Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

In memory of our REDSKINS

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 07-23-2020, 03:21 PM   #151
rocnrik
Playmaker

Re: In memory of our REDSKINS

The angry people are the ones burning , looting, And committing murders... they are also the people who are offended by everything.. all we want is to pull for our team and the woke culture decided no you can’t .. now let’s go commit a crime ! I don’t have a issue with anybody’s life style !! But don’t have a issue with mine and we will get along just fine .. but there’s the rub with this new culture .. double standard !
rocnrik is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 07-23-2020, 03:21 PM   #152
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
I’m tolerant too it but I’m gonna laugh and call them a bitch.

To their face or on an online forum where nobody knows who you are? Just curious.
Actually I’ll answer for you. It would not be in person because you would feel like a dick because you know its wrong.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2020, 03:28 PM   #153
Monkeydad
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
Im not the angry one Junior....
You certainly sound angry.
Old 07-23-2020, 03:31 PM   #154
EternalEnigma21
Assistant Regional Mod

Quoting isn't working, but you asked 'what's ignoring people's feelings going to help?" and I have an answer. Constantly attempting to cater to reactionary emotions is toxic and devastating socially. This begins in our youth. Participation trophies and catering to the emotions of children robs them of the coping mechanisms needed to overcome adversity and grief. It is no wonder we have such a suicide and mass shooting issue in recent generations.

Socially, the bar of offense will never be static. Something will always need to be changed and the outrage will be directed and manipulated politically, as it is, and the fabric of society will not be strengthened by outrage culture, which is never going to be quelled by catering to it. This is currently dividing our world into factions and entrenching views, and strengthening opposition to just views in ways organically unfathomable. All of this is one big manipulative shitshow preying on the emotionally weak and reactionary mobs who stand on internet soapboxes and stir up outrage to exalt themselves among their peers. This culture is a snake eating its own tail.
Old 07-23-2020, 03:42 PM   #155
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by EternalEnigma21 View Post
Quoting isn't working, but you asked 'what's ignoring people's feelings going to help?" and I have an answer. Constantly attempting to cater to reactionary emotions is toxic and devastating socially. This begins in our youth. Participation trophies and catering to the emotions of children robs them of the coping mechanisms needed to overcome adversity and grief. It is no wonder we have such a suicide and mass shooting issue in recent generations.

Socially, the bar of offense will never be static. Something will always need to be changed and the outrage will be directed and manipulated politically, as it is, and the fabric of society will not be strengthened by outrage culture, which is never going to be quelled by catering to it. This is currently dividing our world into factions and entrenching views, and strengthening opposition to just views in ways organically unfathomable. All of this is one big manipulative shitshow preying on the emotionally weak and reactionary mobs who stand on internet soapboxes and stir up outrage to exalt themselves among their peers. This culture is a snake eating its own tail.
And close thread.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2020, 03:42 PM   #156
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocnrik View Post
The angry people are the ones burning , looting, And committing murders... they are also the people who are offended by everything.. all we want is to pull for our team and the woke culture decided no you can’t .. now let’s go commit a crime ! I don’t have a issue with anybody’s life style !! But don’t have a issue with mine and we will get along just fine .. but there’s the rub with this new culture .. double standard !

So to recap people who are sympathetic towards others feelings are criminals.
Ya think you might have just made the mist generalized statement of all time or no?
If you dont have an issue with anyone’s life style id expect ya to be on my side when i say that meme with the “bitch” who dressed like a girl was wrong. Which is how this all started.
Also out of curiosity who has an issue with your lifestyle?

Last edited by punch it in; 07-23-2020 at 04:19 PM.
Old 07-23-2020, 03:44 PM   #157
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:

This exactly.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2020, 03:53 PM   #158
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:

There is absolutely nothing wrong with saying “hey dont call that guy a bitch because of the way he is dressed”. There is something definitely wrong with calling him a bitch because of the way he is dressed.

We are constantly trying to better ourselves and ourselves as a society. Remember when women couldn’t vote and black people had to use separate bathrooms, etc etc etc etc. Should we have just left things alone? Of course you will always have extremists that are offended by stupid shit. That is not what is going on now.

Internet soapboxes? Last time I checked people were actively protesting in the streets. But nothing is good enough for you guys. Those people are now mobs and criminals because of a few bad apples. And their criminal activity is somehow far and above any other criminal activity that has been going on since the dawn of man. I bet there was a very similar sentiment to yours during the civil rights movement of the 60’s.

Honestly it isn’t that hard to not be a dick, if nobody was a dick we wouldn’t have to worry about the “bar of offense”. I just really do not understand where all your frustrations and anger is coming from. How has your life changed other than the name of ur football team? Why such ire and resentment towards people who are not happy? Why don’t you try to understand what makes them unhappy instead of just calling them sensitive sallys and assuming they are full of shit with some ulterior motive?

