Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Fitzmagic Thread

Locker Room Main Forum

View Poll Results: The week one starting QB will be...
Fitzpatrick 25 52.08%
Allen 8 16.67%
Heinicke 15 31.25%
Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-01-2021, 11:28 AM   #211
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Re: Fitzmagic Thread

I think the draft board is wide open. If great value presents itself at QB, they'll take him. But it doesn't have to be forced if it's not there.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 04-01-2021, 11:41 AM   #212
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
He also just said "We may not add another QB this year"

Interesting
Why bother? Unless it's a top prospect that will immediately start, any guy we take is going to be buried on the depth chart and running the practice squad at best. I know some like to think we can just draft a guy and have a 4 way competition, but that's just not reality.

With Fitz, Allen, and Heinicke I think the QB room shapes up well. And if you think Montez has anything at all, you keep him as the developmental/practice squad guy.
Old 04-01-2021, 11:52 AM   #213
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
Why bother? Unless it's a top prospect that will immediately start, any guy we take is going to be buried on the depth chart and running the practice squad at best. I know some like to think we can just draft a guy and have a 4 way competition, but that's just not reality.

With Fitz, Allen, and Heinicke I think the QB room shapes up well. And if you think Montez has anything at all, you keep him as the developmental/practice squad guy.
Yeah I agree, I could even see Fitz playing 2 years as QB1 if he balls out this season.
Old 04-01-2021, 05:46 PM   #214
SkinzWin
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
He also just said "We may not add another QB this year"

Interesting
Per @NickiJhabvala

Ron Rivera says it's not paramount they get their "QB of the future now. In Carolina, he got Cam and then built around him. "I've always thought if you could do it the other way, where you put all the other pieces around them and then go get your QB, that could be good."

I think it’s pretty clear that Ron is content to continue to build this team with a stop gap QB, and short of a top QB prospect falling into our laps at 19 (which is extremely unlikely), we will go with BPA at 19, and I’d love that. Ron has consistently said he is building things the right way with a long term focus. This comment once again reinforces his past comments.

Real football guys making real football moves. It’s a mindset shift for this fan base but I’m eating it up. LFG!!!
Sean Taylor #21 a Redskin forever...

Team Heinicke Fan Club
punch it in - CEO
SkinzWin - President
FrenchSkin - VP of Global Operations
ODUsmitty - Director of Cheerleader Fulfillment
Meks - Director of Marketing
SkinzWin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2021, 06:21 PM   #215
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

It's smoke and mirrors season so I don't take too much stock in what all the decision-makers are saying. Obviously Fitz is here to stay in 2021. Beyond that it's anybody's guess as to what that QB room will look like on September 9th.
Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2021, 07:21 AM   #216
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief X_Phackter View Post
It's smoke and mirrors season so I don't take too much stock in what all the decision-makers are saying. Obviously Fitz is here to stay in 2021. Beyond that it's anybody's guess as to what that QB room will look like on September 9th.

Heineken is here to stay also and very well could be starting at any point this season including week one. Fitz could be an insurance policy on him getting injured. An extremely solid insurance policy. Lets face it Fitz has sat on the bench his entire career. I think if healthy and in a good situation either one of them can be very successful. Just wanted to throw my two cents in that it is a two horse race right now.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2021, 07:23 AM   #217
irish
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinzWin View Post
Per @NickiJhabvala

Ron Rivera says it's not paramount they get their "QB of the future now. In Carolina, he got Cam and then built around him. "I've always thought if you could do it the other way, where you put all the other pieces around them and then go get your QB, that could be good."

I think it’s pretty clear that Ron is content to continue to build this team with a stop gap QB, and short of a top QB prospect falling into our laps at 19 (which is extremely unlikely), we will go with BPA at 19, and I’d love that. Ron has consistently said he is building things the right way with a long term focus. This comment once again reinforces his past comments.

Real football guys making real football moves. It’s a mindset shift for this fan base but I’m eating it up. LFG!!!
These days the future in the NFL is now. I doubt anyone in TB cares that they don't have their QB of the future and the #1 QB on their roster probably wont be there in 4 years. If by some miracle Fitz won the SB this year with WFT nobody would care who the QB will be in 4 years. More than ever its a win now league and Fitz give WFT the best chance to win now.
irish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2021, 07:45 AM   #218
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Fitzmagic Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by irish View Post
These days the future in the NFL is now. I doubt anyone in TB cares that they don't have their QB of the future and the #1 QB on their roster probably wont be there in 4 years. If by some miracle Fitz won the SB this year with WFT nobody would care who the QB will be in 4 years. More than ever its a win now league and Fitz give WFT the best chance to win now.

