Locker Room Main Forum

Closed Thread

Old 01-10-2019, 06:57 AM   #991
SolidSnake84
Playmaker

Re: Time to clean house 1.0.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
This.. if I hear " but we were 6-3 before Smith got hurt" one more time I may puke.
I agree with you 100%. For being "6-3", we were probably the worst 6-3 team you've ever saw. Smith was doing jack shit and like other people pointed out, we had already gotten major ass whoopings with Smith at the helm.

I still don't think we would have made the playoffs the way we were playing, but it's possible we would have done it at 8-8 if we had some luck / help. Even when Smith was healthy, i did not see us winning more than 9 games due to the coaching, as well as the injuries.

Half of the games he started, he passed for under 200 yards and was held to 1 TD. Maybe he would have gotten better as the season went on, but it actually looks like stat wise he started regressing after the NO game. He had over 300 yards against Atlanta but that was due to garbage time.

Advertisements
Old 01-10-2019, 08:49 AM   #992
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

^One thing, is Alex may not win the game with his arm, but he wasn't going to lose it either. Our margin of error were slim to begin with...Win Ugly...so predictably we struggled when Alex went down. Without AP and the improved running game though, 6-3 would not have happened. Alex HAS TO LEAN on a running game if he is going to play conservative.

Like I said when the trade happened, we better get a running game for Alex Smith or its gonna be bad. Alex was coming off his best season as a QB but Kareem Hunt had lead the league in rushing the same year. YES I KNOW every QB benefits from a running game, BUT Alex style of play, with his lack of arm talent dictates he MUST have a running game to be successful.

That's why Ill continue to say move the offense to a dominant Running Game and Good defense. This is exactly what Dallas and Baltimore has done...Chicago to an extent. Our run game is above average...lets improve it to great this offseason, we have the good pieces to work with.

He Gets Us
Old 01-10-2019, 09:14 AM   #993
Redskins247
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
^One thing, is Alex may not win the game with his arm, but he wasn't going to lose it either. Our margin of error were slim to begin with...Win Ugly...so predictably we struggled when Alex went down. Without AP and the improved running game though, 6-3 would not have happened. Alex HAS TO LEAN on a running game if he is going to play conservative.

Like I said when the trade happened, we better get a running game for Alex Smith or its gonna be bad. Alex was coming off his best season as a QB but Kareem Hunt had lead the league in rushing the same year. YES I KNOW every QB benefits from a running game, BUT Alex style of play, with his lack of arm talent dictates he MUST have a running game to be successful.

That's why Ill continue to say move the offense to a dominant Running Game and Good defense. This is exactly what Dallas and Baltimore has done...Chicago to an extent. Our run game is above average...lets improve it to great this offseason, we have the good pieces to work with.
This. It's really their only option...as much as Jay probably hates that.
Old 01-10-2019, 09:37 AM   #994
5superbowls3wins
Impact Rookie

More news that coaches want out. It’s been confirmed that Ben K left for the same position in ATL, and was NOT fired.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/riggosr...-redskins/amp/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-10-2019, 09:42 AM   #995
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5superbowls3wins View Post
More news that coaches want out. It’s been confirmed that Ben K left for the same position in ATL, and was NOT fired.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/riggosr...-redskins/amp/

Again its a lame duck staff, these guys know 2019 is the last season on board so I'd leave too
Old 01-10-2019, 09:49 AM   #996
5superbowls3wins
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
Again its a lame duck staff, these guys know 2019 is the last season on board so I'd leave too

Snyder thinks the fan backlash, eroding fan base, and empty seats were bad this year? He’s seen nothing yet!

Old 01-10-2019, 10:04 AM   #997
BigHairedAristocrat
Playmaker

Tomsula is not under contract, so he's almost certainly gone. I don't even think he'd stay if he was promoted to DC.
Dolphins get good press for saving drowning humans.But we only hear about the swimmers theyve pushed ashore.You know who we havent heard from: all the people theyve pushed out to sea.Dolphins dont know what theyre doing-they just like pushing things.
Old 01-10-2019, 10:07 AM   #998
BigHairedAristocrat
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
We have not hit rock bottom yet. There's still quite a ways to go, but it needs to happen.
Dolphins get good press for saving drowning humans.But we only hear about the swimmers theyve pushed ashore.You know who we havent heard from: all the people theyve pushed out to sea.Dolphins dont know what theyre doing-they just like pushing things.
Old 01-10-2019, 10:08 AM   #999
Burgold
Special Teams

We are dead in the water,as someone said[4-12]is reasonable for the coming season,let's stop with this-Colt Mc Coy is gonna lead us anywhere....no it ain't gonna happen and I truly believe that Smith is through,we're a dog chasing it's own tail and I've been a fan over fifty years and I'm looking at-NO HOPE and no help coming!!
Old 01-10-2019, 10:19 AM   #1000
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post

Well that was the idea with Guice.
R.I.P. #21
Old 01-10-2019, 10:20 AM   #1001
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Like I said the only way we are a good team next yr is if AS is healthy or we have a new QB that is good and Guice is the next Gurley, other than that we will be just as bad on O
Old 01-10-2019, 10:27 AM   #1002
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHairedAristocrat View Post
Why is Chris Russell a turd?
For many reasons. But he also tends to report things that no one else does, so IMO is not very credible. I prefer to stick to Keim, Hoffman, and the Redskins Podcast crew.
R.I.P. #21
Old 01-10-2019, 10:32 AM   #1003
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
Well that was the idea with Guice.
Putting Guice in there with a piece of garbage LG and pieces of shit non-blocking TE will keep us above avg, maybe good. Hey maybe trying getting some interior depth at OL this year would help too.

Its purposely getting a plan together, getting personnel and getting a versatile scheme that takes into account situational football.

Its not running the ball on 65% on first down and saying...well we run the ball. That's inherently dumb.

He Gets Us
Old 01-10-2019, 10:33 AM   #1004
BigHairedAristocrat
Playmaker

Quote:
For many reasons. But he also tends to report things that no one else does, so IMO is not very credible. I prefer to stick to Keim, Hoffman, and the Redskins Podcast crew.
Are the things he reports inaccurate? I have only really started using twitter the past couple weeks, but so far, everything he's reported has been spot on. In fact, he has been the first to report a number of things.

I personally like Keim, Finlay, and Sheehan/Loverro, but I can't say any of them offer more or less insight than anyone else.
Old 01-10-2019, 10:36 AM   #1005
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
he's a drama queen too.

He Gets Us
Closed Thread