NFC East Champs

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 01-04-2021, 08:55 AM   #61
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

Re: NFC East Champs

Quote:
Originally Posted by htownskinfan View Post
And I don’t know why a lot of people are mad at Philly, they leave Hurts in and most likely we lose, they gave us a present, accept it and shut the fuck up.
Really? How 'bout you shut the fuck up. Everyone on here is entitled to their opinion, just like you are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number44 View Post
What about the Steelers? How is that any different. Happens every year.
Teams that have nothing to play for the last week rest a lot of starting players. Every year. Eagles have no obligation to do what the Giants' fans want them to do. Pederson said pregame that he would probably bring Suds in the game in the 4th quarter. Crybaby fans of the great 6-10 Giants just need to shut up. They should be embarrassed.
Philly putting in Sudfeld was Bush league, and not even close to the same thing as resting your starters for the playoffs.

As my kids would say - "sus"...
Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 01-04-2021, 08:55 AM   #62
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

How I wish Mel Blanc were around to do a special 2020 NFC East NFL films voiceover

---

The 11 dumbest, wildest moments from insane NFC East season
https://www.thescore.com/s/16492738

---

Our coaching staff is the most respectable in the division and that alone is worthy of this year's nfc east title

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
CRedskinsRule is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2021, 08:55 AM   #63
SkinzWin
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
So he is a bad fan for pointing out the fact that the Eagles literally handed us a victory by not kicking a chip shot fg and pulling their quarterback for Nate Sudfeld?
We should just say rah rah go team go instead of reading between the lines and realizing that Alex Smith had no business being in that game? Im much more upset that our HC seemed as willing to lose the game by leaving Alex in than I am that Warthog is pointing out a major problem- which is RR’s love affair with Alex - or waiting until the last minute to pull Haskins last week. Make a God damn quarterback change if you have to.
Y’all act like leaving Hurts in would have cost us the game. After the first couple of drives we did make adjustments and the Eagles were punting. And we were ahead. All these arm chair coaches on here need to chill out. Was Alex 100%? No. Were we winning with Alex and Jalen both in the game? Yes. You’ll never be able to say X or Y or Z would have happened if Pederson hadn’t done this or that.

You also don’t know how badly Alex was toughing it out and after the game and this week medical staff may rule him out if he strained his calf and isn’t able to go. All these Knee Jerk Nancies on here need to calm down and let thing play out.

Rivera is great, then Rivera sucks, then he’s a genius, then he doesn’t know what he’s doing, then he’s too loyal. Y’all have zero knowledge of the enter workings of the team during the week and Ron’s processes for making decisions. Be happy we have a chance to knock Tom Brady off in the playoffs next week with a killer defense, a talented 2nd year star WR, a quickly developing TE, and a good backfield to compliment our offensive scheme.

NFC East Champs!
Sean Taylor #21 a Redskin forever...

Team Heinicke Fan Club
punch it in - CEO
SkinzWin - President
FrenchSkin - VP of Global Operations
ODUsmitty - Director of Cheerleader Fulfillment
Meks - Director of Marketing
SkinzWin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2021, 08:58 AM   #64
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
Not sure what's more annoying, WFT fans crying about winning or Giants fans crying about going 6-10 and missing the playoffs
I don't see anyone "crying about winning". We're all WFT fans, and are happy they won the division. I think people (including me) are just pointing out the blatant disregard for the spirit of the game. Pederson's players can't respect him for that move last night - no way... I sure as hell don't. I'm not sure who in the league would want to play for him either.

Maybe WFT wins regardless - we'll never know.
Old 01-04-2021, 09:06 AM   #65
FrenchSkin
Playmaker

I don't remember exactly my season prediction but I remember it wasn't high. 5-11/6-10ish IIRC.
7-9 and making the PO definitely is better than what I expected. Ugly game but beautiful season in many ways if you ask me.

Some frustrating in games decisions throughout sure, some infuriating losses, but culture change is getting there, and I like the way this team is building. Young defense missing a couple of pieces, and already some young talent on offense.
Basically with a QB we'd have a functional team.

Above anything else, I think it's hard not to love Rivera's toughness. In a weird way, the fact he's making some decisions I strongly disagree with makes me like his approach even more. The man doesn't care if we agree on not, he's focused on getting this group of young guys on board, and it's getting more and more obvious most of them are loving it !

