Originally Posted by JWsleep
Is DOckery injured?
the post says he has a shoulder injury.
skinsfanthru&thru is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 04-30-2004, 03:10 AM   #17
hi-jinx
Special Teams

How much of an battle to you all think there will be at QB or do you think Mark B. is an absoute lock?
hi-jinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2004, 10:17 AM   #18
MTK
\m/

I think there will be a fair and square QB battle.

Gibbs is going to start whoever gives the team the best shot at winning, regardless of the size of his contract.

That being said, I think most of us would agree Brunell's experience and proven track record gives him the edge. Ramsey will really have to knock the socks off the staff to take the job. If it's a dead heat Brunell will get the nod.
MTK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2004, 10:46 AM   #19
Defensewins
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfanthru&thru
i'm kinda suprised to read that friedman will be the starting center and raymer will be his backup and not the other way around.
It does not matter who is starting going into an April 30th Minicamp. What matters is who is starting going into our first regular season game.
Bugel and Gibbs always shuffle the players around during training camp. They want to give everyone a chance to show what they have.
If I remember correctly, Bugel started Friedman over Dockery at LG in the last minicamp. This does not mean anything but experimentation.

Last edited by Defensewins; 04-30-2004 at 10:50 AM.
Defensewins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2004, 01:47 PM   #20
skinsfanthru&thru
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defensewins
It does not matter who is starting going into an April 30th Minicamp. What matters is who is starting going into our first regular season game.
Bugel and Gibbs always shuffle the players around during training camp. They want to give everyone a chance to show what they have.
If I remember correctly, Bugel started Friedman over Dockery at LG in the last minicamp. This does not mean anything but experimentation.
I'm the type of person who see's if someone is listed as the starter in camp, it has to be for a reason and that reason more often than not is because they r the favorite to win said position. Plus at the last minicamp I'm pretty sure dockery didn't perform in many if any drills due to his shoulder injury so they could be why friedman had practiced at that position at that time.
Old 04-30-2004, 03:45 PM   #21
Defensewins
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfanthru&thru
I'm the type of person who see's if someone is listed as the starter in camp, it has to be for a reason and that reason more often than not is because they r the favorite to win said position. Plus at the last minicamp I'm pretty sure dockery didn't perform in many if any drills due to his shoulder injury so they could be why friedman had practiced at that position at that time.
Well in this case, Lennie Friedman starting at center does not mean he is the favorite to start in regular season. Below is part of an article from Redskins.com and quote from Bugel explaining the reasons for all offensive line shuffling.

Gary Fitzgerald from Redskins.com wrote:

During positional drills, offensive coaches continued to play with different rotations at different positions, mostly to evaluate depth. For example, the first team offensive line unit included Kenyatta Jones at left guard, Cory Raymer at center and Lennie Friedman at right guard.
Derrick Dockery saw work with the second team during positional drills but for the second straight day sat out the scrimmage along with Chris Samuels and Randy Thomas to rest various injuries.
"What we'd like to find out is what kind of quality depth we have going into training camp," Bugel said. "[By Sunday], we want to be able to say we have some depth out there and some kids we can plug in until the starters get healthy again."

I am not trying to be a smart ass, I just want to point out if Ade Jimoh starts a mini camp practice at CB, it does not mean he is the favorite to start in September. They are just evaluating all the talent and like you said there are injured players that can not participate yet..
Defensewins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2004, 05:09 PM   #22
skinsfanthru&thru
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defensewins
I am not trying to be a smart ass, I just want to point out if Ade Jimoh starts a mini camp practice at CB, it does not mean he is the favorite to start in September. They are just evaluating all the talent and like you said there are injured players that can not participate yet..
i understand and I know depth charts can change rather quickly and sometimes for reasons we don't understand. but in certain situations u expect certain people brought in to be the starters and i thought raymer was one of those players. so it's just a little suprising to me that right now he's being thought of as the backup.

and if jimoh ever was depended on to start, we r in for a rough ride. (sorry ade jimoh fan club)