Go Back   Warpath > Board Management > Playbook

Site Survey

Playbook

Old 06-13-2005, 05:43 PM   #16
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Re: Site Survey

1. Homepage Bookmarked
2. I'd like to see maybe some Parking Lot threads on the homepage, but the page looks fine
3. I like the intelligence and cleanliness of the forums. They're not cluttered with ridiculous sigs or mindless drivel (most of the time)
4. I occasionally check out some of the other fan sites.
5. I visit this site way too much
6. Google
7. I hardly noticed the ads quite honestly
8. Compared to other sites, the lack of clutter in our forums is extreme (pun intended)
9. I kind of liked that real time chat thing (Vb Chat) we had going on for a bit. I also like the idea of contests, games

Advertisements
Old 06-13-2005, 05:48 PM   #17
skinznut
Special Teams

1. How do you enter the site? Do you have the home page bookmarked or the forums?
The home page is bookmarked.

2. What do you like most about the current home page? What do you like the least? What changes if any would you like to see to the home page?
I don't think you need to show the latest forum posts on the home page. All the other information is great.

3. What do you like most about the forums? What do you not like? What changes if any would you like to see to the forums?
The forums are a great place to get information. They are nicely categorized and I don't really think any changes are needed.

4. How many Redskins websites do you visit regularly? How does this one compare? Better, worse, the same? Are there any elements you see on other sites you wish were here?
This is the only site I visit regularly other than redskins.com.

5. Compared to other Redskins sites, do you visit this one more, less or about the same?
I think I visit this one a little more than redskins.com.

6. How did you find this site?
Yahoo search.

7. Regarding advertising on this site, do you think there's too much, too little or not enough? Do you mind the ads on the site?

I don't mind the ads. Sometimes the ones that come up after the first post in a thread are a little annoying. You expect to read a reply and have to look at the ad instead, but other than that, the amount of ads is fine.

8. Regarding the forums, do you find them to be more cluttered, less cluttered or about the same as other Redskins forums?
I've only briefly visited other forums but this seems to be less cluttered, therefore easier to find what you're looking for.

9. If you could add one feature to the site, what would it be?
I'm not sure but if I think of something, I'll let you know.

10. Feel free to add any general feedback, criticisms, complaints, suggestions, etc. No ideas are too big or too little!
After frequenting this site for a couple of years now. I like the fact that, for the most part, everyone here is well educated about their football and the textual conversations are informative and entertaining. Even the off topic chatter is fun to read. Other than a couple of instances where people have let unimplied emotions get the better of them, the posts are good natured. I can't say I have any complaints about this site or anyone affiliated with it.
Keep up the good work. :thumb:
Old 06-13-2005, 06:18 PM   #18
Daseal
Puppy Kicker

Quote:
1. How do you enter the site? Do you have the home page bookmarked or the forums?
I have it set as my home page.
Quote:
2. What do you like most about the current home page? What do you like the least? What changes if any would you like to see to the home page?
Honestly, I like how easy it is to read. You can see the latest threads, you can see the latest news articles and skim over those. I wouldn't make any changes.

Quote:
3. What do you like most about the forums? What do you not like? What changes if any would you like to see to the forums?
I like the avatar system and lack of annoying sigs. It's kept clean and smooth for easy reading. I dislike that the reputation system isn't as widely used. (Even though my views will get me squelched! )

Quote:
4. How many Redskins websites do you visit regularly? How does this one compare? Better, worse, the same? Are there any elements you see on other sites you wish were here?
Besides ESPN, NFL.com, and Redskins.com this is the only site I visit on a regular basis for the 'skins. The other sites simply don't compare. If they have an article or god forbid the warpath goes down I'll read them. This forum seems to get farther in debates than coming down to name calling. Though we often come from opposite sides we can see and understand someone elses point of view. This should be the model for Redskin's sites.

Quote:
5. Compared to other Redskins sites, do you visit this one more, less or about the same?
Much more.

Quote:
Cpayne referred me.

Quote:
7. Regarding advertising on this site, do you think there's too much, too little or not enough? Do you mind the ads on the site?
Is anyone going to vote for not enough! There's always too much advertising, but whatever pays the bills is the most important!

Quote:
8. Regarding the forums, do you find them to be more cluttered, less cluttered or about the same as other Redskins forums?
Considerably less. Keep images to a minimum unless they're relevant!

Quote:
I always have trouble finding old posts, perhaps a more in depth search function. Not sure if this is even possible.

