Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Taylor Effing Heinicke

Locker Room Main Forum

View Poll Results: Next year Taylor Heinicke will be...
Starting QB for the WFT 15 23.08%
Solid backup for the WFT 33 50.77%
Starter or backup for another team 2 3.08%
I have no clue 15 23.08%
Voters: 65. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-19-2021, 04:22 PM   #301
MTK
\m/

Re: Taylor Effing Heinicke

Anyone who thinks a big time franchise QB isn't more valuable than anything else you could possibly have on the roster, including a big time pass rusher, is insane.

Advertisements
Old 10-19-2021, 04:24 PM   #302
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
He was pretty damn flawless against the Super Bowl Champs last year and has had a couple good games this year. Point was he should be progressing but like almost everyone else under this regime he is regressing.
I like Heinicke - as a solid #2, but I wouldn't categorize any of his performances so far as flawless, or close to flawless. He definitely gives this team a chance. Can't say the same for the D.
Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2021, 04:26 PM   #303
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
Anyone who thinks a big time franchise QB isn't more valuable than anything else you could possibly have on the roster, including a big time pass rusher, is insane.
This. It’s why a re-draft after hindsight of the first season , you draft Herbert over CY.

All players and picks on the table for Watson…Terry, CY, Payne, Sweat, Allen. Those are the top players on the team…mix and match any of them with future picks and get it done

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2021, 04:29 PM   #304
SunnySide
Playmaker

In the second half, Washington needed full-tilt Heinicke as the defense faltered against Chiefs quarterback Patrick Mahomes. But the offense couldn’t manage much against one of the league’s worst defenses; none of its four full drives lasted longer than seven plays or 32 yards. The unit’s woes weren’t on Heinicke alone — it’s without key players, and there is blame to go around — but his play stood out. He missed open throws, couldn’t find running lanes and didn’t push the ball downfield, throwing 13 of 15 passes under 10 yards in the air.

On Sunday, Rivera said, Heinicke was uneven. One of his biggest problems was an inability to hit passes deeper than 10 yards. Heinicke doesn’t need to throw long to win — his 8.2 air yards per attempt are league average — but he finished 2 for 11 on attempts longer than 10 air yards, according to NFL Next Gen Stats. The struggles became glaring against a reeling Chiefs defense that didn’t generate consistent pressure.

Washington had a plan to beat Kansas City deep. Heinicke said he could hold the safety in the middle of the field with a pump fake and then target outside, but each time he did, something went wrong. Once, wide receiver Dyami Brown couldn’t reel in a tough catch near the goal line; another time, Heinicke overthrew wideout Terry McLaurin. The misses and check-downs led to an average of 1.7 air yards per completion, the shortest distance for any quarterback in a game this season.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sport...-short-passes/

Grant Paulsen
@granthpaulsen
·
Oct 18
Terry McLaurin on not being able to link up with Taylor Heinicke on the explosive plays #WashingtonFootball needed yesterday:

"We were beating the cloud coverage, we were getting the one-on-one opportunities, we just didn't connect."
SunnySide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2021, 04:35 PM   #305
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnySide View Post
Oct 18
Terry McLaurin on not being able to link up with Taylor Heinicke on the explosive plays #WashingtonFootball needed yesterday:

"We were beating the cloud coverage, we were getting the one-on-one opportunities, we just didn't connect."
Which translates to: Heinicke just couldn't get me the ball.
Old 10-19-2021, 04:45 PM   #306
SunnySide
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief X_Phackter View Post
Which translates to: Heinicke just couldn't get me the ball.
Film dont lie.
SunnySide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2021, 06:26 PM   #307
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
I like Heinicke - as a solid #2, but I wouldn't categorize any of his performances so far as flawless, or close to flawless. He definitely gives this team a chance. Can't say the same for the D.

You don’t think he was awesome in that playoff game last year? I know it is only one game but he has still only started what 6 games including last year. He played good in three this year, and bad in three. Terrible actually. Anyway my confidence in him is waning week to week. I just cannot help wondering if good coaching would help his cause. But I agree - good back up.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2021, 10:11 PM   #308
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
You don’t think he was awesome in that playoff game last year? I know it is only one game but he has still only started what 6 games including last year. He played good in three this year, and bad in three. Terrible actually. Anyway my confidence in him is waning week to week. I just cannot help wondering if good coaching would help his cause. But I agree - good back up.
Fitz has been in the league forever and is the same basic player as Heinicke is now. Heinicke ought to have a higher ceiling if he is at all capable of growing and has coaches who can help him.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2021, 10:48 PM   #309
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

Quote:
He didn't lose the playoff game (that was the defense again/still), but I wouldn't say he was awesome. 59% completion percentage, 78 QBR, 1 TD / 1 INT, ran for a TD. Pretty good... Actually good enough if the defense had not given up over 500 yards...

He has probably played good more than he's played bad. I am just not as enamored with him as others are.
Old 10-19-2021, 11:38 PM   #310
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
He didn't lose the playoff game (that was the defense again/still), but I wouldn't say he was awesome. 59% completion percentage, 78 QBR, 1 TD / 1 INT, ran for a TD. Pretty good... Actually good enough if the defense had not given up over 500 yards...

He has probably played good more than he's played bad. I am just not as enamored with him as others are.

Ever since that game our defense has been atrocious
Old 10-19-2021, 11:46 PM   #311
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
There are always going to be studs that just get it. There are others who need to be taught.
He is not a 16 game starter. It is as simple as that.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2021, 12:08 AM   #312
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
Ever since that game our defense has been atrocious
The defense was top 5 last year, but it was a top 5 defense built on a house of cards. They just got exposed for what they truly were in that game, and what they still are to this day.

B. A. D.
Old 10-20-2021, 06:22 AM   #313
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Taylor Effing Heinicke

Quote:

Stays do not always tell the story. Heineke balled the fuck out in that game. Kept play’s alive. And that was a fucking great defense he was playing. Believe this thread which is named Taylor effin Heineke was born from that game.
He was the only one who showed up for that game. We can call him a backup going forward no doubt. Call him limited in ability. But give the man that playoff game. Lol. He was awesome.
Old 10-20-2021, 06:47 AM   #314
irish
Playmaker

Quote:
100% correct. WFT needs to keep doing whatever is needed to get a big time QB. Whether that's via trade or draft, keep trying no matter what the cost until there's success. Once they get the QB the other pieces can easily/quickly be put in place.
irish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2021, 06:56 AM   #315
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Taylor Effing Heinicke

Quote:
ok... Do you think TH is some sort of stud being held back right now?

All the teaching in the world isn't going to give him a better arm.

No I dont think he is a stud. Lol. Far from it. That was my point. Studs like McLaurin do not need the coaching like a guy like Heineke does. Guys like Heineke are why coaches are important. When i said “others” I didn’t mean other studs. I literally meant others that aren’t studs.

I also agree that Quarterback is the most important position. However on this current team with this current coaching staff a stud quarterback isn’t transforming us into contenders. We also need a new staff and several other pieces. What quarterback is over coming this defense-the worst in the league?

We need a quarterback- NO DOUBT- but we also need a staff, a handful of players on defense, and a halfway decent kicker if we are going to contend.