On the flip side, that moment of not caring is fleeting. Look at the last five SB winning teams. Bucs dont care right now because they just won it and Brady is there. Chiefs are good cus they won one with their young franchise quarterback. But ask the Eagles or Patriot fans how they feel about their quarterback situation right about now. They are like two and three years removed from that moment of not caring and it is a total panic situation at the quarterback position. I think it is always important to have a plan for the future.
Old 04-02-2021, 08:01 AM   #219
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
Heineken is here to stay also and very well could be starting at any point this season including week one. Fitz could be an insurance policy on him getting injured. An extremely solid insurance policy. Lets face it Fitz has sat on the bench his entire career. I think if healthy and in a good situation either one of them can be very successful. Just wanted to throw my two cents in that it is a two horse race right now.
You seem to be just blowing off what Ron said. It's not a race, it's RF's job to lose. And RF hasn't sat his whole career, he's started 146 games, that's a lot of experience. Meanwhile TH has started 1 regular season game.
Old 04-02-2021, 08:03 AM   #220
irish
Playmaker

Quote:
On the flip side, that moment of not caring is fleeting. Look at the last five SB winning teams. Bucs dont care right now because they just won it and Brady is there. Chiefs are good cus they won one with their young franchise quarterback. But ask the Eagles or Patriot fans how they feel about their quarterback situation right about now. They are like two and three years removed from that moment of not caring and it is a total panic situation at the quarterback position. I think it is always important to have a plan for the future.
Yes, TB won and they have Brady. But will Brady be there in 4 years? I doubt it. Who do they have on their roster that will be QB at that time? Probably nobody. Of course TB is thinking about the QB position when Brady leaves but they know that in the NFL the future is the 2021 season and they have their QB. I'm not saying don't plan for the future, you always have to keep that in the back of the mind. But the reality is the future is the 2021 season and WFT has its QB of the future.

Would you rather have a fleeting moment of joy winning a SB with Fitz or a 7-10 season saying "I'm glad we have our QB of the future"?
Old 04-02-2021, 09:24 AM   #221
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
You seem to be just blowing off what Ron said. It's not a race, it's RF's job to lose. And RF hasn't sat his whole career, he's started 146 games, that's a lot of experience. Meanwhile TH has started 1 regular season game.

I am in no way comparing their careers was just making the point that Fitz isn’t a stranger to being a backup.
I am also not doubting that Fitz is the clear cut favorite to start week one, but if Heineken impresses in camp and Ron has that recent playoff game fresh in his head Fitz will be on a real short leash.
Would you honestly be shocked if Fitz gets benched for Heineken at some point this season?
Old 04-02-2021, 09:26 AM   #222
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Fitzmagic Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by irish View Post
Yes, TB won and they have Brady. But will Brady be there in 4 years? I doubt it. Who do they have on their roster that will be QB at that time? Probably nobody. Of course TB is thinking about the QB position when Brady leaves but they know that in the NFL the future is the 2021 season and they have their QB. I'm not saying don't plan for the future, you always have to keep that in the back of the mind. But the reality is the future is the 2021 season and WFT has its QB of the future.

Would you rather have a fleeting moment of joy winning a SB with Fitz or a 7-10 season saying "I'm glad we have our QB of the future"?

Definitely a Super Bowl. No doubt. But Eagles fans waited all of eternity for a Superbowl and how long did it take for a quarterback conundrum to occur? Couple years.
Human nature. We want it at all cost until we get it and then it’s almost immediately on to the next thing.
Old 04-02-2021, 09:28 AM   #223
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Fitz is also underrated as hell, not to mention all of his teammates love the dude
Old 04-02-2021, 09:35 AM   #224
MTK
\m/

Quote:
I am in no way comparing their careers was just making the point that Fitz isn’t a stranger to being a backup.
I am also not doubting that Fitz is the clear cut favorite to start week one, but if Heineken impresses in camp and Ron has that recent playoff game fresh in his head Fitz will be on a real short leash.
Would you honestly be shocked if Fitz gets benched for Heineken at some point this season?
Shocked, no. But I don't think Ron will have a short leash with him either. RF will have to play himself out of the job (meaning at least 2-3 rough starts in a row) and I don't see that happening with the talent he's going to have around him.
Old 04-02-2021, 09:48 AM   #225
irish
Playmaker

Quote:
Definitely a Super Bowl. No doubt. But Eagles fans waited all of eternity for a Superbowl and how long did it take for a quarterback conundrum to occur? Couple years.
Human nature. We want it at all cost until we get it and then it’s almost immediately on to the next thing.
Agree which is why chasing this "future QB" is fools gold. I am sure that KC is thinking about their future QB because there are no guarantees about how much longer Mahommes plays. WFT looked like it had its QB future locked up back in 2012 until RG3 got hurt and nothing was the same after that.