Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Sean Taylor Interview

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 03-25-2004, 07:29 PM   #16
azskinsfan2
Special Teams

Very good points Joe. The interview sounded like he'd be a great addition. As far his cockiness and talking smack, as long as he can back it up, he and Smoot should make an outstanding duo!!!

Advertisements
Old 03-25-2004, 08:44 PM   #17
Daseal
Puppy Kicker

I love confidence in a player. If you have a guy always saying he can't do something, he probably can't! Let him come her and own everything.

As far as D Line. I don't know if I'm alone, but I'm not overly impressed with any of the DEs in this years draft. Udeeze seemed a bit one dimensional for me and Will Smith disappeared during games. Same with Harris and Wilfolk is just too damn fat.

I think a special impact player for the future is the way to go. Taylor or Winslow. Flip a coin and pick em.

I'd give all of next year's draft to the Lions for their pick this year. Every team has a hole, ours can be D Line, which is more than made up for by Blitzing LBs.
Daseal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2004, 09:38 PM   #18
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

It ain't braggin' if you can back it up.....SeanSmack!!!!!
Old 03-26-2004, 03:26 AM   #19
offiss

Quote:
Originally Posted by joecrisp
I'm okay with trading down to ten, as long as the Skins get Udeze. But in the long run, I think it's important for the Skins to take a special player like Sean Taylor or Kellen Winslow when they have the opportunity. I think there will be players like Udeze, Smith, Harris et al available in the first round of any draft. I also doubt the Skins will be in position to draft 5th overall again for a very long time (at least I hope so), so it would be a shame to miss out on players of Taylor and Winslow's caliber.

While the defense certainly needs a pass rusher, and taking Taylor or Winslow might not fix our defense this year, I think it's best for the long-term view to get one of those players, and go after the best pass rusher available after the June 1st cuts, or wait till next year. This is not a make or break year, anyway...
I agree, I feel player's of the magnitude of taylor or winslow come around once every 10 year's or so and maybe not even, these 2 are that talented. at this point we have to walk away with one of them, I want taylor but I think because of gibb's association with winslow senior will way very heavy on gibb's decision to pick jr., He may be viewing winslow as an unstoppable force from the TE position, a player who will bring the single most immportant part of championship football and that's a player who can covert 3rd down's into 1st down's at will, and I believe that will be the thinking here come draft day, as well I believe the relationship gibb's has with sr. will also give them assurance's that he won't be a hold out they will probably have a number in place if he's avail. at #5.
offiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2004, 04:11 AM   #20
huntz
Special Teams

Taylor's the real deal. Forget drafting a Dline at 5th and take Taylor.
huntz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2004, 05:14 AM   #21
AnonEmouse
The Starter

I go with Taylor. TE can have an impact, but Shockey hasn't exactly helped the Gints to a SB. Taylor could do what Lott did for the 49ers and Attwater did for the Broncos - make our secondary something to fear.

Incidentally I laughed at this Q:
"Don't you think it is unfair to you to have to hear you are the next Ronnie Lott before your first pro game. Maybe Ronnie Lott will someday want to be the next Sean Taylor."

Maybe Ronnie Lott will someday want to be the next Sean Taylor? What was the guy on!
AnonEmouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2004, 07:49 AM   #22
joethiesmanfan
The Starter

I agree Taylor would help solidify the secondary I am having second thoughts about Shawn Springs I would have rather had Bobby Taylor. Seattle pulled a switcheroo on us on that one. If we are not gonna have a feared pass rusher then we are gonna need a secondary thats solid Taylor plus Smoot and Springs would be suffice. Regardless if Ohalette or Bowen with his over rated ass starts too.
joethiesmanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2004, 11:05 AM   #23
Defensewins
Playmaker

We have addressed every need position except Safety. I think that says alot. I remember Gibbs saying there has been a plan in place for player aquisition since day 1 of free agency. That plan is looking more and more (to me) like pick Sean Taylor at #5 if he is still there...unless we get offered an amazing trade down deal.
I have a growing sense though that someone (Lions or Raiders) might trade up (Lions) or down (Raiders), ahead of us to try and take Sean Taylor.
Kind of reminds me of last year and Pittburgh Steeler Safety Troy Polamalu.
Polamalu was rated the best safety of last years class. However at 5',10" tall he was thought to be a late 1st rounder or early 2nd round. I was hoping the Skins would draft him. However the Steelers traded up to the 16th pick and drafted him. Sean Taylor at 6' 3" and 230 pounds is rated (talent wise) one of the top 2-3 players in the entire draft. Given the trend in the NFL (last 2 SB winners) that defense wins championships, I think Sean Taylor's value will rise on draft day. There maybe another Polamalu-like surprise this year. I think either Roethlisberger or Gallery is going to slip slightly below #5 pick to #6.

Last edited by Defensewins; 03-26-2004 at 11:11 AM.
Defensewins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2004, 11:25 AM   #24
AnonEmouse
The Starter

I can't see anyone above us taking him, due to their needs.

I can't see the Raiders trading down with us - what would we give them except a straight swap?

I can see various teams trading up, but as the Lions have so many needs, and theyed fill one of them at #6, I can't see them trading up.

If anyone trades up with us, it will be those at #7 and below. Whether we trade depends on whether we can get what we want lower down and that we don't consider Taylor a need.

IMHO, I doubt we will trade unless someone offers us something stupid for the #5 - say a 1st, 2nd and 3rd round pick. Maybe the Pats (with 2 1st rounders) would be interested, but they need a CB to replace Law more than they need a safety or TE.
AnonEmouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2004, 04:40 PM   #25
memphisskin
Impact Rookie

[QUOTE=AnonEmouse]I go with Taylor. TE can have an impact, but Shockey hasn't exactly helped the Gints to a SB. Taylor could do what Lott did for the 49ers and Attwater did for the Broncos - make our secondary something to fear.

QUOTE]

I won't be mad either way, but TE's don't really take teams to SBs. However, a really good one can set the table for the entire offense. And let's not forget that by drafting Taylor we are essentially throwing away last year's 4th round pick (Bowen) not that he doesn't deserve at least some consideration on the trash heap. I like them both, and I'm leaning more towards Taylor but the thought of putting Winslow in the offense that his father starred in is mighty tempting too.
memphisskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2004, 05:04 PM   #26
brazo4u
Camp Scrub

I watch a lot of college football this guy is the real deal skins have not seen a safety like him since ken houston
brazo4u is offline   Reply With Quote