Lions postgame

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 09-21-2022, 07:09 PM   #166
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

Re: Lions postgame

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
At the end of the year the Jags and the Lions will not be considered pretty good teams, and it isn’t just the third game it is the third year now. As always love your optimism Chief. Seriously.
We'll see.

The Colts were supposed to be a serious playoff contender with Matt Ryan at the helm right? All they needed was a QB who can get it done. And the Jaguars just blew them out 24-0.

The Lions lost by 3 points to the team everyone thinks is going to come to Maryland and blow away Washington. And I don't want to hear about 'garbage points'. The Lions scored a TD on 4 of their last 5 drives starting before the first half ended. The shortest TD drive was 72 yards.

WAS, DET, JAX - all 1-1.

Everyone gets caught up in what these teams were last year, but every year some bottom-of-the-barrel teams make noise.

That's why I say it's really to early to come to any conclusions - about most teams. Buffalo may be the only exception right now. They are for real.
Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 09-21-2022, 10:01 PM   #167
PorkSkins
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief X_Phackter View Post
I can't get on board with the idea that the sky is falling yet. Perhaps it is, but it's really too early to tell. It's been two games against two pretty good teams.

I just see inconsistency, which can be fixed.
I, too, can't get on board with the "Chicken Little" idealism that the sky is falling as I've watched sports far too long to see things gradually or suddenly change within a season.

Do I think Detroit and Jacksonville are good teams? Not sure. But I'm gonna lean towards average for now.

I haven't forgotten how our team was playing pretty decent football and in the 6th spot before injuries and Covid ravaged the latter half of the season. I think I've told anyone who'd listen verbatim. If we can get back to playing that sort of ball, to go along with what we're witnessing offensively, then we could be potentially cooking with gas.

I'm not yet writing off this season and I'm sure not writing us off on Sunday.
PorkSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2022, 12:03 AM   #168
WCommandersfan99
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PorkSkins View Post
I'm not yet writing off this season and I'm sure not writing us off on Sunday.
Agreed. The offense looks far improved. Defense needs to get going.
WCommandersfan99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2022, 05:40 AM   #169
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
I can't get on board with the idea that the sky is falling yet. Perhaps it is, but it's really too early to tell. It's been two games against two pretty good teams.

I just see inconsistency, which can be fixed.
It's a big problem when an opposing team ID's a weakness, attacks it all game for huge chunk plays and we can't figure it out and resolve it. When it's recurring like that? It's not just on the players, it's on the coaches too. So I feel like we have good reason to be concerned.
Old 09-22-2022, 01:11 PM   #170
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
It's a big problem when an opposing team ID's a weakness, attacks it all game for huge chunk plays and we can't figure it out and resolve it. When it's recurring like that? It's not just on the players, it's on the coaches too. So I feel like we have good reason to be concerned.
We definitely have problems. I'm not on the field though, so I don't know if the coaches are actually identifying things, and players are still not executing... We are all speculating based on what we are seeing/hearing. There's reason to be concerned for sure, I'm just saying it's early, and there have been some pretty good defensive stops, along with some head scratching big plays. I think it boils down to inconsistency. You can put it on the coaches, the players, or both...but it's the players on the field making or not making the plays.

When Swift fell on his ass and the three-four players that had a chance to tackle him didn't - I can't put that on the coaches.

When Sweat doesn't get up-field or recognize the jet sweep, and WJ3 has tunnel vision on the receiver he is covering and fails to identify the jet sweep coming to his side - or at least honor it - I can't put that on the coaches.

Every team gives up chunk plays. We just have be better at limiting them. It's way too early to make the assumption that what we are seeing can't be fixed.
Old 09-22-2022, 01:35 PM   #171
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

I don’t know if anyone heard the last Kevin Sheehan podcast…he was talking about how the team comes out and falls behind early. It’s a Ron issue, getting down double digits early.

Simply not prepared to play

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2022, 01:51 PM   #172
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
I don’t know if anyone heard the last Kevin Sheehan podcast…he was talking about how the team comes out and falls behind early. It’s a Ron issue, getting down double digits early.

Simply not prepared to play
He's full of shit. The least he could do is look at the actual facts before saying something like that.

They have had the lead after the end of the first quarter in six of their last 11 games.

They have had the lead or were tied at halftime in eight of their last 11 games.

Last week against Detroit, and the two games against Dallas last year are the only three they went down by double digits in their last 11 games.

Lazy "journalism".
Old 09-22-2022, 01:54 PM   #173
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/amon-ra...151427704.html

Amon-Ra St. Brown goes full savage mode about WR taken before him: 'I didn't see him in the game much'

Even the Commanders, they got a guy before me over there," St. Brown noted on Wednesday. "I believe his name is Dyami Brown. I don't know how many catches he had – you guys can probably tell me that – or how many yards he had, but I don't forget things like that. I see him across the sideline from where I'm standing during the game. ... I didn't see him in the game much."

Damn…!

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2022, 02:00 PM   #174
MTK
\m/

Quote:

Amon-Ra St. Brown goes full savage mode about WR taken before him: 'I didn't see him in the game much'

Even the Commanders, they got a guy before me over there," St. Brown noted on Wednesday. "I believe his name is Dyami Brown. I don't know how many catches he had – you guys can probably tell me that – or how many yards he had, but I don't forget things like that. I see him across the sideline from where I'm standing during the game. ... I didn't see him in the game much."

Damn…!
Like it's D. Brown's fault where he was drafted.

The chip on the shoulder routine about where someone was drafted is old.
Old 09-22-2022, 02:02 PM   #175
MTK
\m/

Quote:
He's full of shit. The least he could do is look at the actual facts before saying something like that.

They have had the lead after the end of the first quarter in six of their last 11 games.

They have had the lead or were tied at halftime in eight of their last 11 games.

Last week against Detroit, and the two games against Dallas last year are the only three they went down by double digits in their last 11 games.

Lazy "journalism".
Sheehan was talking about a tweet that said under Ron they've been down double digits in the first half 8 times, though Sheehan fact checked and said he could only find 6 games, that's still a lot of games though.
Old 09-22-2022, 02:04 PM   #176
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

Quote:

Damn…!
Childish. Just go play your game knucklehead, and be happy you are where you are... No need to attack your peers.
Old 09-22-2022, 02:09 PM   #177
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
Sheehan was talking about a tweet that said under Ron they've been down double digits in the first half 8 times, though Sheehan fact checked and said he could only find 6 games, that's still a lot of games though.
Six games out of 36 they have found themselves down double digits...? Seems like a nothing burger to me. I'll bet a lot of good teams have been down double digits in 16.7% of their games.
Old 09-22-2022, 02:17 PM   #178
mredskins
MVP

Quote:
Six games out of 36 they have found themselves down double digits...? Seems like a nothing burger to me. I'll bet a lot of good teams have been down double digits in 16.7% of their games.
Being down 10-0 in the first half, been a lot of comebacks from that deficit.
Old 09-22-2022, 02:31 PM   #179
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Maybe nothing, personally I'd find it hard to believe good teams fall behind by double digits that often but who knows, either way we're not a good team and starting games off slow isn't anything new
Old 09-22-2022, 02:34 PM   #180
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

6 out of 36 is a lot if you ask me. Putting yourself in the hole like that all but guarantees those games are losses. On average the team ahead at half time wins 75% of the time. Being down double digits makes it almost insurmountable.