Quote:
10. Feel free to add any general feedback, criticisms, complaints, suggestions, etc. No ideas are too big or too little!
Great site Matty, not sure how I'd live without it!
Old 06-13-2005, 06:22 PM   #19
RedskinRat
Franchise Player

1. Bookmark.

2. Like most - Uncluttered, basic? Like the least - Nothing? What changes - None.

3. Forums? It's fine as is.

4. Other Redskins websites? Only the Pro sites like ESPN/Redskins.com/ExtremeSkins.

5. Compared to other Redskins sites? Always start and end my day here.

6. How did you find this site? Yahoo Groups a few years back

7. Advertising on this site. I barely notice it.

8. Forums? Great as they are.

9. If you could add one feature to the site, what would it be? Free money. OK, nothing.

10. Feel free to add any general feedback, criticisms, complaints, suggestions, etc. No ideas are too big or too little! More competitions fo prizes like site T-Shirts/hats/stuff.
RedskinRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2005, 06:56 PM   #20
Gmanc711
Thank You, Sean.

I enter the site via a link in my favorites, it takes me directly to the locker room.

I like that you can change the skins, and give yourself many different style choices. I think if you are looking to attract some more people, the original homepage could be a little more, not animated, but a little flashier than just the words and descriptions we have. I dont mind it at all, but if I could change anything, I guess I'd stretch for that.

3. What do you like most about the forums? What do you not like? What changes if any would you like to see to the forums? I like the forums, I like the fact that you can start a discussion about anything you want, and almost always you will get some feedback on it. If I could see any changes, I would want everyone to be able to do polls, because I think that it opens up alot more discussion's, without the "starting thread" sounding stupid, ya know what I mean? Although, I wouldnt want it to turn into any other websites which have member's go overboard with that type of thing.

4. How many Redskins websites do you visit regularly? How does this one compare? Better, worse, the same? Are there any elements you see on other sites you wish were here? I visit the Warpath, Extremeskins, The Hogs.net, and hailredskins.com regularly. This one is far better that any other one in terms of dicussion. It just has a very good atmosphere, I feel like I know the guys on the site, I've talked to alot of them outside the site, which is cool. I think its cool that I can come here, and have that type of relationship with just a bunch of guys I talk to online. Sure, a site like Extremeskins has it's advantages in terms of what they can pull off with so many memebers, but I really like how we all interact on this site.

I visit them in terms of "clicks" about the same. Ussually I'll go right down the list, going EX Skins, Hail Redskins, The Hogs, and whatever just checking them quick, because I know I"ll spend a long time on this one. So the time spent on this stie is FAR FAR FAR more than any ohter ones, but I'd say in terms of the number of times I visit them, its about the same.

I was searching for the Warpath Insider Magazine, came here and found an interesting discussion and decided to chime in, and became hooked.
Its fine how it is right now; I think whatever you can do to help the site is best. I dont find it to be annoying the way it is right now. As long as we dont have popups or "Motion" advertising, where it makes sounds and stuff, I wouldnt mind anything.
FAR LESS cluttered. Thats a big turnoff of Extremeskins, with their "sigs" and that crap. It makes the site really unattractive to me.
The Chatroom was big for me, and I think it'd be cool if it was always open. I'd also think i'd be cool if someone did a "play by play" of the game, outside of the game thread. Where someone could go in and have someone recapping it for them, just a thought; even though all the big sports websites do that anyways.
" I love Warpath, it is my life, honestly, I love it more than I love my girlfriend, somtimes, my girlfriend finds me drunk, looking at the warpath screen, almost passed out (<---actually happened). " - Thats what my girlfriend told me to put there as she watched me fill out the survey.
Gmanc711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2005, 07:15 PM   #21
TheMalcolmConnection
I like big (_|_)s.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daseal
I have it set as my home page.
I was scrolling up and new all the quoting had to be from you. Haha.
Old 06-13-2005, 08:51 PM   #22
JoeRedskin
Contains football related knowledge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72
Hey guys, if you could take a moment and answer the following questions I'd really appreciate it. The info will help give me a better idea of what changes can be made to the site, or maybe more importantly what changes shouldn't be made.

Thanks

By the homepage. I generally just check out the new posts.

I like if fine. As it is the feature I use most, I like the "view new posts" link. As for improvements, other than a background of scantily clad cheerleaders, I can't think of any.

I like the clean lines, minimal clutter. I hope this is continued.

