Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Sam howell takes Down Dallas postgame

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 01-11-2023, 11:37 AM   #181
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Re: Sam howell takes Down Dallas postgame

I think Howell is a guy that can extend plays and is very accurate in the Short to Medium range, he aLso throws a good deep ball. He would have had the highest passsing grade of the season for us if he didn't throw that awful pick.

I think he can be the guy next yr, lets build around him

Advertisements
Old 01-11-2023, 05:47 PM   #182
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post
When i was watching Howell play; one thing really stuck out to me, he knew how to slide.

If fucking RG3 ever knew how/when to slide it would have saved him.

Remember even Bryce Harper tried to teach RG3 to slide?

https://www.thescore.com/nfl/news/302112

It’s actually mind boggling that a professional athlete can’t slide. It’s like not being able to do a somersault. Like how are you such an elite athlete and feet out butt down is complicated?
punch it in is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2023, 06:45 PM   #183
rocnrik
Playmaker

Sam Howell is going to be a legit Starter in this league … the question is will it be with Washington .. I hope he gets every chance to succeed here !! I worry because we have screwed up every single QB deal since Snyder has been here ..
rocnrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2023, 10:15 PM   #184
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
Haskins didn’t use his wheels like Howell. The best thing about Howell is he made quick decisions about when to run for the sticks or throw it. That is so key. I hope Taylor comes back. Would be great competition for Sam, and Taylor seems to embrace being a backup.
I listened to Cooley and he said he felt Sam was too quick to run. The few times he did he looked at first read if covered he took off. I didn’t watch the game just the shortened version so I don’t know if that was true
Old 01-11-2023, 10:18 PM   #185
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocnrik View Post
Sam Howell is going to be a legit Starter in this league … the question is will it be with Washington .. I hope he gets every chance to succeed here !! I worry because we have screwed up every single QB deal since Snyder has been here ..

It will be. He will be the guy next year. Draft right and make all the right moves in FA. Our number one target right now should be Slowik. Oline, mlb, cb in the draft and FA. That is the best road map to long sustained success.

Going after a guy like Rodgers is short term and risky. Build around Howell. Just get the right guy in place to help him succeed. Thats Slowik.
Old 01-11-2023, 10:27 PM   #186
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Sam howell takes Down Dallas postgame

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaltimoreSkins View Post
I listened to Cooley and he said he felt Sam was too quick to run. The few times he did he looked at first read if covered he took off. I didn’t watch the game just the shortened version so I don’t know if that was true

I was out in Philly cus my mother in law was getting treated at U Penn. Got to watch a good bit in the hospital room. What I saw was Howell not hesitating when a lane opened up and getting the first or at least good yardage. Cooley is the man but come on with our o line you don’t exactly have time to go thru all your reads and then run. There were so many times when Taylor could have run for good yards but forced the ball - again due to a lack of time - but when the heat is on and you can run for good yardage or a first do it. Dont force the ball. I dont ever disagree with Cooley. I think he is the man. But he isn’t seeing the whole picture in this case. With our oline u simply do not have the time to go thru all your progressions.