But the fundamental difference here is how you referenced the emotionally weak victims for the suicides and mass shooting numbers ( the latter of which id attribute to hate crimes carried out by racist fucktards) and I blame the bullys.
As if the victims are committing suicide for attention and they should just be stronger people. How about the bullys who torment them just stfu?
What if amongst us there was a crossdresser/gay person and they were offended by that meme and everyone chiming in to say what a bitch. They were so offended and it was the straw that broke their back and they ended their life? You can say extreme example but im making a point plus it happens every day more than once. Would you not think differently about a hateful meme? I know u all hate the signs that say “hate has no place here” because hate is so much fun, but it really doesn’t. Again its just not that hard not to be a dick.

Last edited by punch it in; 07-23-2020 at 04:16 PM.
Old 07-23-2020, 04:19 PM   #159
SunnySide
Playmaker

Good post about "cancel culture" and how there will always be a group offended by something somewhere. That we as a society shouldnt conform in mass because a group of 8 people in Nebraska think a certain way.

I would hope you would agree that progress and the urge to constantly get better, get smarter, get more aware is inherent and needed. Problem becomes what one group thinks is a reasonable discussion is viewed by another as asinine and a silly "cancel culture" reaction. Who decides what is reasonable and fair to discuss?

The term "redskins" being a slur is a reasonable discussion to have amongst adults. I think we have had on this forum, for the most part, adult and reasonable discussions on the name and the name change.

The "redskins" name change is a good example of society reasonably progressing. Not all change is bad. America has come a long way since the 1700s and we still have a long way to go.
Old 07-23-2020, 04:44 PM   #160
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Sports team name crying isn’t “reasonable changing” especially when that minority group majority says it’s not offensive. Having others tell someone they are a victim isn’t reasonable progress. And makes it harder for that them to succeed.

Yes this country is getting better....it’s always been...at the same time u should be recognizing the massive successes that can easily lead to beloved we are the best society in the history of the planet.

Rewriting history to what you want it to be isn’t reasonable. It’s fucking clown shit. Anybody toting it, is a clown.

People who reject data and facts because it doesn’t support extreme vague narratives isn’t progress.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2020, 05:54 PM   #161
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Sports team name crying isn’t “reasonable changing” especially when that minority group majority says it’s not offensive. Having others tell someone they are a victim isn’t reasonable progress. And makes it harder for that them to succeed.

Yes this country is getting better....it’s always been...at the same time u should be recognizing the massive successes that can easily lead to beloved we are the best society in the history of the planet.

Rewriting history to what you want it to be isn’t reasonable. It’s fucking clown shit. Anybody toting it, is a clown.

People who reject data and facts because it doesn’t support extreme vague narratives isn’t progress.

Nobody is rewriting history. Things are changing. Its about now. Its about the future. And since when is there data on people’s feelings? If we are talking about the name change than history shows that it at one point was a racist/derogatory name. If we are talking about the name change than that 9 out of 10 survey which is the only data that anyone upset about it keeps toting was exposed as total bullshit.
Old 07-23-2020, 07:23 PM   #162
Meks
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post

Kate Beckinsale gets me hot and bothered.
She is quite fetching.
R.I.P #21SEAN TAYLOR
Meks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2020, 09:58 PM   #163
rocnrik
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
So to recap people who are sympathetic towards others feelings are criminals.
Ya think you might have just made the mist generalized statement of all time or no?
If you dont have an issue with anyone’s life style id expect ya to be on my side when i say that meme with the “bitch” who dressed like a girl was wrong. Which is how this all started.
Also out of curiosity who has an issue with your lifestyle?
Dude .. you can twist it around .. I SAID .. listen now .. the same damn people that are protesting by BURNING, LOOTING , MURDERS.. how the hell are they being sympathetic?? I’m Not gonna Argue or debate you .. in your mind you got all the answers ..You SAY you are for everyone’s rights .. but you have issues with anyone that has a different opinion.. hmmmm.
rocnrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2020, 11:27 AM   #164
Monkeydad
Living Legend

Quote:
Dude .. you can twist it around .. I SAID .. listen now .. the same damn people that are protesting by BURNING, LOOTING , MURDERS.. how the hell are they being sympathetic?? I’m Not gonna Argue or debate you .. in your mind you got all the answers ..You SAY you are for everyone’s rights .. but you have issues with anyone that has a different opinion.. hmmmm.
Old 07-24-2020, 12:33 PM   #165
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:

What you said...now you listen ...or just look at your post again because it is there for the world to see ...was ... the same people offended by everything are the ones burning looting and committing murder. That is absolute bullshit and yes I completely disagree and idc if thinking’s that opinion is dumb makes me narrow minded in your world. But go ahead and keep moving the goalposts. Monkey guy will back it all up with scientific memes for ya.