but I still rank him as the #1 ILB in this draft.
Exactly, if he's available, we cannot pass over him. We lucked out when Orakpo fell as far as he did but if Te'o is available in Round 2, pick #51....that could be the greatest draft value ever.

That situation is so odd...his friend who made the phone calls and pretended to be the girl could be mostly at blame anyway...seemed like some kind of joke against Te'o and his worst sin was being gullible.

ON the field...talent.
Old 04-26-2013, 03:09 PM   #33
Paintrain
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by CultBrennan59 View Post
I'll say this. If DaMontre Moore of Texas A&M or Alex Okafor of Texas are available when we pick, throw out the secondary needs for one round and get one of these guys. They can get to the QB on a consistent basis. DaMontre Moore sacked RG3 3 times in one game. No other player did that in college. He doesn't have the timed speed, but he has the football speed and quickness to get to the QB. Throw in the fact that Orakpo is in the final year of his deal and Kerrigan isn't all that effective without Orakpo, and OLB looks even better to pick up.
Didn't Kerrigan match his rookie year sack output and get named a Pro Bowl alternate?

I'm not dead but this team is dead to me...but now that McCloughan is here they may have new life!

Jay Gruden = Zorny McSpurrier
Kirk Cousins = Next Grossman
Paintrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 03:13 PM   #34
Paintrain
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
He smoked some weed, big deal. A lot of guys just need to grow up and he probably learned his lesson. I don't think we should take him in the 2nd round but the 3rd round would be ideal. Doubt he lasts that long though..
It's not about him 'smoking some weed', it's an indication of the decisions that he makes, his self discipline and reliability.

If he's there in the 4th or 5th, maybe if we've already got a CB, S and WR but he's a luxury pick for us. Even at best he's not going to be an everydown starter at CB for anyone, he's a slot CB/returner.

I'm not dead but this team is dead to me...but now that McCloughan is here they may have new life!

Old 04-26-2013, 03:20 PM   #35
Dirtbag59
Naega jeil jal naga

Anyone want to take odds on a Jarvis Jenkins/Josh LeRebious type guy we've never heard of or seen linked to the team being picked tonight with our first selection?

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG
Dirtbag59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 03:25 PM   #36
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtbag59 View Post
Anyone want to take odds on a Jarvis Jenkins/Josh LeRebious type guy we've never heard of or seen linked to the team being picked tonight with our first selection?
Considering our history of taking off the radar types in the 2nd round on, chances are good we could see a repeat.
Old 04-26-2013, 03:26 PM   #37
Bucket
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
He smoked some weed, big deal. A lot of guys just need to grow up and he probably learned his lesson. I don't think we should take him in the 2nd round but the 3rd round would be ideal. Doubt he lasts that long though..
He just did some drugs.. Big deal guys!!!!! Drugs that will get him suspended and off the team in a giffy.. NO BIG DEAL GUYS!

I heard he was caught 11 times while in LSU.. At least he learns from his first 10 mistakes.
Bucket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 03:30 PM   #38
Gtothearry
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paintrain View Post
Didn't Kerrigan match his rookie year sack output and get named a Pro Bowl alternate?
7.5 his rookie year, 41 tackles, 4FF's, 1 Int & 9 last year, 54 tackles, 2ff's & 1 Int.

Marginally better season w/out RAK.
Gtothearry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 03:47 PM   #39
CultBrennan59
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
Yeah but his track record so far with the Skins says he puts a premium on character guys. Sure you gamble and lose sometimes, but for the most part he's been true to his word.
Shanahan will go for the risky guys, Trent and Fred with weed, merriweathers with his DUI. He still has and "hopes" that tanard Jackson will play this year even thought he has drug problems up the wahzoo. DHall isn't exactly the best character guy with his on the field in incidents with coaches and refs as well as players. Shanahan kept briscoe on the roster even though he was cut by Tampa bay because he was a headcase there. Hell, he stuck with josh Morgan after he lost us the game.

So to say he doesn't want character guys is pure bull.
Old 04-26-2013, 03:54 PM   #40
CultBrennan59
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paintrain View Post
He did, but he was expected to get big numbers and double digit sacks. If you watched Kerrigan last year he was being blocked with just one man. That doesn't tell me that with orakpo he would have been much better considering Rak gets double teamed drawing single coverage for kerrigan. Ryan did good last year, but great? No. Can we upgrade him if a player like Moore fell or if Orakpo leaves, yes. But all in all OLB isn't of main concern.
Old 04-26-2013, 03:55 PM   #41
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Shanahan will go for the risky guys, Trent and Fred with weed, merriweathers with his DUI. He still has and "hopes" that tanard Jackson will play this year even thought he has drug problems up the wahzoo. DHall isn't exactly the best character guy with his on the field in incidents with coaches and refs as well as players. Shanahan kept briscoe on the roster even though he was cut by Tampa bay because he was a headcase there. Hell, he stuck with josh Morgan after he lost us the game.

Nobody is saying he doesn't take chances sometimes. All coaches do, just depends on their risk tolerance, some are higher than others. I'd put Shanahan somewhere in the middle. For every "risky" guy he also loves guys like Kerrigan, RGIII, Morris, Fletcher, Helu, Cousins, etc.

As he said you do your homework and make a decision based on what you know. I doubt he's against taking certain guys off his draft board though.
Old 04-26-2013, 04:07 PM   #42
warriorzpath

Quote:

I think giving another chance to players is more descriptive; but this all relative to also making the team better. The areas of most need are the areas that you would take more risks in. And actually the examples of risk that you listed - were not examples of draft risks taken by Shanahan.
warriorzpath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 04:12 PM   #43
Paintrain
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtothearry View Post
7.5 his rookie year, 41 tackles, 4FF's, 1 Int & 9 last year, 54 tackles, 2ff's & 1 Int.

Marginally better season w/out RAK.
Marginally better is more favorable than "isn't all that effective" though, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CultBrennan59
He did, but he was expected to get big numbers and double digit sacks. If you watched Kerrigan last year he was being blocked with just one man. That doesn't tell me that with orakpo he would have been much better considering Rak gets double teamed drawing single coverage for kerrigan. Ryan did good last year, but great? No. Can we upgrade him if a player like Moore fell or if Orakpo leaves, yes. But all in all OLB isn't of main concern.
You're kinda on both sides of it but ok. He could have been better. He's never going to be Clay Matthews or JJ Watt but he may see double digits with some sacks of the QB trying to get away from Rak.

Old 04-26-2013, 04:18 PM   #44
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

I'll be upgrading some networking equipment during the early part of the draft. Hopefully, I'll be done before our pick.
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 04:49 PM   #45
Ruhskins
Living Legend

R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote