Day one winners and losers

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 04-25-2004, 10:30 AM   #1
MTK
\m/

Day one winners and losers

Cowboys on the losers list, lol

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfldraft/d...ohn&id=1789278

Dallas Cowboys: What, does Jerry Jones think that Bill Parcells is worrying about the 2005 team? Apparently, he does. He traded for Drew Henson, his quarterback of the future. He gave away the chance to take Steven Jackson by trading back for the gain of a 2005 first-rounder. Joe Gibbs is working on a two-year plan in Washington. This is Year 2 for Parcells. Julius Jones better be as good as Jackson or Year 3 might not be in Parcells' plans.
MTK is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 04-25-2004, 10:33 AM   #2
MTK
\m/

Anyone else think the Lions are setting themselves up very nicely on offense?! They'll have two dangerous WR's for Harrington, and they added a playmaking RB in Kevin Jones. Very nice.
Old 04-25-2004, 10:50 AM   #3
JWsleep
Propane and propane accessories

I thought the lions did pretty well there. They've now got 2 excellent WRs and a quality RB.

The skins: Taylor and a quality H-back prospect. Could you really ask for more? Now they just need to pick up a few sleeper DE/DTs, and we're there.
Old 04-25-2004, 10:51 AM   #4
Carnage
Special Teams

As a native virginian, I just became a lil bit of a Lions fan. I am SO glad that Kevin Jones is not a cowboy. Now I can keep rooting for him (as long as it is not near playoff time.)
You gotta wonder about the offenses at Detriot and Arizona. They both had a 1st round receiver and got another this year, but where are the veterans? Is charles rogers going to teach Roy Williams? Anquoin Boldin obviously had a great year, but he is still learning.
Carnage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2004, 12:40 PM   #5
skinsfanthru&thru
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carnage
As a native virginian, I just became a lil bit of a Lions fan. I am SO glad that Kevin Jones is not a cowboy. Now I can keep rooting for him (as long as it is not near playoff time.)
You gotta wonder about the offenses at Detriot and Arizona. They both had a 1st round receiver and got another this year, but where are the veterans? Is charles rogers going to teach Roy Williams? Anquoin Boldin obviously had a great year, but he is still learning.
i was praying for the same thing about jones cuz i think this guy is gonna be awesome in the nfl. all throughout last year, the broadcasters said he reminded them and a lot of college talent scouts of a stronger barry sanders so I guess it makes sense for him to be going to sanders former team. I don't know who Arizona has as its other wide recievers but Dennis Green knows how to coach wrs and his offense so i think they'll be fine. as far as detroit, the only recievers other than rodgers and williams that i know of them having r hakim and schroder. Lehman out of oklahoma is a good pick up for their defense 2. I hope this draft helps get matt millen out of the doghouse and the team actually starts to perform, just not against the skins or anyone we might need them to lose too.
skinsfanthru&thru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2004, 12:40 PM   #6
Gmanc711
Thank You, Sean.

I pay attention to the Lions a little bit, they are a very young team. I think they will be a average team next year, maybe 7-9 8-8, but much improved. However in 2005, I would watch them, cause they are gonna gel and be very dangerous
Gmanc711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2004, 12:48 PM   #7
skinsfanthru&thru
Playmaker

i still can't believe san diego made out like bandits getting the qb they really wanted, a 3rd this year resulting in a possible starting center with their own pick and a young kicker, as well as the giants 1st and 5th next year. all for a player who didn't want to play for them and has never taken a NFL snap. i can't even begin to imagine what mannings rookie hazing's gonna be like after all of this.
skinsfanthru&thru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2004, 12:54 PM   #8
MTK
\m/

Manning better be the real deal. I think the Giants gave up way too much for him, especially considering Rivers and Roethlisberger are very comparable prospects and were actually rated higher than Manning by some teams.
Old 04-25-2004, 01:00 PM   #9
Scott
Special Teams

I would say the biggest winner is the 49ers, they got extra picks and still got the WR they had targeted in the 1st round.
Scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2004, 04:44 PM   #10
Ghost
Special Teams

Detoit and Oakland really did well but I also like the Titans' draft: Ben Troupe, Antwan Odom, Randy Starks, a bunch of other people. They really helped themselves on the D line.
Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2004, 04:51 PM   #11
Dave Butz Baby!
Special Teams

I really like what Detroit did. Millen may have saved his job with what he and Mooch did this year. And for a team that didn't really move around, I like the picks that the Cardinals made.
Old 04-25-2004, 06:59 PM   #12
Carnage
Special Teams

NE did well as usually. Cedric Cobb could be a great pro.
Carnage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2004, 11:54 PM   #13
Spearhead
Camp Scrub

Ariz- Green's first 3 picks were stellar, and then made smart picks Sunday
Det- 2 future stars on Off and a couple great def guys
SF- agree they got a ton of good players
Jax- great first day, weird Sunday picks though
Tenn- several great pickups- scarey Def line and Troupe
NE- great draft- one of the best

also like Wash, but the OT picks confused me a little, and i liked Minn and Oak, but didn't like too many of their picks Sun
Spearhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2004, 07:41 AM   #14
Daseal
Puppy Kicker

I think the Lions, the Falcons, and Tennessee did the best by far.

I think that the Chargers made a mistake. They should have traded the #1 overall to the Giants for what they gave them for Manning. Then traded it down again to the Texans at #10. The Steelers wanted rivers and there's a chance someone could jump up and grab a QB, but you'd have Ben or Rivers fall to you.

The Texans wanted Sean Taylor bad. I'm glad the above scenario didn't happen, but if I were in SD's place I woulda done that.
Daseal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2004, 07:54 AM   #15
BrudLee
Playmaker

I'd say the Chargers pulling next year's #1 out of the Giants made their draft. They got the QB they wanted, and the first round pick of a team that will likely be starting a rookie behind a line that gave up 44 sacks last year. Look for the Chargers to have two high picks next year, as both Schottenheimer and Coughlin struggle in improved divisions.