Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Sean Taylor doesn't want to be a skin? WTF?

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 05-10-2004, 08:10 PM   #46
JoeRedskin
Contains football related knowledge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammy Baugh Fan
Where's Thurmon Thomas and a joint when we need him to mellow people out?
hahahahaha
Hmmm, Maybe we should ask Peter King. Who knows what OTHER contacts he may have. Now THAT would be something we could all respect.
JoeRedskin is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 05-10-2004, 09:18 PM   #47
Sheriff Gonna Getcha
Franchise Player

This whole thread is a disgrace. Matty, do the honors and destroy it.
Sheriff Gonna Getcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2004, 09:26 PM   #48
MTK
\m/

I'm thinking of creating a "Thread Hell", where threads like this can go to burn forever.
MTK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2004, 09:31 PM   #49
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

I apologize for my inadvertent contribution to taking this thread off track. I will now perform the customary warpath penance and sing seven "Hail to the Redskins"

No hard feelings Drkstar, you have your opinions and I do respect them
Old 05-10-2004, 11:01 PM   #50
SittingBull
Camp Scrub

Drkstar you are totally contradicting yourself. You said earlier that everyone has opinions yet you reply with flames by calling people nimwits among other insults when their's differs from yours. People wouldnt pile on you if you came in and tried to have a healthy debate by countering other people's comments with valid points. Instead your replies are confrontational and you get hypocritical when others reply similarly. The funny thing is the amount of King's contacts has nothing to do with what he stated. If one of King's many contacts told him something worthwhile regarding Taylor not wanting to be a Redskin why not report the juicy info instead of writing one sentence with no proof and being done with it? Would such a distinguished reporter like King sit on potentinal headline news like that and wait for another reporter to release the scoop before him? He can easily release what he knows without exposing the source, that's very common in the media. People are reading into this one sentence buried at the end of King's article way too much. Like Joe pointed out the key words are "I think" and "ominous signs" which would make it an ASSUMPTION that we ALL were thinking before this was ever posted. What was the first question that popped into everyone's head when we first heard about Taylor firing his agent? Oh my god, is he going to hire the Postons? Wouldn't that classify as an ominous sign? Weren't we all dismayed to hear the news because it had and still has potential to become alot worse? King is telling us nothing we didnt know or were discussing on this very forum already. If King's contacts really did tell him something solid about Taylor not wanting to be a Redskin he would have put it at the very top or would have given it it's own article. Especially in such a slow period of NFL news where Thurman Thomas getting caught with half a joint is the big story of the day.
SittingBull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2004, 03:44 AM   #51
BleedBurgundy
Playmaker

Jesus. I start a new thread, everything's fine, come back later and all hell's broke loose. And I thought us folks in the military were supposed to be hot headed. Let me sum up all of this with one stupid (and adjusted) quote from a great, inspirational movie. "F__K Peter King, F__K him up his stupid ass."
By the way, I think we probably are all grateful for Joe Crisp, but once again here he is putting in some very valuable insight. Thanks man.
BleedBurgundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2004, 08:15 AM   #52
SKINSnCANES
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwagonskins
C'mon. I had nothing negative to say about the situation, I was just floating a theory. Now if you want to talk about U of Miami.... Just kidding SkinsnCanes

Kumbaya...

haha, and I thougt I was just going to stay out of this one...
Old 05-11-2004, 09:55 AM   #53
saden1
MVP

I move for a motion to lock this thread. Do I have any yays?
saden1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2004, 10:08 AM   #54
Skins fan 44
Impact Rookie

yay
Old 05-11-2004, 10:46 AM   #55
SKINSnCANES
Pro Bowl

eh, might as well. Seems like everyone has said their peace anyways
Old 05-11-2004, 11:09 AM   #56
BrudLee
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72
I'm thinking of creating a "Thread Hell", where threads like this can go to burn forever.
Actually, I'm in favor of this option. Namecalling and moderator-bashing can turn you from this into this
Old 05-11-2004, 11:34 AM   #57
Defensewins
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drkstar
Peter King knows more then you Smoot because he is paid to. Its really simple bro......

And again, there is no right or wrong.... simply opinion. But apparently, you Smoot, have lost touch with that.
Peter King is paid to write stories that will help increase the sale of the publication he writes for. Sensationalism, whether true or not, sells.
Hell, it got you going...didn't it? I would not regard Peter King or any journalist as the top know it all. I disagree with most journalists anyway. I certainly would not say they know the most because of their contacts. Their contacts have to give them quotes based on fact before they mean anything. Did your great reporter Peter King interview Sean Taylor before he made his crazy comment? NO. This makes him a gossip reporter.
Was it not Peter King that was saying we would draft KWII? I guess he is not always right.
You said above, "And again, there is no right or wrong.... simply opinion. But apparently, you Smoot, have lost touch with that."
This is the reason why a lot of people on this board have piled on you. When you call someone a dimwit and put down where they are from, just because they have a different opinion. Then you proceed to castigate Smoot for doing it to you, makes you a hypocrite.

Last edited by Defensewins; 05-11-2004 at 03:46 PM.
Defensewins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2004, 11:40 AM   #58
Drift Reality
Impact Rookie

I know Peter King personally, and he told me that he just wrote this article because he knew it would piss off Redskins fans. He even went so far as to tell me his "source" was a stripper at a bar in Tucson and she didn't speak English.
Drift Reality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2004, 02:36 PM   #59
offiss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drift Reality
I know Peter King personally, and he told me that he just wrote this article because he knew it would piss off Redskins fans. He even went so far as to tell me his "source" was a stripper at a bar in Tucson and she didn't speak English.
Actually it was the Bada Bing here in jersey.
offiss is offline   Reply With Quote