Other than the Skins' homepage, I don't visit any others. A forum for just video links would be cool.

See above.

Wandered into it after a drunken stupor, started arguing with Daseal about Spurrier and got hooked.

I don't mind the adds. With that said, their can never be too little advertising on a website.

Much less cluttered.

A forum for video links and video postings.

It's all good. Thanks for keeping it up.
JoeRedskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2005, 10:44 PM   #23
Paintrain
Pro Bowl

I have the 'Locker Room' forum bookmarked.. It's usually the only one I read.
N/A
I like the topics, the banter, the sharing of ideas.. I don't like the excessive reactions to hot button topics (Fire Gibbs!, Cut Taylor, Trade Portis) but that's just people being people I guess. Also the Avatars are quite boring. I'd like to be able to personalize them or at least have more variety.
I'll visit Extremeskins on occasion when they have an interview with Doc Walker, but their color scheme gives me a headache.. Warpath.net is much better IMO.. I would like to see more interaction with the team that other sites seem to have been able to get (Doc Walker, Ramsey's brother, etc.) or at least someone from the Post/Times..
See above
I don't remember
It's fine the way it is.
Less.
Customizable avatars
Hail to the Redskins.
Paintrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2005, 11:27 PM   #24
That Guy
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMalcolmConnection
Yeah. Some flash games would be sweet if we could maybe be able to play against each other. I'm sure that would take some VERY in-depth programming, but it would be awesome.
not really... they got a mod for phpbb (and vb too i'm sure) where the admin just uploads the games (which are equipped to report scores) and the thing keeps track of the top X scores, current champions and lets you issue challenges etc... if you want i can go find an example of it. there's some bandwidth in downloading the flash game into cache from the server, but all the actual gameplay is on the client machines, so theres no cpu overhead or real "in use" bandwidth after the download.
That Guy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2005, 03:53 AM   #25
Redskins8588
Playmaker

Homepage, then I go into the fourms

I like how you are able to change the background and how the homepage has the history, record, and salary cap links...

I enjoy all of the forums, I like looking at the current news, the threads, see what is going on in politics I like them all

This site is much more better than all of the other sites, I visit extreamskins about 2 or 3 times a week just to see if there are any new videos. As for any other sites, well I got my self kicked out of hailredskins...

I pretty much live here when I am on the internet...

Just looking for redskins sites and stumbled across this one and fell in love....

What ever helps out the wallet...

I find them to be less cluttered, I like how they are, you get to read the information and not have to see all of the other garbage

I would like to have a chat feature

10. Feel free to add any general feedback, criticisms, complaints, suggestions, etc. No ideas are too big or too little
Good Job I love this site!!!!
Old 06-14-2005, 07:22 AM   #26
backrow
The Starter

1. Homepage
2. After scrolling, I can tell if I've been to the thread(s) before.
3. No change, except a few more smileys. Something about hating cowroids, e-girls, and gints! cowroidssuk, e-girlssuk, gintsuk!
4. 2 Ea. Hailredskins.com and this one. This is friendlier, better, but not as informative as Hailredskins due to more folks posting breaking news and posting rumors in Hailredskins.com.
5. The same.
6. Too long ago, but I think it was a Washpost link.
7. I don't mind the adds.
8. Much less cluttered.
9. Can't think of any.
10. Make the NFL season 10 months long, like the Neverendingbasketballassociationseason!
Old 06-14-2005, 11:49 AM   #27
illdefined
Playmaker

Been a while since i've been on my favorite 'Skins site (all the news this offseason has been pretty disheartening), but this site is my favorite for a reason.
__

Homepage bookmarked. Thankfully, it's so clear and uncluttered, everything is right within reach.

I still heavily favor the original look, not for nostalgia necessarily, but because the color scheme is easy on the eyes while still be Redskin (visitors of other skin sites must know what i mean). Most of all, i like the size of the main logo, prominent but thin, so i see more of the homepage at a glance and don't have to scroll. my biggest problem with the other schemes.

3. obviously the strength of the forums is based on its posters, who are knowledgeable, succint, and manage to be passionate while staying polite. i tend to think Warpath has gotten this crowd by focusing on discussion, with no place for custom icons, signatures, or flashy design or ads. i recognize the need for ads on good sites, but only if they're visually compatible with the site ie. clean, no flashing or moving except the smilies!

4.& 5. i can't even bear to look at other redskin sites now. i'll check weekly on the offseason, several times a day during.