Envoyé de mon SM-J320FN en utilisant Tapatalk
Old 01-04-2021, 09:08 AM   #66
gibbsrcnfan
Camp Scrub

ill take it and yes PLAYOFFS we are in the PLAYOFFS

alot of feel good with me ..carry on fellas
Old 01-04-2021, 09:09 AM   #67
MTK
\m/

Hurts passing stat line before getting pulled

7/20 72 yards 1 INT

Yeah sure looks like he was tearing it up and we had no shot lol
Old 01-04-2021, 09:11 AM   #68
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

I never said Hurts would have won the game. I am not crying because we won. I am pointing out the obvious fact that we have a major problem at quarterback. Anybody who thinks Alex played even remotely well last night was drunk to the point of not being able to see. It was reminiscent of RG-3 gimping around against Seattle. The guy had zero lateral movement. Zero. Heineken was the best quarterback play we have seen all year in his short window. I am simply questioning why we do not play him. The Smith comeback story is great. Make a 30 for 30. But he is hurting this team by being in there.
Why is everything so black and white on this board? You cannot even criticize RR for leaving Alex in - who obviously cannot move- without being a real fan. Lol. So ridiculous.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2021, 09:11 AM   #69
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrenchSkin View Post
I don't remember exactly my season prediction but I remember it wasn't high. 5-11/6-10ish IIRC.
7-9 and making the PO definitely is better than what I expected. Ugly game but beautiful season in many ways if you ask me.

Some frustrating in games decisions throughout sure, some infuriating losses, but culture change is getting there, and I like the way this team is building. Young defense missing a couple of pieces, and already some young talent on offense.
Basically with a QB we'd have a functional team.

Above anything else, I think it's hard not to love Rivera's toughness. In a weird way, the fact he's making some decisions I strongly disagree with makes me like his approach even more. The man doesn't care if we agree on not, he's focused on getting this group of young guys on board, and it's getting more and more obvious most of them are loving it !

Envoyé de mon SM-J320FN en utilisant Tapatalk
Alex's comeback, Rivera's battle, and this young tenacious defense - all inspirational. It was a crazy fun year, and I'm glad they are representing the NFC East in the playoffs.
Old 01-04-2021, 09:12 AM   #70
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:

7/20 72 yards 1 INT

Yeah, but his legs and the playbook was much wider with him in.

I get it..I’m happy but damn that was a tough watch

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2021, 09:12 AM   #71
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

Quote:

7/20 72 yards 1 INT

Yeah that's not a good stat line for passing, but let's not forget that he had their only two TDs, and he was running more effectively than all of our RBs.
Old 01-04-2021, 09:14 AM   #72
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
I never said Hurts would have won the game. I am not crying because we won. I am pointing out the obvious fact that we have a major problem at quarterback. Anybody who thinks Alex played even remotely well last night was drunk to the point of not being able to see. It was reminiscent of RG-3 gimping around against Seattle. The guy had zero lateral movement. Zero. Heineken was the best quarterback play we have seen all year in his short window. I am simply questioning why we do not play him. The Smith comeback story is great. Make a 30 for 30. But he is hurting this team by being in there.
Why is everything so black and white on this board? You cannot even criticize RR for leaving Alex in - who obviously cannot move- without being a real fan. Lol. So ridiculous.
Agreed.

I love AS, but he's the definition of a statue now. He's going to get killed eventually.
Old 01-04-2021, 09:26 AM   #73
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

As Punch said - this game reminded me of RG3's seattle playoff. RR and Turner need to have a better plan. I wanted us to put Heinicke in atleast by the 4th quarter and roll with our defense leading the way. Happy for the win, hoping next week our coaches are fearless.

By the way RR did say he was considering pulling AS. If Drew Brees can have qbs come in on some downs I dont see why you couldnt game plan Alex and Heinicke the same way. Gives AS some breaks on 2nd and 3rd downs and keeps the defense from stacking the box.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
CRedskinsRule is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2021, 09:26 AM   #74
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief X_Phackter View Post
Agreed.

I love AS, but he's the definition of a statue now. He's going to get killed eventually.
Gritty performance, he really can’t move at all. Did he ever air one out down the field? He looks really limited in driving the ball down the field

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2021, 09:30 AM   #75
AnonEmouse
The Starter

Is this perspective? Our net points difference on the season is +6. All 3 of our division rivals finished -77 or worse. The only NFC team to finish with a better record than us and not make the playoffs is Arizona, and the Bears finished 8-8 with a +2 difference and scraped in. Of the 4 teams in the league to finish 7-9 we're the only ones with a positive differential. Says to me that all the cry babies about us winning last night are not taking a serious look at their own records and performances.

Don't see anyone complaining about the Steelers resting starters for a whole game (not a quarter); if the Giants players and fans are complaining about Philly resting their starting QB (after the HC said he was going to do it), maybe they should look first at their own performances that put them at 6-10 instead of looking outside their organisation for scapegoats.

We won. It wasn't pretty, but in a year so messed up across the board, and particularly with so many obstacles to overcome, we won when it mattered, how doesn't matter, and it will say 2020 division champs for ever. Nobody is talking about putting a * against this season as every team faced adversity, so I'm not accepting that we won on the cheap. Its not like there's a constant conversation about how we won in the strike season with a bunch of scrubs. So I don't expect this year to live in infamy either.

2020 NFC East champions. End of.
AnonEmouse is offline   Reply With Quote