6. wish i remembered how i got to this site, it was ages ago before vbulletin, but i've been hooked ever since.

7. again, the ads now are completely unintrusive, and don't take time to load, as long as this remains the case, i'm ecstatic.

8. way less, its clearly quality over quantity here as the fans here like it.

9. all i can wish for is maybe a mobile friendly version (though the simplicity of this site works surprisingly well!) and possibly RSS for newswire updates.

10. thank you Matty, is all i can say. only complaint i could ever muster was regarding removal of post icons with redskins who were no longer redskins. otherwise, don't change (too much)
illdefined is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2005, 12:28 PM   #28
bjschmonsees
Special Teams

1.I have the home page bookmarked
2.I like that I see the most current threads.
3.That they are generally civil.
4.I visit this, ExtremeSkins and Redskins.com. I like Warpath because it is less clutterd and easier to navigate.
5.I visit this site most. Only rarely do I visit ExtremeSkins
6.I can't remember. maybe a yahoo search or a link from ExtremeSkins
7.If it would raise money I would say about double the ads would be acceptable.
8.Less cluttered.
9.Film Room! (I've got a ton, just ready to go!)
bjschmonsees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2005, 07:02 PM   #29
monk81
The Starter

BOOKMARKED

PERFECT AS IS ---IT'S WELL ORGANIZED, EASY TO FIND THINGS, I ALSO LIKE SUMMO's GRAPHICS (backgrounds, avatars, etc etc)

GREAT GROUP OF PEOPLE, GOOD DISCUSSIONS, CLEAN LOOK-it's NOT CLUTTERED WITH OVERSIZED SIGNATURES AND VIDEO CLIPS IN THE POSTS. I LOVE THE REDSKIN AVATARS AND SYSTEM FOR AVATARS. PLEASE NO CUSTOM AVATARS.

How many Redskins websites do you visit regularly? How does this one compare? Better, worse, the same? Are there any elements you see on other sites you wish were here?

TWO-I VISIT HERE REGULARLY AND ALSO REDSKINS.COM YOU POST THE ONLY GOOD THING ABOUT THAT OTHER REDSKIN SITE=THE DOC WALKER INTERVIEWS.

THIS ONE IS THE BEST :thumb: YOU GOT CURRENT NEWS, GOOD DISCUSSSIONS, HISTORY, CAP INFO, ROSTER. YOU DON'T NEED ANYTHING ELSE. I LOVE THE CLEAN LOOK-NO CLUTTER. IF I'M BORED I MAY LURK ON OTHER SITES, JUST TO SEE WHAT'S GOING ON, BUT IT'S NOT THE SAME, I NEVER POST THERE, AND NO ONE HERE SAYS, " LET'S TRADE ROD GARDNER AND ADE JIMOH FOR PEYTON MANNING."

DEFINITELY MORE OFTEN, I CHECK THIS ONE ALMOST DAILY AND EXCLUSLIVELY.

I SUBSCRIBE TO WARPATH MAGAZINE AND THEY MENTIONED THE FORUMS, SO I DECIDED TO CHECK OUT THEIR SITE.

IT HELPS PAY THE BILLS I DON'T MIND THE ADS. BUT IT WAS FUNNY WHEN A GOOGLE AD RAN HERE FOR DALLAS COWBOY WEEKLY, BET THEY WON'T GENERATE MUCH BUSINESS

DEFINITELY LESS CLUTTERED AND I REALLY LOVE IT THAT WAY. I KNOW YOU ASKED ABOUT REDSKINS FORUMS, BUT I POST ON A BASKETBALL FORUM AND IT'S SO CLUTTERED, NOTHING BUT HUGE SIGNATURES FILLED WITH PICTURES, VIDEO CLIPS IN THE POST. HARD TO FIND THE DISCUSSION. SO THIS MAKES ME APPRECIATE THE CLEAN NO-CLUTTERED LOOK HERE. SOME OF THE OTHER REDSKIN FORUMS ARE HARD TO READ WITH THE COLOR OF BACKGROUND AND TEXT AND MISH MASH OF OTHER ITEMS, WAY TOO CLUTTERED.

A WEEKLY ZACK MILLS COLUMN JUST KIDDING......NOTHING NEEDS TO BE ADDED IT'S PERFECT.

"It's absolutely criminal, in my opinion, that Monk has yet to be enshrined (in the Pro-Football Hall of Fame)" Dan Arkush PFW
monk81 is offline   Reply With Quote